Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Amazon offering old Nick TV Shows via burn-on-demand

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-08, 08:04 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Season 1 is 299 minutes and Season 2 is 300 minutes, so divide that over 13 episodes is about 23 minutes per episode. I recieved Season 2 in the mail this morning, and posted some pictures on Amazon.com. I'm happy with the sets even though they're burned and have no extras. I'll put off the Hey Arnold sets till christmas and hold out on full season sets of Rocko's modern life.
Old 09-19-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received my Rocko v1 set today at work today from FedEx... and promptly forgot it on my way out!

From the looks of the back cover though you get 12 cartoons on the two discs (which equals 6 episodes, I guess). Looking through IMDB, all the episodes I can remember (Carnival Knowledge, Who's for Dinner?, Sand in Your Navel, A Sucker for the Suck-o-Matic) are all from the first season so one has to wonder if the second set is comprised of the other 14 segments (7 episodes) to make up the entire first season.
Old 09-19-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet! I've put in my order for season 1, with further releases to follow once I get paid at the end of the month.
Old 09-19-08, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Found the episode list (I added the episode numbers)

Disc-1
01x09 Carnival knowledge (Rocko and Heffer go to a carnival at the sewage treatment plant)
01x09 Sand in the navel (While at the beach, Rocko's dog spunky gets swooped up by a pelican.Now Rocko's afraid he's lost him forever)
01x08 A sucker for the suck-o-matic (Rocko buys a new vacuum cleaner that seems to have a mind of its own)
01x08 Canned (When Rocko loses his job, he tries out odd jobs before going to an interview at Conglom-o)
01x11 Rocko's happy sack (Heap-o-food has a 99% off sale and Spunky accidently gets wrapped up and put on sale in the meat case)
01x11 Flu-in-u-enza (Rocko's got the flu and needs a cure before the championship wrestling match)

Disc-2
01x12 Who's for dinner (Heffer learns the wolves that raised him are not his natural parents)
01x12 Love spanked (Rocko whens a date with Heffer while on the game show"love seat")
01x13 Clean lovin (Spunky falls in love with the kitchen mop)
01x13 Unbalanced load (Chaos at the laudromat when the grimes try ruining Rocko's lucky shirt)
01x02 Leap frogs (Mrs.Big head invites Rocko over in an attempt to make Ed Bighead jealous))
01x02 Bedfellows (Heffer's parents rent out his room so he moves in with Rocko, but quickly overstays his welcome)

So they are all episodes from the first season... just strangely ordered! If somebody finds the Volume 2 list please post it. I'm just going to hypothesize that it is the other half of Season 1 (hopefully)
Old 09-19-08, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If the Good, The Bad, and the Wallaby or Road Rash are included let us know if they're uncut.
Old 09-22-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FYI, it looks like they just raised their prices a bit (at least for Doug--not sure about the others). Hopefully these are just typical Amazon price fluctuations and they'll go back down.

To clarify, the prices didn't increase, but, rather, the percentage off the retail price decreased.
Old 09-22-08, 04:21 PM
Cool New Member

somebody posted this at the toonzone forum for Vol 2:

Disc 1
No Pain, No Gain / Who Gives a Buck
Jet Scream / Dirty Dog
Keeping Up With the Bigheads / Skid Marks

Disc 2
The Good, The Bad, and The Wallaby / Trash-O-Madness
Power Trip / To Heck and Back
Spitballs / Popcorn Pandemonium
Cabin Fever / Rinse & Spit

So it looks like they split the first season into 2 best of volumes. So you have to pay $40 for the first season.
Old 09-22-08, 10:38 PM
Cool New Member

sorry to double post, but on amazon.com, all of the dvds minus S1 of Hey Arnold now say that they are temporarily out of stock. Vol 1 of Rocko does say it will ship between 5-7 days, while Vol 2 says its out of stock. S1 of Hey Arnold says "This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer." I don't know what this means but hopefully it means either more season sets of these shows or actual DVD releases from Nick/Paramount.
Old 09-22-08, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
fsujosh does anyone say if The Good, the Bad, and The Wallaby is uncut with the Heffer milking scene?
Old 09-23-08, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LOL... I watched the first volume. My girlfriend kept saying "OMG. I can't believe this was on Nickelodeon" especially with the large-breasted hippo and the "Elevator to Hell" ride on Carnival Knowledge.

