Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Rate My Collection

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-08, 11:21 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got to agree with everyone on here you do have alot of tv shows and not a whole lot of movies mostly disney. not that theres nothing wrong with that but i would own some of the ones you got just some not all of them. Out of all the dvds you have i only own 2 back to the future trilogy which is on its way in the maila and the flash the complete first season. By the way you have back to the future trilogy and its in full screen omg the horror. Just for that you get a D- dont get me wrong im not trying to diss on your collection but you do need to get some other movies like ganster films, action, drama, sci fi, and horror. I know my collection aint the best either but fell free to check mines out. take care
Old 03-02-08, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's a great collection, cuz no one else has the exact same collection as you. The majority of DVD collectors have the exact same DVDs as everyone else. I don't like the majority of your DVDs and there's nothing I would want to see in your collection, but you do have an excellent DVD collection based on selectivity alone - majority tv and few movies. Usually the people who have every single TV show on DVD such as yourself, they also have every single crappy movie that one would typically see on the shelves of Blockbuster video.

If we are going to "rate" DVD collections, a good collection has nothing to do with the amount of quality movies/shows. A good collection has to do with uniqueness.

So A+ for your unique collection, but F-- for the actual quality of your entertainment. As impressed as I am with your collection, I still think your collection is a bit creepy.

If I knew of a DVD collector with a widescreen HDTV and only had Fullscreen DVDs, that would be an awesome collection too...

Last edited by toddly6666; 03-02-08 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-02-08, 11:38 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
I've got my share of DVDs of Questionable Merit, see my list, but I didn't start a thread to ask for everyone's opinion of them. He asked, people are simply giving their own honest views, just like the subject line requests.
i do agree with canary farmer. He did ask everyone's opinion. we are just giving him our honest views. by the way canary farmer nice collection you got there.
Old 03-03-08, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts
Glad to see that lots of people are knocking this thread - I too am getting tired of threads which ask people to "rate my collection". Are you truly so insecure that you need somebody to validate whether they "like" your collection? And, do you cry when they say that "it's a terrible collection". Why should anybody care what others think of their collection - as long as the owner of the collection is satisfied or happy with their own collection that's all that counts.

I know, now somebody will click on my signature link to my collection and tell me they think I have a crappy collection - and you know what? I don't care what anybody else thinks of it because I am happy (mostly) with it.
Old 03-03-08, 01:36 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by danwiz
Glad to see that lots of people are knocking this thread - I too am getting tired of threads which ask people to "rate my collection". Are you truly so insecure that you need somebody to validate whether they "like" your collection? And, do you cry when they say that "it's a terrible collection". Why should anybody care what others think of their collection - as long as the owner of the collection is satisfied or happy with their own collection that's all that counts.

I know, now somebody will click on my signature link to my collection and tell me they think I have a crappy collection - and you know what? I don't care what anybody else thinks of it because I am happy (mostly) with it.
nope you do not have a crappy collection i like your collection. by the way i think its cool that alot of people that post messages on dvdtalk.com have their collection posted on their signature link. i like clickin on every signatre link to check out their collection. I think its cool and fun every one here have great collections.
Old 03-03-08, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
You know, if everyone had the same collections with those goddamn Criterion DVDs, I'd shoot myself silly. In some ways, I thank Jesus for the A-Team, the WWE, and Futurama.

While this is not particularly the collection I would favor, it does show an interest in having some kind of collection, which I am sure will grow as time goes on.

This is DVD Talk. Where else are you gonna post a fucking question and a link about how your DVD collection is perceived? I personally can't think of any other website more appropriate.

We might even think about DVD Talk adding a feature to your username info which would display how many people voted on the link to your collection, and the average rating of it. Over time, this rating would either rise or fall, but I would imagine it would rise due to the increase and expanded DVDs purchased. But anyway, for those interested in having their collection public and voted on, I think an informative way would be to include some kind of number rating or 1-5 star rating of the DVD collection of the user. If they don't want their collection to be voted on, then they simply would not add a link to it in a specially designated input field in their profile...
Old 03-03-08, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A DVD forum is a place for acknowledgement in all aspects, from rating DVDs, shelving, tvs, etc...It's not about being secure or insecure, it's about obsessive people getting together and sharing their obsessions together...
Old 03-03-08, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
I think this is a fake collection and is just a joke thread.
I was about to call shenanigans too until I came to the apparently mistaken conclusion that houshour1996's username referred to his birth year. It seems far too dead-on atrocious to be real, but who knows. Anything is possible, I suppose.
Old 03-03-08, 10:58 AM

I think it's great, although I agree with many of the other replies that you shouldn't worry about what we think, as long as you like it.

I wish I had that Disney collection...my daughter would love it when she gets a little older.

Also, never be ashamed of liking wrestling. If someone doesn't like it or wants to poke fun of it, let them. Sure, it is scripted, but you would be hard pressed to find better pure atheletes than some of those guys. If you are down on WWE now (and it's hard not to be!), check out TNA. They have a few bad storylines right now, but have more sheer talent on their roster than WWE can dream of. I've also heard great things about Ring of Honor, but have not checked them out yet.

And holy TV collection! Some great stuff in there...Dinosaur...Tale Spin...LOL...those bring back some memories.
Old 03-03-08, 09:11 PM

Thanks for thr responces. I love reading everyones take on my collection good or bad.
Old 03-05-08, 09:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^ Bump!!!! ^^

Let's keep this one going!!!! Awesome list. Check it out!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sister Act 2 would be too good for this collection.