DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Help me authenticate the Notorious Criterion DVD

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-08, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Help me authenticate the Notorious Criterion DVD

Hey guys,

This week I sold off my copy of Notorious DVD on eBay which I bought at Borders several years ago. The buyer has doubts as to whether the DVD is authentic. In order to assure the buyer of my discs' authenticity, can everyone who reads this and has the Criterion Notorious DVD post those little numbers that are on the ring of the disc to help convince the buyer that the disc I sold is in fact legit?

I've never been accused of being a con artist and am pretty disheartened with my current situation.

The more people that can help me out and confirm each others' numbers the better.

Thanks so much in advance!
Old 05-23-08, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine has:

NO212104 CC1578D 21

Also, the criterion spine number should be red.
Old 05-23-08, 01:50 PM

Though several OOP Criterions have been manufactured as bootlegs, there are no known Hitchcock bootlegs-- the real things are simply too plentiful to make a profit for bootleggers.. Notorious was selling for list price only a year ago. Tell him to cool his jets.
Old 05-23-08, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rabbit77
Hey guys,

This week I sold off my copy of Notorious DVD on eBay which I bought at Borders several years ago. The buyer has doubts as to whether the DVD is authentic. In order to assure the buyer of my discs' authenticity, can everyone who reads this and has the Criterion Notorious DVD post those little numbers that are on the ring of the disc to help convince the buyer that the disc I sold is in fact legit?
What a moron. He's asking you to "authenticate" a disc by providing the numbers of of the disc which you just sent him?!? That's like asking you to prove that a $20 bill you just handed him isn't fake by telling him the serial number on it. If the disk is a fake, how does telling him the numbers on the fake disc prove that it's not fake?
Old 05-23-08, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No, I actually don't know the numbers, and am asking you guys to post the numbers to match the buyer's disc. I gave the buyer a link to this thread, so a third disinterested party (you guys) can verify with their discs, and they can see for themselves.

So please refrain from any personal attacks.

Last edited by rabbit77; 05-23-08 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-23-08, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by rabbit77
No, I actually don't know the numbers, and am asking you guys to post the numbers to match the buyer's disc. I gave the buyer a link to this thread, so a third disinterested party (you guys) can verify, and they can see for themselves.

So please refrain from any personal attacks.
I'll do you one better. Send him a link to this thread, which painstakingly details every known Criterion bootleg. And then tell him to take a long walk off a short pier.
Old 05-23-08, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's all good, we've messaged back and forth and the buyer is satisfied with the disc. Thanks for the input.

BTW, domino - that's a great thread. *bookmarked* I had no idea Tokyo Olympiad went OOP. I love that disc.