I'll probably pick up the 2nd volume when it comes back in stock just to get Nickelodeon on the ball for true season sets with extras. Very strange that they pretty much took the 1st season and pressed "RANDOM" and split it between 2 volumes. But whatever floats their boat... it's not like it matters if you watch them chronologically as if it were a serial tv series.
Old 09-23-08, 04:08 AM

Great news about Rocko. I loved the show to death when I was younger and still consider it one of my favorite cartoons. Here's hoping Nick will give it a proper release, though.
Old 09-23-08, 12:38 PM

Do these have UPC#s?
Old 09-28-08, 12:44 PM

I want MORE old school Nick on DVD's .... all school Nick was just the best
Old 10-04-08, 11:28 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by mcfly
fsujosh does anyone say if The Good, the Bad, and The Wallaby is uncut with the Heffer milking scene?
I have both volumes now, and i watched that episode yesterday and that scene is NOT in the episode.
Old 05-01-09, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Amazon offering old Nick TV Shows via burn-on-demand

So, according to TVShowsonDVD, they're releasing Rugrats "Season 1" this way. They're listing it as having a runtime of 281 mins with 25 episodes, which basically jives with the first episode having 1 segment and the rest having 2 (so basically the first 13 ep "season" should be complete).

I'm very happy about this, but why in the hell do they have to release Rugrats, one of their biggest hits EVER, on DVD-R? Frankly, this is bullshit, especially given that the only way I was able to play the Doug sets was by ripping the episodes to my computer first.
Old 05-01-09, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BTW, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00264H48O?...89&camp=211189
Old 05-01-09, 02:05 PM

OH MY GOD YES!! I will buy that Rugrats release right away!
Old 05-01-09, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Is the market for old school Nick really THAT small? I mean, I know Pete & Pete and Clarrisa Explains It All sold poorly, which I guess killed any chances of any other shows being released in stores, but I find it so hard to believe that shows like Doug, Rugrats, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, etc cost so much to produce as to not turn a profit for them.

I had to resort to "other" methods on getting those complete series, but I will gladly buy Rugrats from Amazon for the first couple of seasons.
Old 05-01-09, 08:41 PM

They need to put out the rest of Doug, but I'm happy Rugrats is getting a release.
Old 05-02-09, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Darknite39
-
I'm very happy about this, but why in the hell do they have to release Rugrats, one of their biggest hits EVER, on DVD-R? Frankly, this is bullshit, especially given that the only way I was able to play the Doug sets was by ripping the episodes to my computer first.
I'm just glad it's getting released finally.
Old 05-02-09, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

I bought the first set of Doug via Amazon last year, and this Rugrats news sounds good. Too bad about this method of release, but then again at least it's coming.
Old 05-02-09, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
Is the market for old school Nick really THAT small? I mean, I know Pete & Pete and Clarrisa Explains It All sold poorly, which I guess killed any chances of any other shows being released in stores, but I find it so hard to believe that shows like Doug, Rugrats, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, etc cost so much to produce as to not turn a profit for them.

I had to resort to "other" methods on getting those complete series, but I will gladly buy Rugrats from Amazon for the first couple of seasons.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they were planning on releasing Season 3, but the Viacom/CBS split F'ed everything up.
Old 10-30-09, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FYI, it looks like Doug Season 1 may be out of stock or OOP. Being the procrastinator that I am, I kept hoping that the DVD sets would drop in price a bit as more came out, but b/c of Doug, I went ahead and ordered the ones I would miss the most should the rest go OOP (which is the assumed status of Doug S1 b/c there's no "we're expecting more in XX timeframe" message). I suggest you other stragglers out there consider doing the same.
Old 10-30-09, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Darknite39
FYI, it looks like Doug Season 1 may be out of stock or OOP. Being the procrastinator that I am, I kept hoping that the DVD sets would drop in price a bit as more came out, but b/c of Doug, I went ahead and ordered the ones I would miss the most should the rest go OOP (which is the assumed status of Doug S1 b/c there's no "we're expecting more in XX timeframe" message). I suggest you other stragglers out there consider doing the same.
They're still available
Old 10-30-09, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, shoot. I guess I shouldn't browse Amazon late at night. I'm not crazy; they were OOS when I looked! Promise.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.