Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - V5

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - V5

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-08, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone here is wanting it, but Wherehouse.com has one used copy of ECW Extreme Rules for $5.57 before shipping. Not a bad price for a 2 disc set.
Here's a link to it:
ECW Extreme Rules
Old 04-17-08, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

wasn't TNA: Best of Tag Teams a TNA shop exclusive? and what about Global Impact! and speaking of GI, is it a navarre DVD? Also will it be available in stores in like 3-4 months?
Old 04-17-08, 08:30 PM

Just added Best of Raw Vol 1 and 2 to my collection. Not bad for $17.50 from the BAY shipped.
Old 04-17-08, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Just added Best of Raw Vol 1 and 2 to my collection. Not bad for $17.50 from the BAY shipped.
I picked it up for $11 a month ago from a person on the Something Awful forums and it's an excellent complement to the Best of Raw 15th Anniversary set. Probably one of the best early WWF DVD releases.
Old 04-17-08, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
I picked it up for $11 a month ago from a person on the Something Awful forums and it's an excellent complement to the Best of Raw 15th Anniversary set. Probably one of the best early WWF DVD releases.
I agree. Best of RAW Vol. 1 & 2 was on my most wanted list for five years.
Old 04-17-08, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
I agree. Best of RAW Vol. 1 & 2 was on my most wanted list for five years.
Same with me. Back when the WWF DVDs were being liquidated to the bargain bins in supermarkets and drugstores, I was waiting for that particular DVD to show up. Never did (but Back in Black, Hulk Still Rules and Action did).
Old 04-17-08, 10:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
great haul dude, FYI there's an exclusive version of WWF Best of Raw Vol. 1 & 2 released years ago. it has an extra WWF trading card & phone card included will do post the pics of it later on...
Old 04-18-08, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by JJE-187
wasn't TNA: Best of Tag Teams a TNA shop exclusive? and what about Global Impact! and speaking of GI, is it a navarre DVD? Also will it be available in stores in like 3-4 months?
Yeah Global Impact is a Navarre Dvd. As far as whether or not it will be available in stores, I believe espin emailed tnashop a few weeks ago and asked about that. They said that at this time they had no plans to release it anywhere but the website. Of course that's what they said a couple weeks ago who knows what they'll decide down the road.
Old 04-18-08, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by sg2386
Actually the PPVs were distributed by Navarre, the ones available by TNA only were:

Best of X-Division (original)
Best of Bloodiest Brawls (original)
Best of NWA-TNA Title matches
Best of AMW
Best of 3-Live Kru
Ultimate X Collection

I think they also had a TNA version of Best of Amazing Red but that was released in very very limited numbers.

I've actually seen the pay-per-view dvds that were originally through tna, then after they got the deal with navarre, they re-released them.
Old 04-18-08, 02:15 AM

Does anyone have the Before They Were Stars: Samoa Joe & Rey Misterio Jr.? I am curious as to what the quality, match wise is for these. Also are the WEW 4-Event sets worth owning? I hardly hear any peep of those hear
Old 04-18-08, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is the match listing for the Rey Jr. disc:

BEFORE THEY WERE STARS: REY MYSTERIO JR.
Rey/Torrero vs. Jerry Estrada/Negro Aztecas
Rey vs. Juventued Guerrera
Rey/Octagon vs. KGB/Pentagon
Rey-Super Calo-Leon Negro vs. Juventued-Psicosis-Halloween
Rey vs. Juventued
Rey-Super Calo-Leon Negro vs. Los Hombres
BONUS MATCHES:
Halloween/Damien 666 vs. Leon Negro/Ninja Shiraku
Psicosis-Juventued-Halloween vs. Los Chocales
Konnan-Octagon-La Parka vs. Cibernetico-Jerry Estrada-Perro Russo
"Mask vs. Mask"
Ultraman 2000 vs. Psicosis

The WEW 4-event discs are all edited to cut out the nudity & sex. I have most of the actual PPVs and the only real draw to them is the nudity & sex because the wrestling is pretty bad.

Bob
Old 04-18-08, 11:49 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by JAROTO
I have Victory Road 04 distributed by TNA. its very rare! if anyone is interested i would be glad to sell it.

Any interest in getting/getting rid of DVD's should be taken to the appropriate forum... DVD Exchange
Old 04-18-08, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
Actually the PPVs were distributed by Navarre, the ones available by TNA only were:

Best of X-Division (original)
Best of Bloodiest Brawls (original)
Best of NWA-TNA Title matches
Best of AMW
Best of 3-Live Kru
Ultimate X Collection

I think they also had a TNA version of Best of Amazing Red but that was released in very very limited numbers.

Nevermore : The Best of Raven was one of those original releases, the Navarre cover art was alterted slightly and I think the back cover was totally different.
RETAIL:

Original:
Old 04-18-08, 10:19 PM

THe back and spine of Raven are both Different, the spine is revered from the TNA version, it reads The Best of Raven: Nevermore
Old 04-18-08, 10:42 PM

Just want to clear up some incorrect info on the early TNA DVDs.

-The first 6 PPV's were produced by TNA on DVD & sold on the TNA website, then Navarre re-released them with barcodes to be sold on a national basis.
-TNA Never produced a "Best of Amazing Red" DVD. There is a bootleg floating around called "Best of Amazing Red in TNA".
-Over a dozen dvd's were produced and sold on the TNA website prior to the the Navarre deal. Below is the full list:

-Best of Bloodiest Brawls*
-Best of NWA-TNA Title Matches*
-Best of X Division Matches*
-Best of America's Most Wanted (AMW)*
-Best of 3 Live Kru (3LK)*
-Ultimate X Collection*

-Best of AJ Styles
-Best of Jeff Hardy
-Best of Raven
-Best of the X Division Volume 1 (new)**

-Victory Road 04
-Turning Point 04
-Final Resolution 05
-Against All Odds 05
-Destination X 05
-Lockdown 05

Notes:
-* Indicates DVD's that weren't re-released and sold on a national basis by Navarre.
-** is to note that this 2nd "Best of the X Division" DVD was produced specifically for retail release.
-Upon initial release approx 5 years ago, "The "Originals", as they've come to be known, were 2-Disc sets. The 2007 releases have the same content, but are now 1-Disc.

