Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

American Dad Volume 3 question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-08, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
American Dad Volume 3 question?

Okay so I picked up American Dad this week, and had a quick question. I know that some episodes have uncensored language tracks just like the Family Guy dvds. But there are also unrated episodes on the set as well. Does anyone know whats different about the unrated episodes, are they just longer from what they aired? I haven't gone through the whole set, but am kind of confused by it.
Old 04-17-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Okay so I picked up American Dad this week, and had a quick question. I know that some episodes have uncensored language tracks just like the Family Guy dvds. But there are also unrated episodes on the set as well. Does anyone know whats different about the unrated episodes, are they just longer from what they aired? I haven't gone through the whole set, but am kind of confused by it.
tvshowsondvd.com's review says
There are also 3 unrated episodes; American Dream Factory (21:57), When a Stan Loves a Woman (22:35) and The 42-Year-Old-Virgin (21:52). With the exception of "American Dream Factory," the episodes are a few seconds longer.
and
One thing to note - there are a number of F-bombs in the uncensored audio tracks (available on some episodes).
Old 04-18-08, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
Its missing the episode "The Most Adequate Christmas Ever", as well saying in that review, because the producers wanted to hold it for the next set. Kind of unfair, but I haven't seen it yet.