Old 06-10-08, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edman180
Cover Art for One Night Stand 2008

Loving the cover art
Old 06-10-08, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by yellahoosh
Sadly, no. FYE's price is $19.99 on sale, and Wal-Mart's is $22.88. I'm going to snag it off deepdiscount for $15.90 with the 20% off. I think they're going to downplay this release after the Hall of Fame drama with the Rock.
Thanks for bringing up the 20% off deepdiscount special. I didn't know they were doing that right now, but after your post ended up snagging the Rock DVD (20) and the John Adams series (35) both for a total of $43.84. Talk about a steal!

Last edited by BretFan1; 06-10-08 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-10-08, 03:13 PM

There's also the SecondSpin.com "heynow" coupon sale (20% off + free shipping); some good prices on their used WWF/E DVDs

I picked up a few DVDs from that. On another forum, I also am trading my No Mercy 2001 for the Best of 2001 DVD and bought No Way Out 2002 for $8. I need only 8 non-PPV, non-diva/Tough Enough DVDs now: Raw Homecoming, WWF Hardcore, Unforgiven IYH, The Phenom, Austin vs. McMahon, Before They Were Superstars 2, The Videos Vol. 1 and the Best of Confidential. Quite a few of these I'm just being patient on, because they're not my highest wants.

Last edited by DerangedHermit; 06-10-08 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-10-08, 03:59 PM

few questions

-hmv has the royal rumble anthology for 100 bucks, are u serious, do you sell stuff on the net???, and is this avaible for every hmv store across canada, that sounds to good to be true, also how good is the rumble anthology, any major edits or negatives i have to know about?

-also i want to get all your opinions about buying old vhs's or dvds off of ebay or whatever, im not into collectors, i like just buying stuff to watch the wrestling, which is why i just buy mostly wwe's 2 disc or 3 disc sets such as the ladder match, tombstone, etc,i dont want to buy a video just for 1 or 2 matches
but seeing how stuff on ebay and such sell for cheap, old classic stuff from whatever era from wcw, wwe, wcw, etc do you think its worth it

take wrestlemania 17 for example, i really want this, it sells on ebay for pretty cheap, but i have rock-austin, tlc 2, hhh-taker already on wwe best of dvds, so is it really worth it, also wwe will probably release another match or two from that ppv, so as much as i want to have the entire ppv unblurred i dont know if stuff like that is worth it
Old 06-10-08, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
-hmv has the royal rumble anthology for 100 bucks, are u serious, do you sell stuff on the net???, and is this avaible for every hmv store across canada, that sounds to good to be true, also how good is the rumble anthology, any major edits or negatives i have to know about?

-also i want to get all your opinions about buying old vhs's or dvds off of ebay or whatever, im not into collectors, i like just buying stuff to watch the wrestling, which is why i just buy mostly wwe's 2 disc or 3 disc sets such as the ladder match, tombstone, etc,i dont want to buy a video just for 1 or 2 matches
but seeing how stuff on ebay and such sell for cheap, old classic stuff from whatever era from wcw, wwe, wcw, etc do you think its worth it

take wrestlemania 17 for example, i really want this, it sells on ebay for pretty cheap, but i have rock-austin, tlc 2, hhh-taker already on wwe best of dvds, so is it really worth it, also wwe will probably release another match or two from that ppv, so as much as i want to have the entire ppv unblurred i dont know if stuff like that is worth it
It seems like its all HMV stores having it on sale. I paid $200 the day it came out, and i was pretty shocked seeing it for $100 today when picking up the Rock DVD.

As for edits, they're exact like the ppv broadcasts (they even have the ads like for example RR 91 had ad for WM7 at the LA Coliseum and RR 90 having WM6 ads throughout the event) and also some matches that were cut from the Coliseum video release are included. They're some theme edits but shouldn't really bother, also couple of the intros are redone, Vince is replaced by Mean Gene.

All Rumble events are uncut and complete. Well worth the money, check out your nearest HMV and pick it up if you see it. The price was kind of tempting for me to pick up another set.

As for WM17 you should definitely get the DVD, you get the entire ppv unblurred as well as no music edits and overall one of the best WMs.

