Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - VII

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-08, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge dvd is released on dec 23, they changed the date

i hate how they included average matches from raw and smackdown and not the best, why not release edge-taker from mania 24 rather than there smackdown match

atleast theres not to much re-released stuff, i think i only have 3 or 4 matches on that set already on dvd so ill pick it up for sure, there are some great matches on there
Old 10-22-08, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i hate how they included average matches from raw and smackdown and not the best, why not release edge-taker from mania 24 rather than there smackdown match
I would rather have an Edge set of nothing but Smackdown and Raw matches than any PPV matches, since all the PPV stuff is already available.
Old 10-22-08, 03:42 PM

I don't have much to complain about the match listing for the Edge set.

While I'm not much of a fan of getting the same matches on multiple sets, you have to figure that Edge had some of the input on the matches included with this three-disc release. The ladder match from No Mercy was a big stepping stone for Edge, as well as Christian and the Hardys. It could have easily appeared on the Twist of Fate release. (But the match has already been included on the Hardys' Leap of Faith DVD and The Ladder Match).

Instead of Edge vs. Guerrero from Unforgiven, they should have went with their match four days after the PPV, the No DQ match from SmackDown.

I do like that Jarrett vs. Edge extra on Disc 2 simply because it was at a House Show the night before Fully Loaded '99.
Old 10-22-08, 03:51 PM

not everybody buys the anthologys or ppvs, just the best of
im all for releasing everything ppv or not, but it would of been perfect to see all 3 taker-edge ppv classics from this year rather a normal smackdown match

but all in all its a great set, now that we know all wwe dvd match listings for this year i think the best ones are

complete hell
viva la raza-eddie
history of ic
edge

all 4 of these are great, only negative is that lots of previous released stuff, but these 4 are solid dvds to pick up or coming soon to pick up

p.s.anybody have a updated list on whats coming out after the edge dvd on dec 23, i heard starrcade in january?
Old 10-22-08, 03:57 PM

Edge DVD looks amazing, that HEAT match with Mr. Perfect and the early match with Christian are great additions and the Kurt Angle stuff is good since I doubt he will be getting his own DVD anytime soon
Old 10-22-08, 05:19 PM

Has anyone heard any more about the Chris Jericho dvd that was announced in the WWE magazine? I'm curious to know if it's going to be an store exclusive or if it was a misprint?

Also I saw release dates for:

1/13 - Best Of Starrcade
1/20 - Armageddon 2008
1/27 - Legends Of Wrestling
Old 10-22-08, 05:51 PM

The UK Exclusive Summerslam 2008 Steel Book and UK Hell in Cell Exclusive have been sent out today so I should have pictures up tomorrow or Friday.
Old 10-22-08, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
edge dvd looks great but
no mercy ladder match-already on ladder match dvd
6 man ons match-already on best of ecw dvd(forget which one)
street fight with shawn-already on raw 15th anniversary
The street fight match between Edge and Michaels on the Raw 15th Anniversary DVD is actually from January 2007....completely different feud and match.
Old 10-22-08, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by SkipKassidy
Instead of Edge vs. Guerrero from Unforgiven, they should have went with their match four days after the PPV, the No DQ match from SmackDown.
I believe that match is on the Eddie DVD, which is coming out about a month before Edge's DVD, so I figure that's why that match isn't on here.
Old 10-22-08, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
Has anyone heard any more about the Chris Jericho dvd that was announced in the WWE magazine? I'm curious to know if it's going to be an store exclusive or if it was a misprint?

Also I saw release dates for:

1/13 - Best Of Starrcade
1/20 - Armageddon 2008
1/27 - Legends Of Wrestling
I wonder if the Legends Of Wrestling will be some of the footage from WWE 24/7's Legends roundtable discussions. If so, that dvd will be a great pick up.
Old 10-22-08, 11:33 PM

Randy Orton vs. Edge
RAW April 30, 2007

I am a HAPPY CAMPER.................. WOOOHOO.
Old 10-23-08, 12:33 AM

nice to hear that street fight is not the one on 15th anniversary dvd

still would of liked to see taker-edge-mania 24 instead of no mercy ladder match and 6 man ons match that have already been released,that way no previous stuff and all 3 taker matches on there
Old 10-23-08, 12:35 AM

I rather see the Raw match from May 2004 where Orton defended the IC Title against Edge. That was a sweet Raw. That had Jericho vs Christian in that cage match too on it.

