Star Wars The Clone Wars on November 11th

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Star Wars The Clone Wars on November 11th

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-08, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was surprised by the deleted scenes on the 2nd disk. There are 4 scenes, but they total over 10 minutes and are almost entirely action scenes. Not only that, but they look essentially done aside from a timestamp that appears a few times. You don't often see this kind of completed deleted footage from an animated project, as I'd assume they'd cut scenes during the storyboarding phase, NOT after they went ahead and did the whole thing...

Originally Posted by Quack
And of course it doesn't with any insert booklet at all....
Pretty much every studio has dropped inserts as a standard. Unfortunate but what can you do...

Last edited by Labor; 11-11-08 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-11-08, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even though I haven't even seen this movie (on a scale of 1-10 as Star Wars fans go, I'm probably a 6.5), heard it was terrible, I still bought copies today. For some reason, the steelbook wasn't as pretty as I thought it would be, but still pretty cool. I actually ended up getting the Target version, too, because it's not just different artwork, it's got a really nice sleeve to go over the disc and booklet.

I really hope I enjoy it, though.
Old 11-12-08, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
it's like a rainbow of magical skittles evading the senses and showering the beholder with peace, love and joy!
nice.
Old 11-12-08, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by trammel
What is the disc art like in the steelbook?
Disc one has a clone trooper standing and disc two has a clone trooper crouching.
Old 11-12-08, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
At least 20+ copies at my BB this morning at 9am. When did BB start opening at 9am? Is it just for the holidays this month and next?
I haven't been over there that early to see that they open at 9am but I did notice that they now open at 10am on Sundays. It might just be for the holidays but I'm not sure. What city are you from in the bay area?
Old 11-12-08, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

my BB only had 2 copies at about 11 am yesterday. they also had the 51.42 price tag. none are available today.
Old 11-12-08, 03:13 PM

I'll have to say that although I like the steelbook best, the disc covers themselves on the the other sets look like they could be better. I say "could" be better because I have only seen what is on the official site, which only shows the edges of the discs. Anyone willling to post picks or a link? The steelbook disc covers are very vanilla.
Old 11-12-08, 03:35 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Target discs:

Old 11-12-08, 04:10 PM

Thanks cinemaphile for posting those pics. And it confirms it. They are better, imo anyway. I like disc 2 especially.
Old 11-12-08, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Got the Blu from Netflix. Not a ridiculously AWFUL flick, but there's no reason it had to be made other than to be a Theatrical pilot to the TV series (which I haven't seen, yet)

The flick itself is really pretty, but very forgettable.
Old 11-12-08, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts

Old 11-13-08, 01:00 AM

Can someone post pictures of the disc art for the regular 2-disc set (Anakin lenticular)? So far, I'm leaning towards the Steelbook. But I want to go with the set with the best overall art (since the content seems to be the same on all 3 versions).
Old 11-13-08, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It looks the disc art for the steelbook is in keeping with the tone of the cover itself. Quiet, dark, ominous. It's fitting, if a little bland. The disc art for the Target set is also in keeping with the cover for the set: colorful, full of characters, fitting for Star Wars.

The funny thing is, I liked the art on both copies so much, I bought 'em both, and now I can't decide which one to open.
Old 11-13-08, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

IMHO the art for the steelbook and the quality of the case itself more then make up for the actual disc art. Which isn't bad to begin with.
Old 11-13-08, 07:18 PM

tanman, how did yours come with an insert or is it just the halfslip that came on the outside that you cut to make an insert? Thanks for posting pics.

I finally just watched it today for the first time. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't think it was great but pretty good and very enjoyable nonetheless, and I don't understand some of the extreme hate it received from many.
Old 11-13-08, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dEEahn20
tanman, how did yours come with an insert or is it just the halfslip that came on the outside that you cut to make an insert? Thanks for posting pics.

I finally just watched it today for the first time. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't think it was great but pretty good and very enjoyable nonetheless, and I don't understand some of the extreme hate it received from many.
Yeah, I really hate missing inserts. This one had the code for the digital copy so to me that is at least something. But yeah I just trimmed off the outer covering and just kind of crammed it in there. Unfortunately it didn't fit as well as with the Iron Man steelbook. But I don't care, I'm not going to open up the DVD that much.
Old 11-13-08, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by tanman
Yeah, I really hate missing inserts. This one had the code for the digital copy so to me that is at least something. But yeah I just trimmed off the outer covering and just kind of crammed it in there. Unfortunately it didn't fit as well as with the Iron Man steelbook. But I don't care, I'm not going to open up the DVD that much.
are you sure it wasn't just a bad cutting job by you
Old 11-13-08, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It wasn't a very good cutting job but it was much bigger then the iron man paper so I had to trim it and I tried to trim it so that it didn't cut out any of the words on the back.
Old 11-13-08, 08:20 PM

you gave it your best shot and that's all that matters. I bet most people didn't even think to do that in the first place
Old 11-13-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
I just left taped mine to the back to the case.
Old 11-14-08, 01:01 AM

Just watched it, tbh I enjoyed it a lot. The story isn't exactly something for a large scale movie release (you can tell it was originally meant for TV), but overall it was pretty entertaining.

Obi-Wans voice actor did an amazing job sounding exactly like McGregor. You'd almost think it was him.
Old 11-14-08, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by civiclx
you gave it your best shot and that's all that matters. I bet most people didn't even think to do that in the first place
I've actually done this to quite a few of my SteelBooks. I use my wife's scrapbook paper cutter. It does a great job of helping me do a clean cutting job of it to make it an insert. I haven't tried the one on Clone Wars yet, but it is one of the largest ones I've seen in quite awhile. Hopefully, I'll be able to cut enough around it to make it fit nice and clean without cutting out the wording.

And, Star Wars overall is geared more for kids anyway, so I was expecting this to be something kiddos would like more than adults. When looked at in that light, it's not a bad movie. It did a pretty good job, imo, of launching the tv show, . . ., which is on Cartoon Network, . . ., which is geared for the kids.
Old 11-14-08, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RD1973
Can someone post pictures of the disc art for the regular 2-disc set (Anakin lenticular)? So far, I'm leaning towards the Steelbook. But I want to go with the set with the best overall art (since the content seems to be the same on all 3 versions).
I have the Blu Ray but it should give you an idea of what the 2-disc looks like.

Old 11-15-08, 03:38 PM

Watched this last night. Great Movie!!!! Not as good as the Original Series but at least it was better than The Phantom Menace... god that sucked so bad.
Old 11-17-08, 06:57 PM

Anyone find any easter eggs? I mean DVD easter eggs, like hidden featurettes or outtakes etc, not the in-movie type.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.