Last edited by Aces_High; 04-18-08 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-19-08, 01:15 PM
Cool New Member

Well, after finally getting paid for my substitute teaching jobs, I made several dvd purchases this week...

*Royal Rumble 2004, No Way Out 2004 and Summerslam 2002 from Amazon for $30 with Free Shipping.

*Undertaker 15-0 used from eBay for $7 total

*Summerslam 2001 new from eBay for $22 total

*Greatest Superstars of WM for $17 total from eBay.

*Rebellion 2001 new from eBay for $9 total

And the big one was ordering the 2006 dvd set from Shopzone along with the Hardyz workshirt and jersey. However, I just received an email from Shopzone regarding my order that I placed last Friday and it said my order has been delayed because the dvd set is on back-order and my order will ship in 30 days.

I don't mind that but I think its shady that the dvd is on back-order but it doesn't say that on the website when you look at the item. The least they could do is attach that to the product so you know when you order.
Old 04-19-08, 01:19 PM

Arrgh! I found a copy of ROH: Better Than Our Best on ebay and it was BIN 8.00, but the auction did not mention shipping to Canada. I sent a message to see if he would ship to Canada and he never got back to me and it sold.

That DVD is sold out on ROH's website and it's one of two that I need to finish the Milestone Series. Also, as the worlds's biggest Lance Storm fan, it's crazy that I don't have his match with American Dragon on DVD...
Old 04-19-08, 01:32 PM

Sweet! Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi is on Fight Network right now! Nothing like watching a 5 star match for free!
Old 04-19-08, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like WWE is releasing the WM24 Tin like last year.

Looks pretty sweet!
Old 04-20-08, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Just want to clear up some incorrect info on the early TNA DVDs.

-The first 6 PPV's were produced by TNA on DVD & sold on the TNA website, then Navarre re-released them with barcodes to be sold on a national basis.
-TNA Never produced a "Best of Amazing Red" DVD. There is a bootleg floating around called "Best of Amazing Red in TNA".
-Over a dozen dvd's were produced and sold on the TNA website prior to the the Navarre deal. Below is the full list:

-Best of Bloodiest Brawls*
-Best of NWA-TNA Title Matches*
-Best of X Division Matches*
-Best of America's Most Wanted (AMW)*
-Best of 3 Live Kru (3LK)*
-Ultimate X Collection*

-Best of AJ Styles
-Best of Jeff Hardy
-Best of Raven
-Best of the X Division Volume 1 (new)**

-Victory Road 04
-Turning Point 04
-Final Resolution 05
-Against All Odds 05
-Destination X 05
-Lockdown 05

Notes:
-* Indicates DVD's that weren't re-released and sold on a national basis by Navarre.
-** is to note that this 2nd "Best of the X Division" DVD was produced specifically for retail release.
-Upon initial release approx 5 years ago, "The "Originals", as they've come to be known, were 2-Disc sets. The 2007 releases have the same content, but are now 1-Disc.

Thanks for this list, I've been trying to find out which releases were originals before the deal with Navarre.
Old 04-20-08, 03:20 PM

Hitman Tommy: If you see this, check your email. I found Backlash 2003 for you and I put it on hold...
Old 04-20-08, 05:16 PM

Anyone have an idea as to why WKMedia hasn't released the remainder of Japanese Hardcore Wrestling PPV on DVD yet? I have both box sets but would like the missing volumes
Old 04-21-08, 09:19 AM

For those who care... ROH has another HUGE sale going thru Weds. 33% off everything in their store! I've spent a ton of money with them the last few weeks, as their talent is above and beyond anything else in wrestling today. Check out their website www.rohwrestling.com for more details.
Old 04-21-08, 02:55 PM
Cool New Member

I hope someone could shed some light on this for me. Why did WWE overdub Booker T, RVD and Chris Benoit's themes on several of their 2003 ppv dvd's? I mean, Booker's is overdubbed on the Backlash, Judgment Day, Bad Blood and Armageddon dvd's, yet it is untouched on the Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble dvd's.

Same with RVD. His "One of a Kind" theme is on the Rumble dvd and No Way Out 2003 but then his theme his over-dubbed with his "Alliance" theme on the Backlash and Bad Blood dvd's.

Did something happen with the license or something to cause that?
Old 04-21-08, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CSUMB84
I hope someone could shed some light on this for me. Why did WWE overdub Booker T, RVD and Chris Benoit's themes on several of their 2003 ppv dvd's? I mean, Booker's is overdubbed on the Backlash, Judgment Day, Bad Blood and Armageddon dvd's, yet it is untouched on the Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble dvd's.

Same with RVD. His "One of a Kind" theme is on the Rumble dvd and No Way Out 2003 but then his theme his over-dubbed with his "Alliance" theme on the Backlash and Bad Blood dvd's.

Did something happen with the license or something to cause that?
I am pretty sure WWE didn't want to pay what the artists were asking for the non-big 4 ppvs, and they would rather shell out more money on the bigger PPVs. Just thinking, if WWE got all the themes licensed for the WM and RR Anthologies the box sets would cost like $500 just so they could cover those costs.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.