Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" question

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 04-06-08, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can I tell if the version I have of the 35th anniversary edition is the corrected version and not the original cut release with inferior transfer? What scenes are missing from the first release? Thanks!
Old 04-06-08, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know how you tell the differences, but this info was posted on the Rue Morgue message board, courtesy of horrordvds.com...

VCI has just discovered a huge error was made in the new special edition DVD of this cult classic, which had just begun hitting the street. Apparently a last second internal miscommunication sent the wrong DVD master to the replicator. The master that made it thru was unfortunately cut by several minutes and had unfinished video corrections. Thankfully VCI’s loyal customers, and fans of the film were kind enough to notify us of this mishap and Blair decided on an immediate recall to fix the matter. Mr. Blair made the following statement: “We pride ourselves in our DVD productions and this is embarrassing! When a mistake like this happens we fix it immediately. For over 30 years VCI has stood by our mission statement to bring our consumers the best in quality from our line of classic and cult films.”

VCI will begin an immediate recall of the problem DVD’s and will replace them as soon as the corrected DVD master can be replicated. All direct wholesale and retail customers should contact a VCI Customer Service Rep by calling 800-331-4077, emailing to [email protected], or faxing to 918-254-6117 to make arrangements. VCI will be posting instructions on their website within a few days which will instruct consumers how to get a free replacement disc.

Thank you,
Christopher Rowe

PR Director for VCI Entertainment
Hope this helps!