Last edited by sg2386; 06-10-08 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-10-08, 04:50 PM

ya i might be tempted to buy volume 3 of royal rumble anthology, from 98-2002 those were great attitude years, some matches from those years are still not avaiable on best of dvds such as the famous i quit match between rock-foley and the casket match with hbk-taker

how bad is the blurring, i might just buy the voume 3 on ebay if i can get it for cheap, maybe for 30 bucks if im lucky
Old 06-10-08, 04:50 PM

My advice on the rumble is check for it used online. I bought mine off the auction site that will not be named for under 50 bucks.
Old 06-10-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ya i might be tempted to buy volume 3 of royal rumble anthology, from 98-2002 those were great attitude years, some matches from those years are still not avaiable on best of dvds such as the famous i quit match between rock-foley and the casket match with hbk-taker

how bad is the blurring, i might just buy the voume 3 on ebay if i can get it for cheap, maybe for 30 bucks if im lucky
actually the HBK/Taker Casket match is one of the many extras on the re-release DX DVD with HBK/HHH/Chyna on the cover. It also has the underrated Owen Hart vs. Shawn Michaels WWE title match from Dec.1997
Old 06-10-08, 06:18 PM

After watching parts of the new Rock DVD, I must say it's worth picking up. Just wanted to report, the blurs are very annoying on this dvd.
Old 06-10-08, 06:47 PM

on that dx dvd, that has the casket match what is the exact name of it

also are the blurrs on the rocks dvd really that bad, i know the blurs suck, but i find most of the time if you just watch the match you really dont notice it much
Old 06-10-08, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

on that dx dvd, that has the casket match what is the exact name of it

also are the blurrs on the rocks dvd really that bad, i know the blurs suck, but i find most of the time if you just watch the match you really dont notice it much
Its just called D-Generation X.

As for blurs they aren't that bad, guess you just have to get use to them. But this time they not jitter around and shake like on the WM Anthologies. They're basically blended in, making it alteast watchable.
Old 06-10-08, 08:30 PM

I notice them and it takes away from it being watchable.
Old 06-10-08, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dave88
New Tag Classic!

WrestleMania XV

WWE Championship Match
The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Hell in a Cell Match
Big Boss Man vs. Undertaker

European Championship Match
Shane McMahon vs. X-Pac

Women’s Championship Match
Sable vs. Tori

Kane vs. Triple H

Fatal Four Way Elimination Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Road Dogg vs. Val Venis vs. Goldust vs. Ken Shamrock

Big Show vs. Mankind

Brawl For All Match
Butterbean vs. Bart Gunn

World Tag Team Championship Match
Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett vs. D-Lo Brown & Test

Triple Threat Match for the Hardcore Championship
Billy Gunn vs. Al Snow vs. Hardcore Holly

Special features:
# Video package: Sable vs. Tori
# Video package: Kane vs. Triple H
# Fan Comments
# Insight into the technical aspect of the WWE
# Highlights from the WrestleMania Rage Party
# Main event voiceover: The Rock
# Main event voiceover: Stone Cold Steve Austin

Hell Yeah

Living by the belief that whatever doesn’t kill him makes him stronger, Stone Cold Steve Austin continues his assault on authority and the WWE Championship. Austin’s answer to Corporate oppression? The middle finger! Defy authority and check out some of the Rattlesnake’s venom. This DVD features highlights of over 10 of Stone Cold’s biggest matches, including an exclusive look at the WrestleMania XV match against The Rock with candid comments from Stone Cold on what it felt like to be challenging for the WWE Championship in the biggest match of the year.

Special Features:
# The Birth of Austin 3:16
# Stone Cold throws the Intercontinental Championship in the river
# Mr. McMahon gets a visitor in the hospital
# Stone Cold comments on his relationship with Mr. McMahon
# The Zamboni Incident
# Stone Cold comments on his relationship with the fans
# The Beer Truck Incident
# Stone Cold raising hell inside & outside of the ring
# Comments from some of the WWE Superstars
Oh man, this is awesome. I already have both of these on DVD, but this gives reason to believe that they aren't just going to release old WWF PPV's, but homevideos too.
Old 06-10-08, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
I haven't seen ROH but i am tempted to pick up the 2 retail releases by KOCH; Bloodstained in Honor and Stars of Honor, they seem like good deals but not sure if i would enjoy them.

I saw them for $10 each at Walmart the other day and was wondering if i should pick them up.

thanks
Do it!

Since I discovered ROH, I've actually cancelled most of my TV channels. I don't even watch WWE at all anymore. I have Spike TV so I can watch TNA Impact, but the rest of my TV time is spent watching ROH shows on DVD. Once you get over the low budget production values, the in-ring product is second to none.

It also helps that I'm a huge mark for Daniels, Styles, Danielson, Briscoes, Aries, Shelley, Homicide, etc...