I don't know if anyone would remember that Orton vs Edge match but it was sweet. Not as great as their Vengeance 2004 ppv match but it was definitely a step under.

Edge vs Brock Lesnar & Paul Heyman for the WWE Title from the Rebellion 2002 ppv would have been nice to see too on here.

And it's still too bad about Benoit cause that messed up a chance to see at least one match pitting Benoit/Angle vs Mysterio/Edge from Fall 2002 for the Tag Titles.

But the Edge dvd looks to be one of the best dvds for matches to get, next to the new Eddie Guerrero dvd.

But it is too bad there wasn't a documentary story on him on disc 1 and the rest being matches like HBK's or Bret Hart's dvds.
Old 10-23-08, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by sliccric2006

I think it was a misprint.
Old 10-23-08, 06:35 AM

Look what just arrived for me in the mail:

The slipcover is rather plain for a so-called 'limited edition', but hey.
Old 10-23-08, 07:07 AM

Doesnt look so limited edition like, I thought it would be something more exclusive
Old 10-23-08, 08:22 AM

Hey guys, new to the forum. Wrestling dvd/vhs collector & enthusiast for years, but have only recently gotten back into collecting after a lengthy hiatus.

Ok, I have just ordered the first 2 volumes of the Summer Slam Anthology, and on reading here about the amount of edits and missing footage, I'm wondering if its best that I cancel that order and go with the tagged classics versions? I really like the digipack packaging on the newer releases, but would would much prefer unedited dvd footage over packaging.

any thoughts?
Old 10-23-08, 08:35 AM

But it is too bad there wasn't a documentary story on him on disc 1 and the rest being matches like HBK's or Bret Hart's dvds.
This has irked me to no end, but I can see what WWE is doing.

From the Vault: Shawn Michaels (no documentary) >>>> The Shawn Michaels Story (documentary)

The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection (no documentary) >>>> The Nature Boy Ric Flair Definitive Collection (documentary)

John Cena: Word Life (not really a documentary per se, just a recap from his early years in the company) >>>> John Cena: My Life (documentary)

Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story (documentary) >>>> Viva La Raza (no documentary)

The Stone Cold Truth (documentary) >>>> The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin (no documentary)

Dollars to doughnuts, several years down the road they'll revisit Edge and have another release that includes a documentary.
Old 10-23-08, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by sirocco_jim
Hey guys, new to the forum. Wrestling dvd/vhs collector & enthusiast for years, but have only recently gotten back into collecting after a lengthy hiatus.

Ok, I have just ordered the first 2 volumes of the Summer Slam Anthology, and on reading here about the amount of edits and missing footage, I'm wondering if its best that I cancel that order and go with the tagged classics versions? I really like the digipack packaging on the newer releases, but would would much prefer unedited dvd footage over packaging.

any thoughts?
I'd say that if it's vastly cheaper to get the Anthology, then go for it. But if it's not, go for the tagged classics.
Old 10-23-08, 08:43 AM

i think it would basically break down as 2 tagged classics (4 discs) for 50 euros from silvervision, or 1 summerslam volume (5 discs) for 50 euros. tough call
Old 10-23-08, 09:01 AM

i think it would basically break down as 2 tagged classics (4 discs) for 50 euros from silvervision, or 1 summerslam volume (5 discs) for 50 euros. tough call
In that case, I'd go for the Anthology.

I guess it really depends on how much you value the packaging. Tagged Classics packaging is kind of plain.
Old 10-23-08, 09:11 AM

agreed. i suppose i can copy the missing matches from 92 and 96 over to dvdr and tryn squeeze them into the anthology case
Old 10-23-08, 09:30 AM

any thoughts?
Reason I dont have the Anthologies is cause the Tag Classics are better!
Old 10-23-08, 09:52 AM

is there much generic music in place of proper themes on the tagged classic releases? and is the wwf scratch logo blurred in later events?
Old 10-23-08, 10:37 AM

No everything is intact nothing is edited and the scratch logo aint blurred That is what makes them so good
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Tagged_Classics

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.