Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Which type of DVDs do you wonder why people collect them?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Which type of DVDs do you wonder why people collect them?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-08, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts
Well I have a collection of wrestling dvds, some disney flicks, but I have several Sesame street dvds. Mostly the old school dvds, and a few of the SS christmas dvds, for me its just the nostalgia of a more innocent time in my life.
Old 02-09-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yoshimi
I don't understand why someone would buy certain TV series on dvd. I mean who comes home from a hard days work and thinks " I think I will watch episode 14 of season 4 of The Fresh Prince or Full House?" To each their own I guess.
I don't see why not if you're a fan of the series 'cause you know more than likely you will enjoy any episode you watch. Unless you know the whole series verbatim you can pop any episode in and enjoy it just as much the second time as the first and have a nostalgia trip along the way. More so with comedies I'd think instead of the cop shows. That's my guess, I only own one series of television.
Old 02-09-08, 09:50 PM

I could never understand the facination with the SAW movies. I can accept that people will buy a copy of each sequel (although i gave up after the second one), but why in the world do people buy every single edition that comes out for each one? Even a new cover will prompt some people to rush out and buy them. I just dont get it.
Old 02-10-08, 09:38 AM

I usually buy movies and TV series that just aren't available to watch any other way. Criterion has a place in my collection as does TV series from the 60's that I haven't seen for so long I barely remember them, like The Prisoner, Addams Family and alot of Gerry Anderson's Supermarionation series. Have a decent collection of silent movies also. Do I need to own box sets of The Simpsons, South Park or Family Guy? No. They are funny shoes and I like them but they can also be seen at least a dozen times a week on cable and broadcast TV, so best to save my cash for the hard to find stuff and be my own program director once in a while.

Last edited by 35MM; 02-10-08 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-10-08, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like tv shows because I can sit down and watch a 20-23 episode while I eat. Or just before I go to bed. Sometimes I'll put a show on in the background while I clean or cook, etc. I don't have much time to sit around and watch movies, but my tv shows get a lot of watching.