Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"The Golden Compass" : Any release news?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

"The Golden Compass" : Any release news?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-08, 07:44 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rizor
So does the Best Buy bonus disc only come with the standard DVD? Anyone know if it comes with the Blu-Ray?
I don't believe so. Standard only, I think.
Old 04-30-08, 10:16 AM

Bought it yesterday. This has to be one of the nicest put together packagings I've seen for a DVD in quite a while:

The slipcover looks fantastic, one of the best I've ever seen, and they even saw fit to put different artwork on the keepcase. (booklet on the right is the borders exclusive, 16 pages long, packaged inside like Pan's Labyrinth)

I really hope they will eventually release the director's cut on DVD sooner or later, by all means it should be a vastly improved cut of the film (running time could possibly be up to 150 minutes from what I've read, and that's without the removed ending)
Old 05-05-08, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Panda Phil
Yep, was a bit dissapointed that its only more featurettes and not deleted footage. Especially since my BB was charging $35 for it.

Unless of course theres one hell of an easter egg on there.

Is that what it was ringing up? I know the 3-disc sets are stickered at $34.99, but they were on-sale release week for $22.99. There is also a $5.00 coupon you can get off this website. I picked up the 3-disc version for $17.99+tax. Sometimes Best Buy lets their sale prices for new releases carry over the following week, so you might still be able to get it for alot less than what they have it stickered for.