Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Strauss Family (1972) TV mini-series - 02/19/08?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-08, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Strauss Family was a 1972 English production about the famous musical family which first aired as a mini-series on the ABC network in the US in May-June 1973. A Region 2 DVD (PAL) was released last July. Now I stumbled on these listings for an A&E DVD to be released next week (02/19/08):

The Video Collection - The Strauss Family

DVD - A&E Home Video Titles - The Strauss Family

However, those are the only listings I can find for this item. I've seen no other announcements or information or reviews about this release. I searched using the title, the UPC and the item number, but I can't find it on Amazon, dvdpricesearch.com, or even on www.storeaetv.com, A&E's own store website, which seems very strange.

Does anybody have any more information about this? Is it really coming out in Region 1 now? Any reviews, even of the Region 2 DVD?

I vaguely remember watching on TV as a youngster. Good music if you like Strauss waltzes. Cast includes a young Jane Seymour.
Old 02-15-08, 12:58 AM

I just ordered mine. DDD carries exclusive DVD releases manufactured by Movies Unlimited under the A and E label which are primarily British miniseries in Origin. I recently received Disreali with Ian McShaneand I believe another title is Year of the Fox with George Peppard. Quality is fair but has certainly not remastered so that it looks brand new.
Best
Greg
Old 02-15-08, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the info Greg. Interesting. Other than stumbling upon them as I did, how would one know about these impending exclusive releases? Is there a website where they are listed? I can't find it on Movies Unlimited site.

I'm interested in seeing a specific review of this one. So if you can, I'd appreciate it if you'd post some comments here on the A/V quality when you get a chance to watch it. Thanks.

EDIT: BTW, I think you meant "Night of the Fox" (Peppard)

Last edited by hondo21; 02-15-08 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Addition