DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Family Ties: Season 4 ---> August 5th

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-08, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Family Ties: Season 4 ---> August 5th

From TVShowsOnDVD.com:

In the two-part opening episode of Family Ties - The Complete 4th Season, character Alex P. Keaton will fall for "Ellen Reed", and actor Michael J. Fox ("Alex") will meet his future real-life wife, Tracy Pollan ("Ellen")...a true TV love story! Guest stars also included Noah Hathaway, Danny Nucci, Pamela Springsteen (Bruce's sister), River Phoenix, Martha Plimpton, Robert Costanzo, Corey Feldman, Ronny Cox, Jerry Hardin, and Peter Scolari. And this was the last season we saw new son Andrew Keaton as a baby (by the start of the fifth season he would be magically advanced to pre-school age, with Brian Bonsall taking over the role at that time).

This morning Paramount Home Entertainment announced that Family Ties - The Complete 4th Season will arrive on DVD this August 5th. Video will be in full frame, and audio will be in English - mono, as originally aired. Running time is listed as 11 hours and 13 minutes. No pricing or package art is available yet, so stay tuned for that.

There were 23 official 4th Season episodes ("24" if you count the double-length episode "A Word to the Wise" as "two episodes"). Also, just before the season premiere that year, there was a special feature-length "Family Ties Vacation" telefilm. In it, Alex goes to study at Oxford, and the rest of the Keatons join him in England, but all get caught up in a spy caper. The studio info this morning doesn't say whether we can expect this feature to be included in the 4th Season set. We'll try and find out for you!
Can't wait! I'm glad they're releasing these so quickly.

Rob
Old 04-14-08, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
yay! I've only just started Season Two though so I can be patient
Old 04-14-08, 02:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's hope the England movie is included.
Old 04-14-08, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
I'm glad they're continuing to keep these coming, although the Family Ties seasons I own (the first 2) remain on my "To Be Watched" pile...
Old 04-14-08, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by skywalker8
Let's hope the England movie is included.
I hope it's included too, even though it really was horrible. Season 2's bonus features were good.

I love this show, and hopefully they'll get all 7 seasons out by the end of next year.
Old 04-14-08, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I hope the movie is included as well, but I remember seeing some of this a while back and not enjoying it, but I'd like to give it another try.
Old 04-15-08, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Tracy Pollan and Billy Vera will be mine!
Old 04-16-08, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

According to TVShowsOnDVD.com, the England movie will be included along with another blooper reel.

Rob
Old 04-16-08, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RobCA
According to TVShowsOnDVD.com, the England movie will be included along with another blooper reel.

Rob
Cool, I remember NBC had certain sitcoms do a TV-movie for the summers. The Facts of Life did two, FoL Goes to Paris and Goes to Australia. I think there was another sitcom that had this done but can't remember the name.

I got the first 3 seasons, and Family Ties still holds up after all these years. I will be getting season 4 when it comes out!
Old 04-16-08, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tronmaster
I got the first 3 seasons, and Family Ties still holds up after all these years. I will be getting season 4 when it comes out!
My thoughts exactly. It's the only 80's show that I still watch. I've tried watching Cosby Show, Full House, Step by Step, Family Matters, etc. and they aren't anywhere near as good as I remembered them. Thankfully, Family Ties is the exception.

I've already watched Season 1 and 2 and disc 1 of Season 3 and will make sure to finish it before August.
Old 04-16-08, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm very happy the movie will be included.

Didn't they do another movie later on too?
Old 04-17-08, 10:22 AM

I remember as a kid thinking that the fourth season was the best in the show's run. I really liked Tracy Pollan as Alex's love interest and was disappointed when she left after one season - one of the few cases where real-life chemistry truly shows on the screen.

I'll definitely buy this. I hope there won't be any rights issues with the Billy Vera song.
Old 04-17-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sha la la la laaaa.
Old 08-06-08, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ms. M
I'll definitely buy this. I hope there won't be any rights issues with the Billy Vera song.
I gotta say I'm shocked.... the Billy Vera song is there.