DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Cult Fiction

Old 03-15-08, 07:12 PM

Cult Fiction

Does anyone know if Anchor Bay's repackaging of key cult films under the banner of The Cult Fiction collection is limited to the recent batch of 11 dvds, or will there be more in the future?

I picked up a few...The Long Good Friday, Fitzcarraldo, The Man Who Fell To Earth, Kidnapped.

They have been all pleasent discoveries....and dirt cheap too! 2 for 20 bucks at HMV.

I know it's just a repackaging with new slip covers...but I like the idea. I always wished there was some kind of cult equivalent of the Criterion collection, which has it's share of genre cinema.
Old 03-15-08, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by IanUngstad
I know it's just a repackaging with new slip covers...but I like the idea. I always wished there was some kind of cult equivalent of the Criterion collection, which has it's share of genre cinema.
ever heard of blue underground?
Old 03-15-08, 07:29 PM

What type of cult films do they tend to release? I included the titles listed in my original post because they are more of the art house variety, which is why I've enjoyed the titles I've picked up.

I know that they also released C.H.U.D and Heathers....I'm not really into those kind of cult films.
Old 03-17-08, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by IanUngstad
What type of cult films do they tend to release? I included the titles listed in my original post because they are more of the art house variety, which is why I've enjoyed the titles I've picked up.

I know that they also released C.H.U.D and Heathers....I'm not really into those kind of cult films.

By "those kind of cult films" do you mean amazing, entertaining movies?