Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

So apparently there IS a regular Simpson S11 box

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-08, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The apparent lack of a "regular" box for this set kept me from preordering (as I've done for just about every season from the get-go), but after this mess I'm glad I didn't bother.
Old 10-08-08, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
Yep, this packaging is pretty bad. To make matters even worse, once again they shipped these to stores with NO shrinkwrap over the plastic slipcover. I went to Best Buy first today but didn't buy it there because they all had price tags on the slipcovers. Had to go to Target to get a clean one. Why the fuck do they keep doing this??? They did it with "Joy Ride 2" also, which I thought about picking up but didn't mostly because of the store putting their price tag on the cardboard slipcover.
Old 10-08-08, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was gonna get this, but now I am not. Cardboard sleeves for disc storage - stupid assholes! Fox is getting hate mail from me. I was planning on getting all the future seasons, no matter how bad some of them get, but this changes everything.
Old 10-08-08, 11:59 AM

I'm still going to pick this up, but it is odd how they keep changing the packaging for the Simpsons.
Old 10-08-08, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Ha! Soon as I opened the dvd I just knew the people here would absolutley hate the packaging.

The Krusty head is fun though superfluous (like his third nipple), but you can take it off easy enough. And the rest of the package is great - it's super compact, visually appealing and has a great booklet insert - so aside from the small hassle of removing the discs, I give this packaging a big thumbs up!
Old 10-08-08, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aside from the hassle of removing discs? How about the hassle of providing packaging that's going to get those things scuffed no matter how careful you are for years with this thing? They're bound to get scuffs and scrapes, no matter how nice you take care of them.
Old 10-08-08, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Yep, this packaging is pretty bad. To make matters even worse, once again they shipped these to stores with NO shrinkwrap over the plastic slipcover. I went to Best Buy first today but didn't buy it there because they all had price tags on the slipcovers. Had to go to Target to get a clean one. Why the fuck do they keep doing this??? They did it with "Joy Ride 2" also, which I thought about picking up but didn't mostly because of the store putting their price tag on the cardboard slipcover.
That's my biggest pet peeve of DVD collecting.
Old 10-08-08, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
Aside from the hassle of removing discs? How about the hassle of providing packaging that's going to get those things scuffed no matter how careful you are for years with this thing? They're bound to get scuffs and scrapes, no matter how nice you take care of them.
I've already taken the first disc in and out a few time and I have no scuffs or scrapes - and I'm not taking exceptional care removing them either - it's slick paper - it's not gonna scratch shit. Really? Are people scraping their discs as if the sleeves were sandpaper?
Old 10-08-08, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yep, this packaging is pretty bad. To make matters even worse, once again they shipped these to stores with NO shrinkwrap over the plastic slipcover. I went to Best Buy first today but didn't buy it there because they all had price tags on the slipcovers. Had to go to Target to get a clean one. Why the fuck do they keep doing this???
You're kidding right? I mean, I saw the plastic slipcover as being the same thing as a shrinkwrap - I tossed it. After you take off the Krusty face, what do you need the slipcover for? It's just there to protect the face during transit.
Old 10-09-08, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
It has the title on the front- the ones for the previous 5 heads are needed more so because they have titles on the spines. This might not be such a big deal, but it REALLY pisses me off when they have stuff like lenticular slipcovers with no shrinkwrap so they usually put a big-ass price tag over part of it, or a few titles (like Freaked, IRobot and Napoleon Dynamite) where the keepcase art doesn't make much sense on its own.

I'm an obsessive collector so I save everything that comes with a DVD anyways, and I never buy anything used when it's still available new so putting out brand-new merchandise with no shrinkwrap over it and price tags stuck on kind of defeats that.
Old 10-09-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Im in the minority, because I really like the packaging. The fold-out is quite nice. Unfortunately, I didn't get the version with tiny metal KrustyO's inside that gash every disc.
Now I have Seasons 6, 7 and 11 "head" packaging, and 8-10 regular(which were gifts). If I could trade my 8-10 for the head packaging that would be sweet.
Old 10-09-08, 11:59 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I bought The Simpsons: Season 11 on Tuesday and I too hate the way they packaged the dvd. I put the discs in seperate CD cases so they won't get scratched.
Old 10-09-08, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It has the title on the front- the ones for the previous 5 heads are needed more so because they have titles on the spines. This might not be such a big deal, but it REALLY pisses me off when they have stuff like lenticular slipcovers with no shrinkwrap so they usually put a big-ass price tag over part of it, or a few titles (like Freaked, IRobot and Napoleon Dynamite) where the keepcase art doesn't make much sense on its own.

I'm an obsessive collector so I save everything that comes with a DVD anyways, and I never buy anything used when it's still available new so putting out brand-new merchandise with no shrinkwrap over it and price tags stuck on kind of defeats that.
Can't you just put a little goo-gone or lighter fluid on the price sticker and easily remove it? Jesus. It really isn't that big of a deal.
Old 10-09-08, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Meh, all of my stuff was fine with no price tags.

Buy it at Target, they don't put tags on their stuff.
Old 10-09-08, 09:40 PM

Yeah my buddy bought this the other day. Ridiculous cardboard sleeves to hold the discs, and his first disc was scratched so badly that it wouldn't even play in my DVD player.
Old 10-22-08, 08:55 PM

The guys over at tvshowsondvd.com think the packaging is crap also: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sim...-Box-Art/10740
Old 10-23-08, 07:40 AM

I read the ^ article. I don't care for the "head" packaging and always order the regular. As I understand it, unlike the previous Simpsons releases, the Krusty head release is basically the regular release with a Krusty head attached and can be removed. Is that correct? Do I not have to worry about which version to order? Last time I checked dd.com does not have a listing for the regular packaging and I want to order it from them during the Nov. sale.
Old 10-23-08, 10:28 AM
KLZ
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Upper pylon 3
I read the ^ article. I don't care for the "head" packaging and always order the regular. As I understand it, unlike the previous Simpsons releases, the Krusty head release is basically the regular release with a Krusty head attached and can be removed. Is that correct? Do I not have to worry about which version to order? Last time I checked dd.com does not have a listing for the regular packaging and I want to order it from them during the Nov. sale.
Yes.
Old 10-23-08, 10:45 AM

Cool. Thanks!
Old 10-23-08, 12:06 PM
Banned

FOX should offer a packaging replacement. The disc sooner or later are going to be damaged either by smudge or scratches, all because of the crappy packaging. Is the a customer service email where people who bought this set can voice their opinion about this issue?
Old 12-29-08, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I picked up the head set today price matching at Best Buy for 14.99+tax. I agree that the packaging should have been better though. Why does packaging have to regress?
Old 12-29-08, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Why does packaging have to regress?
the alighty ollar?
Old 12-29-08, 10:15 PM

I got all my discs out, and I can tell you now, they aren't going back in until i get some cd sleeves.
Old 12-31-08, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
I like the "head concept" but when they kept bouncing back and forth, I gave up. Sometimes you could only get the head; sometimes you could get either; sometimes you could get the head and buy the box; sometimes the heads were limited and you couldn't find them if you bought late ... to hell with it. I'm waiting for the complete series.
Old 01-01-09, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I picked up the head set today price matching at Best Buy for 14.99+tax. I agree that the packaging should have been better though. Why does packaging have to regress?
who had it for 14.99 in the first place?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.