Reload this Page >

Double/triple feature DVDs

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-23-08, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since several of the big name studios started doing this, I picked up a couple of these at WalMart and there's certainly a different method to how each studio makes these double feature titles.

I only have one Paramount double title, the "48Hrs" movies. Those are one one single sided disc, upgraded to anamorphic from their original non-anamorphic single releases. No extras of any kind.

I have one Sony release, both "Bad Boys" movies. This is interesting in that it's a two disc set: The original "Bad Boys Special Edition", and the first disc of the "Bad Boys 2 Special Edition". Funny thing is the discs are probably right out of their original release packages, as the sequel has disc "1" labeled on it.

Warner Bros did something interesting:

For the "Fugitive / U.S. Marshals" double feature, they took the special edition of "Fugitive and paired it with the original (or only) release of "Marshals" and put them on a double-sided disc, so all the extras were kept.

They did the same thing recently with another title I picked up tonight, all 4 "Lethal Weapon" films. They are on two double-sided discs, and all of them are as previously released - Director's cuts of the first three, and the fourth film in its original version. There was a 3-pack of the first three only, but now this one puts them all together.

The package fails to mention that because these are the same as before (according to reviews I've been skimming through about the individual releases so I could compare/contrast) the first three films in this 4-pack keep the DTS tracks as well.

I hate double-sided discs, but these aren't bad - getting all 4 Lethal Weapons for $12.
Old 02-24-08, 01:53 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
yeah double/triple feature dvd's are the best
Old 02-24-08, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
The only bad thing about the Lethal Weapon four pack is that the standalone Lethal Weapon 4 disc was double sided and the opposite side had a load of bonus features including deleted footage from all the films.
Old 02-24-08, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
The only bad thing about the Lethal Weapon four pack is that the standalone Lethal Weapon 4 disc was double sided and the opposite side had a load of bonus features including deleted footage from all the films.

So the fourth film got shafted, basically.

Were the deleted scenes different than what was included in the first three "Director's Cuts"?
Old 02-24-08, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts
The first US Marshals disc was also 2-sided, and the double-feature disc only includes what was on the first side of that.
Old 02-24-08, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick Martin
So the fourth film got shafted, basically.

Were the deleted scenes different than what was included in the first three "Director's Cuts"?
Yeah, I seem to recall there were some alternate endings for the first two films, possibly even the one where Riggs dies at the end of 2.
Old 02-25-08, 01:07 PM

What sucks are a bunch of these are FOOLscreen! Like Scooby Doo/Scooby Doo 2. There is even ones where one title is Widscreen and the other movie is Foolscreen.