Old 07-15-08, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks lawyer goodwill
Old 07-15-08, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good Paaron46.

Originally Posted by Paaron46
Like I said my equipment isn't the best. That's pretty cheap-o DVD player, I just can't get a real extravagant one yet. I'm kinda waiting for BluRay players to come down in price so I can get one of those to play everything.
A large portion of your collection is TV on DVD titles so you haven't bought a lot of movies on DVD yet. My suggestion is that if you're going to eventually get a Blu-ray player when the price of them goes down (should be later in the year); maybe hold off on buying movies on DVD. If it's one that'll most likely never see a BD release like for example: In Bruges; you're pretty safe. Titles like Die Hard and 3:10 to Yuma are BD worthy and when you eventually get that BD player you might find yourself re-buying it.

I use the 40GB PS3 as a BD player, but I'll probably end up getting one of the new Sony models coming in the fall if it's good. I like using the PS3, but it uses a lot of energy.

Also, where did you get the Wall-E action figure?

Oh and congratulations on getting married.
Old 07-15-08, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by nateman
Looks good Paaron46.

Also, where did you get the Wall-E action figure?

Thanks for the information nateman. I'll take it all into consideration As for the Wall-e figure, my wife bought it for me at Toys R Us. They're 5.99 if I recall. They also had the Captain, the ship's wheel, and the little guy that says "mo" and cleans up all the tire tracks throughout the show. You can also find them at Toysrus.com (hope that helps).
Old 07-16-08, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by paaron46
Thanks for the information nateman. I'll take it all into consideration As for the Wall-e figure, my wife bought it for me at Toys R Us. They're 5.99 if I recall. They also had the Captain, the ship's wheel, and the little guy that says "mo" and cleans up all the tire tracks throughout the show. You can also find them at Toysrus.com (hope that helps).
Thanks. I'll have to wheel on down to Toys R Us one day.
Old 07-16-08, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by nateman
Thanks. I'll have to wheel on down to Toys R Us one day.
might want to wait a bit. this was the very last one at my Toys R Us. The whole Wall-e wall was bare.
Old 07-17-08, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by paaron46
might want to wait a bit. this was the very last one at my Toys R Us. The whole Wall-e wall was bare.
That doesn't surprise me. I haven't seen the movie yet, but the people who did probably rushed out and got little toys like yours because they loved it so much. They'll come out with more little figures when the Blu-ray and DVD is released.
Old 07-17-08, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Might want to check out Blockbuster too, our store got a ton of those Wall-E toys.
Old 07-17-08, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Abe.
Might want to check out Blockbuster too, our store got a ton of those Wall-E toys.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-17-08, 10:39 AM

You'd never think of a place like Blockbuster getting toys like that in when Wal-Mart and Target don't. Thanks for the tip. I'd like to get the Captain, and the little "MO" robot.
Old 07-30-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fryinpan1
Framed engravings from The Nine Gates to the Kingdom of Shadows (Ninth Gate movie):

I recently embarked on my own framed engravings. Actually I am currently working on the last few as we speak. I printed them off and now I am currently aging them using tea and then cooking them in the oven. I am individually framing mine though. I will post some pictures when I am done.

I think I am gonna hang them 3 by 3 and put them in order they were displayed at the end of the movie.
Old 07-31-08, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
I recently embarked on my own framed engravings. Actually I am currently working on the last few as we speak. I printed them off and now I am currently aging them using tea and then cooking them in the oven. I am individually framing mine though. I will post some pictures when I am done.

I think I am gonna hang them 3 by 3 and put them in order they were displayed at the end of the movie.
Sounds cool. Be sure and post some pics!
Old 07-31-08, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
Be Careful!
Old 07-31-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
Be Careful!

Mine are all fake, I wonder what that would do to me?
Old 08-03-08, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here are a couple shots of the finished product:

They were soaked in tea and baked in the oven to give the aged effect. I still need to finish lining them up better then clean the glass on the frames. I think they turned out pretty well. The frames aren't the best quality but they get the jjob done for now.

I put them in order as seen at the end of the movie.

Old 08-03-08, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is really, really cool.
Old 08-04-08, 04:49 PM

This is my pretty humble setup. I'm USAF stationed in England, and the TV and DVD player are both dual-voltage, multi-system, multi-region. Very convenient since there's some great deals to be had on DVD's over here and I'll be able to take everything back to the States just fine in a few years. As for the two satellite recievers, one is Sky which I use to recieve free channels like BBC, and the other is for the AFN (Armed Forces Network) channels... gotta love getting US tv shows and live Cubs games on the other side of the pond!

Old 08-22-08, 10:02 PM

Bought a new tv this last week (Pansonic 50pz80u). Had to get a new contraption to hold everything I have. Here is my 'new' setup with new shots of my dvd collection since it has grown since the last pics. I made sure this time to make the back look as clutter free as possible by hiding all wires as much as possible and tying them together. Don't mind the center speaker off to the side. Haven't decided where to put that yet. Obviously it won't go there. hehe.
BEFORE

AFTER

Old 08-22-08, 10:23 PM

I have updated my collection slowly winding down my DVDs as Blu-Rays are released and winding down the HD-DVDs. Concentrating solely on Blu-Ray titles-

Old 08-23-08, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I posted this in the movie forum, but I want to post it here too because I know a lot of people are serious about their home theater rooms.

I'm curious to know if there are places online where I can buy unique movie art that ISN'T a movie poster or movie still? I've tried looking online for some type of unique artwork that isn't movie posters. I've found certain images on LA Artwork which is different:

I've also seen some canvas artwork that looks nice from movies like The Dark Knight:

But all of these prints are on eBay. But are there other places to buy similar types of movie art online? Art that is movie themed, maybe printed on canvas, and is unique? I do enjoy framing movie posters, but I'm also trying to come up with other ways to keep the movie theme of the room going with different kinds of movie/entertainment art.
Old 08-23-08, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Blockbuster sells framed artwork that aren't printed on paper. Might wanna check that out.
Old 08-23-08, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've seen those. They're cool, though essentially seem to be the same poster art as typical movie posters.
Old 08-28-08, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Infrared Sight
Bought a new tv this last week (Pansonic 50pz80u). Had to get a new contraption to hold everything I have. Here is my 'new' setup with new shots of my dvd collection since it has grown since the last pics. I made sure this time to make the back look as clutter free as possible by hiding all wires as much as possible and tying them together. Don't mind the center speaker off to the side. Haven't decided where to put that yet. Obviously it won't go there. hehe.
Incredible setup, I am loving the old school PS box and the N64, great stuff man
Old 08-28-08, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Panasonic 58" Plasma

I left the wall 8" deep so you would not see the back of the TV or the cables while entering the room from the kitchen

DVD shelves and RR surround speaker

Pioneer Elite Receiver
SONY Blu Ray
Toshiba HD DVD
Definitive Technologies:
Mythos L R channel
Center
Surrounds
Homemade from maple entertainment center, shelves and upper shelf for DVD's and equipment
Room darkening shade
Old 09-03-08, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Things are a bit messy now so I'm not gonna show the whole room/furniture due to some fall cleaning/rearranging. That window at the back has a black curtain that goes over it but isn't in the pic.

CD Wall

Autographed CD collection

Our Jukebox

Signed Minority Report Poster

Other posters:

Wes Craven Signed Red Eye mini Poster

311 Signed Poster

DVD WALL

More detailed DVD pics

My HD/BD collection

and I'll end it off with my Jaws Xplorer

Last edited by mdc3000; 09-03-08 at 06:34 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.