I just got 7 DVDs in the mail from ROH today. I picked up a bunch of the "Best of" DVDs that were in the 5.00 sale.

I'm a huge wrestling fan, and not as much of a "Sports Entertainment" fan, so ROH has been amazing to boost my love of the sport back up to where it was in the original ECW days...
Old 06-10-08, 10:01 PM
Suspended

For WWE exclusive dvd collector's (since no new exclusives release today)

Here's my newest WWE Exclusive DVD Pick-up (actually received it free 2 weeks ago) & since it's a dimepiece and not being sold on any retail stores like walmart, fye, bestbuy, CC & etc...

WWE 2007 Tribute to the Troops Emmy Exclusive DVD
(for your Primetime Emmy Consideration only)

as always more info on this dvd can be found here
Old 06-10-08, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by yellahoosh
Sadly, no. FYE's price is $19.99 on sale, and Wal-Mart's is $22.88. I'm going to snag it off deepdiscount for $15.90 with the 20% off. I think they're going to downplay this release after the Hall of Fame drama with the Rock.

Coconuts/FYE has a free full size ROCK poster with purchase. I also finally found a used copy of the out of print nWo DVD while picking up my preorder.
For those who watch wrestling that isn't "sports entertainment" check out Highspots for a big $4.99 sale. Bret Hart shoot, CZW and tons of others.
Old 06-10-08, 11:00 PM

Quick qusetion for all. Is The Rock: Just Bring It worth owning? I see HighSpots has it and I want to know if it is a must have.
Old 06-10-08, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
Quick qusetion for all. Is The Rock: Just Bring It worth owning? I see HighSpots has it and I want to know if it is a must have.
If you get it, get the 2-disc version. It's good but I think there's some overlap between that and the new Rock DVD in the promo department and a few matches.
Old 06-11-08, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I was watching a ebay auction a while ago...after 25.00 I stopped paying attention

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRISH-STRATUS-10...QQcmdZViewItem

Any places out there I may get lucky and find one of these? I never picked up the Trish 2 disc & I'm regretting it
Old 06-11-08, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Deadpool
So I was watching a ebay auction a while ago...after 25.00 I stopped paying attention

Any places out there I may get lucky and find one of these? I never picked up the Trish 2 disc & I'm regretting it
wow....i had no idea there was a 2 disk trish set out there.
Old 06-11-08, 12:17 AM
Suspended

good luck finding one dude, i bought mine used 1 1/2 yr ago at the bay for $20 along w/ the guerrero dvd, it didn't come w/ the special edition bobblehead also take note the Trish DVD is 1 disc only the collector's edition has a bonus material only (e.g. wrestlemania 23 blockbuster dvd)
Old 06-11-08, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by throwback
For WWE exclusive dvd collector's (since no new exclusives release today)

Here's my newest WWE Exclusive DVD Pick-up (actually received it free 2 weeks ago) & since it's a dimepiece and not being sold on any retail stores like walmart, fye, bestbuy, CC & etc...

WWE 2007 Tribute to the Troops Emmy Exclusive DVD
(for your Primetime Emmy Consideration only)

as always more info on this dvd can be found here

Well done. I have always admired your collection but this really stood out to me. Way to go Throwback. You really are like our king here.
Old 06-11-08, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by realsandman420
wow....i had no idea there was a 2 disk trish set out there.

If you read the feedback the person selling it tried to pull a fast one.

BoughtCEMay30,Tiara is selling AGAIN "Collector'sEdition" Paid but Mine was NOT! Negative feedback was left and the person tried to resell it and if you read what happend there........

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=220242055779

You will notice it didn't sell.

So have no fear it DID NOT GO for that much money.

And yes it is only a 1 Disc DVD not 2 Disc as Throwback has stated.
Old 06-11-08, 11:34 AM

ya i see royal rumble anthology as a buy it now price for around 35 bucks, thats not bad, but for me its not just a money issue but a time issue, i dont have much time to watch all these hours of wrestling, which is why i stick to mostly best of dvd such as the new rock dvd i just ordered

i dont think ill get wrestlemania x-7, i already have a few of the best matches already on the best of dvds, and for me i dont care about having the whole ppv just for a few better edits, and i dont collect dvd just for collectors, i just like to watch my old favorite matches and thats it
Old 06-11-08, 11:39 AM

oh by the way i know this is wishful thinking, but my cousin just gave me a few old wwf vhs tapes, not taped of tv, normal ppv wwf released tapes for free, so if anyone has any old tapes and wants to get rid of them, instead of throwing them out ill take them off your hands

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.