DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Storage Idea Other Than Thin Pack

Old 10-12-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Storage Idea Other Than Thin Pack

I've read through part of the thread about DVD storage ideas. I've used a few thin packs myself but I am limited on space as well.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned but what I found works really well is a four disc case. They are the exact same dimensions as a regular single disc case. They store a disc on each of the inside covers as well as a two-disc flap in the middle.

I cut out a blank, correct sized paper cover and print the titles of the discs on the spine and then just store the original covers away.

These cases can be hard to buy, I bought mine from a media supply wholesaler.

They're great as you can reduce your collection 4:1
Old 10-12-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

For people who like to arrange their collection in a certain way, it's a pain enough to move everything around to keep them in order as you add to the collection. To move individual discs inside cases would be a huge pain, at least for me.
Old 10-12-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The custom cover world has been using these for ages. They are perfect for TV sets. You can even get 6 disc cases that are the same size as a single these days. You should see the amount of space saved on something like Stargate: SG-1.

Combining movie series is also a no brainer, but as mzupeman said, random discs would be very odd and hard to keep track of.
Old 10-12-08, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If space is at a premium, I like DiscSox. They take up much less space than hard DVD cases (even thin or multi-disc cases). And unlike binders or folders, they allow you to keep the original cover art with the disc.
Old 10-13-08, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I use 8 disc cases for some of my large TV/box sets (Looking at you 24, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc) as well as my Martial Arts stuff. I have custom cases for all Van Damme movies, Seagal, etc. Huge space savers. Recently Ive seen cases that can hold from 10-16 disc.
Old 10-13-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

animals....every last one of you.
Old 10-14-08, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
times two.
Old 10-14-08, 09:28 AM

Shop4Tech is a great site for DVD cases.

www.shop4tech.com

I use the 14mm (standard DVD case size) 6-disc DVD cases. They really save space if you don't mind not seeing the artwork. It's easy to group movies by actor/director/sequels etc..

http://www.shop4tech.com/item3706.html
Old 10-14-08, 10:10 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

I just ordered 200 slimcases from shop4tech, 100 single and 100 double, and am very happy with the quality.

Use one of the meta shopping sites like live.com or fatwallet to get cashback, and they also have a 15% off coupon this week, DH15.
Old 10-14-08, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
Why do you say that? There is a metric shit ton of custom DVD covers that rival if not better the studio art. Using said covers to shrink down box sets is a bonus. If you are unfamiliar you can search for some of my stuff in the Cover/Cases forum for an example. I think I still have some Cheers and Seinfeld pics up.

The other ideas, with a sharpie involved... yes... animals.
Old 10-14-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm a bachelor. I'll use the thin cases for this or that but when it comes to my DVD collection as a whole I just keep throwing up homemade shelving. Boards are cheap and shelves are pretty simple to build.Who needs pretty walls? Besides, what is prettier on a wall than rows and rows of DVDs?