Reload this Page >

The Omen Triple Pack Question

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 03-05-08, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw this at WalMart and was wondering if it contained the 2 disc Collectors Edition or not?

The picture on the back of the package is from the CE and even says Collectors Edition under the title. But the case is in a basic standard keepcase and the first two sequels are included. And I'm wondering how the discs are packaged if it contains the 2 disc edition of the first film?

It's only $13 and change as well. So it is tempting to purchase,but I'd like to know for sure. Target has a triple pack of the original dvds of the films in thin packs for $20. But I've been aiming to get the CE of the first film, which usually runs from $15-$20 in stores.

Though I am suspecting it may be to good to be true and just a packaging error,and either contains disc 1 of CE or the old single disc release. But the artwork and title are all from the CE. It even lists 5.1 and mono...which was only available on the CE(first dvd was stereo and mono).
Old 03-05-08, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts
This doesn't specifically answer your question, but since you mentioned your interest in the first film, I just picked up The Omen 2-disc CE at a Big Lots store for $4.
Old 03-05-08, 11:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the boxset with all the movies including the 2 disc of the first one for like 20-25 bucks late last year. That was a good deal.
Old 03-06-08, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Don't really know about the 3-disc set, however, I'd personally get the 6-disc edition at Amazon. It's 50% off right now at $19.99, I might get this myself.

As far as the "complete collection", Discs 2 and 3 are Omen: Collector's Edition. Disc 1 is the 2006 version. Discs 4 is Omen II, Disc 5 is Omen III, and Disc 6 is Omen IV.
Old 03-06-08, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 169 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Don't really know about the 3-disc set, however, I'd personally get the 6-disc edition at Amazon. It's 50% off right now at $19.99, I might get this myself.

As far as the "complete collection", Discs 2 and 3 are Omen: Collector's Edition. Disc 1 is the 2006 version. Discs 4 is Omen II, Disc 5 is Omen III, and Disc 6 is Omen IV.
Watch Omen IV at your own risk. You have been warned.
Old 03-06-08, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
I've only seen Omen IV when I was drunk in college.
Old 03-06-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One thing that worries me about buying this without knowing for sure. Is that Target had an Omen and Amityville Horror triple pack in thin packs for $20. And now WM has it's own Amityville triple pack(same as Target,contains original,remake and prequel to original film). Only the WM version is in a standard keepcase with horribly ugly artwork.

So there is a 50/50 chance it could contain the first Fox release or CE release.
Old 03-06-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 169 Likes on 119 Posts
I would go with the six disc collection as DVD Polizei mentions -- especially for $19.99.
Title: The Omen: The Complete Collection
Starring: Gregory Peck
Released: 17th October 2006
SRP: $49.98

Further Details:
Fox Home Entertainment has announced the release of The Omen: The Complete Collection, which will be available on the 17th of October at a retail price of right around $49.98. The six-disc set will contain all five Omen films, which includes The Omen, Omen II: Damien, Omen III: The Final Conflict, Omen IV: The Awakening, and the 2006 remake of the first film. The original film will be represented in the collection by the recently released two-disc collector's edition, while the disc containing the remake will be identical to the disc that will also be available separately on the 17th. The discs for the other three films in the series look to be identical to those that were released a few years ago, with Damien and The Final Conflict each containing a commentary track and trailers.
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ction-the.html
Old 03-07-08, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wishbon3
I would go with the six disc collection as DVD Polizei mentions -- especially for $19.99.http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ction-the.html
I also would recommend this collection.
Old 03-07-08, 02:31 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
I also would recommend this collection.
Fourthed.
Old 03-08-08, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pentology collection is a steal. I just picked it up for £7.99 ($16). One of the best deals I have come across.