Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Harold & Kumar 2 - Seamless Branching Problems

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 07-30-08, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I'm watching Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay with the "Dude, Change the Movie" feature which has seamless branching to alternate takes based on on screen options. A sort of Choose Your Own Adventure thing. Kind of cool. Watching it on my PS3...

And the DVD is totally flipping out. When it seems to be going back to how the movie should be there is either a big pause or it starts fast forwarding like crazy. Haven't tried it on another player yet so I'm not sure if it's the PS3, or the DVD, but I've never had problems with seamless branching on the PS3 before.

Anyone else get the DVD and try this feature? I suppose I'll try it on another DVD player afterwards, and if the problem is still there I'll exchange it for another DVD. Kind off annoyed though.
Old 07-30-08, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had no issues on my XBOX 360 when I was watching the DVD earlier today.
Old 07-30-08, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can't wait to get the DVD and try out that feature. I don't suppose there's an option to force H&K to indulge in a cockmeat sandwich?

Old 07-30-08, 02:32 PM

I didn't use that feature and still had a problem with the disc in normal play. My copy hangs up at the whorehouse scene between the scene transition from Kumar with the two prostitutes to Harold talking about his feelings.