Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like the 4th Annual Holiday Movie Challenge (11/24-1/1)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like the 4th Annual Holiday Movie Challenge (11/24-1/1)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-08, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
That's exactly why when I light anything in my house (candles or otherwise) I not only blow them out but I will run the wick under water as well. If I light matches in the house I usually run them under water as well before throwing them away, to make sure no fire starts in the garbage or anything like that.

Sad story, I'm sorry.
Old 12-18-08, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm officially out of Christmas stuff to watch. I haven't watched anything on TV or online for this challenge, just what I own on DVD, plus a couple on VHS. I do have some New Year's stuff I'll be watching on New Year's Eve, but until then, looks like I'll be taking a couple of weeks off from the challenge.

Rob
Old 12-18-08, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by RobCA
I'm officially out of Christmas stuff to watch. I haven't watched anything on TV or online for this challenge, just what I own on DVD, plus a couple on VHS. I do have some New Year's stuff I'll be watching on New Year's Eve, but until then, looks like I'll be taking a couple of weeks off from the challenge.

Rob
Congrats, Man!

I have the opposite problem. Too much to watch, not enough free time to watch it. I have a bunch of stuff on the DVR that I'll probably just end up deleting on Dec 26. It's not like horror where I watch it year-round. I rarely watch anything Christmas related outside of the season.
Old 12-18-08, 12:21 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Rob
Of course you know that there is about 50 hours of Christmas programming on cable per day, right?
Old 12-18-08, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
I'm at 84 now two more shows and I'll beat my last years total, but I think I'm already burned out on Christmas viewing. I will probably watch the rest of the new stuff I bought this year, then finish with my wild card movies.
Old 12-18-08, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trevor
Of course you know that there is about 50 hours of Christmas programming on cable per day, right?
Yup! But instead of watching TV, I'd rather watch my DVDs; that's why I buy 'em.

Rob
Old 12-18-08, 02:30 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Yup! But instead of watching TV, I'd rather watch my DVDs; that's why I buy 'em.

Rob
I know what you mean, set myself a goal of one unwatched movie a day (on average) back in April and am keeping up so far.

But I also look at my cable bill and feel like I have to watch some TV to get my money's worth there.
Old 12-18-08, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor
I also look at my cable bill and feel like I have to watch some TV to get my money's worth there.
I do that too. I'm like, "Ok, I pay $95 for this and my internet combined, we'te GOING to get our money's worth" and then I have the TV on about 16 hours a day when I'm not working, and I feel justified. :-p
Old 12-18-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah Im almost pretty much out of steam with the xmas programming... I think the problem is I have watched way too much crappy stuff and its beginning to take it toll. Ill try to make it to xmas day where I will do Xmas Vacation and Xmas Story and call it done.
Old 12-19-08, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just had my birthday today and despite receiving numerous TV season DVDs, it doesn't look like a single one has any Christmas episodes on it. I've still got about 10-15 things I need to watch from my collection, plus a couple of shows on the DVR, and I'm hoping to get Joyeux Noël off of my Netflix queue to watch on Christmas Eve.
Old 12-19-08, 03:47 PM

I've fallen out of spirit lately. I think once Monday gets here I'll be in full Christmas mode and really cram some good stuff in those days before Christmas!
Old 12-19-08, 04:12 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

My problem has been that I'm waiting until the last few days before (and including) Christmas to watch the top ones: Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, White Christmas, etc... so up till now it's been mostly tv shows and kid stuff with my daughter.
Old 12-23-08, 11:20 AM

Well, I watched the 1938 version of "A Christmas Carol" and I'm a blubbery mess. It figures. I don't even want to think about what the other movies are going to do to me.
Old 12-23-08, 01:42 PM

I got the next 5 days off including today. I usually stop after Christmas Eve, Christmas day is full of family stuff so I don't watch anything on Christmas day. I'm gonna try to watch to watch as many as I can today and tomorrow!
Old 12-23-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I pretty much watch ONLY "A Christmas Story" on Christmas day.
Old 12-23-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is anyone else including Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, its always been a favorite of mine.
Old 12-24-08, 01:23 AM

Yeah, my plan from less than 12 hours ago already fell apart. I got to playing Rock Band and that consumed most of my day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better since it's Christmas Eve!!
Old 12-24-08, 02:07 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Anyone else notice how much Christmas gets in the way of watching Christmas movies?

The last week or two I've added almost nothing to my list, because I've been too busy with shopping, wrapping, planning, decorating, holiday activities with the family....

Come on, people! I have movies to watch! Leave me alone!!
Old 12-24-08, 07:45 PM

It doesn't really get into my way, it's just I'm not in the spirit for some reason. I should be but I keep thinking about how everything goes back to normal AFTER Christmas, and I need to stop thinking about that because it should be what happens now! Not later! Life is too damn short to worry about stupid shit like that.

I'm not coming anywhere close to my goal from last year, but I am staying up really late tonight and will try to get in some more titles.
Old 12-25-08, 02:23 AM

Let me be the first to wish you and yours the

Merriest of Christmases
Old 12-25-08, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merry Christmas, everybody!
Old 12-25-08, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Let me be the third!

Merry Christmas, y'all!
Old 12-26-08, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cinemaphile
Anyone else notice how much Christmas gets in the way of watching Christmas movies?

The last week or two I've added almost nothing to my list, because I've been too busy with shopping, wrapping, planning, decorating, holiday activities with the family....

Come on, people! I have movies to watch! Leave me alone!!
LOL!

I'm surprised that I've watched as much as I have lately (and that still ain't much) with how busy we've been.
Old 12-27-08, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Is anyone else including Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, its always been a favorite of mine.
I watched it again this year ... love that one.
Old 12-28-08, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Christmas Eve on Sesame Street was the one show that really put me in the Christmas mood this year. PBS use to always air it on Christmas Eve until they stopped sometime in the early 90s. I have the dvd, but its really sad its not on tv anymore, not only that this year was the show's 30th aniversary. It really is one my all time favorite Christmas shows, classic Sesame Street at its best,and still holds up incredibly well for me watching it at age 27.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 12-30-08 at 09:07 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.