Old 01-02-08, 04:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume 4

Volume 4 of the Wrestling DVD thread.

Volume 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

Wrestling DVD Release List (needs updating)

New*

WWF DVD Release List

Repeating the previous rules:

The thread is to have a discussion on all wrestling DVD related topics.

There is another thread, which I have to update, that has the upcoming DVD releases.

For weekly wrestling discussion, you can go to the Sports forum at DVDTalk, where MovieExchange keeps a very nice weekly thread with all the news pertaining to pro wrestling. He even has Pay Per View contest!

Don't post active ebay auctions. Don't talk about bootlegs. Don't threadcrap. And please keep general wrestling discussion on the Sport section of DVDTalk.

Let the talking begin....

Last edited by dx23; 01-05-08 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-02-08, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been looking around on th net for quite a while for the Raw Homecoming dvd from 2005. The only place I've seen it reasonably priced is on Silver Vision's website, but they will not ship to the U.S. Are there any readers here who live in the U.K. that might be able to help me out by ordering this one and forwarding it to me? If so, let me know.
Old 01-03-08, 03:26 AM

You can also order it from ebay.co.uk, i got it from there.
Old 01-03-08, 05:20 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
I've been looking around on th net for quite a while for the Raw Homecoming dvd from 2005.
AFAIK Raw Homecoming DVD is very OOP in R1 Format, while the UK Silvervision R2 are stil in production, while in terms in content & footage they are exactly the same
Originally Posted by throwback
Wal-Mart Exclusive Raw Homecoming & WMXX Slimline Version DVD
click for more info on the rare R1 Raw Homecoming DVD
Old 01-03-08, 11:40 AM

Amazon has listed for release on April 1st, 2008 a "Superstar Profile DVD(From Class of 2008 Hall of Fame)". So basically we get a new DVD from one of the new Hall of Famers...Who does everyone think it is??

Here is who I see getting into the HoF this year, realistically:
*Ric Flair
*Ted Dibiase
*Mike Rotunda
*Demolition
*Mae Young
*Brian Pillman

So, I'm going to go and guess that the new DVD will be one chronicling The Million Dollar Man (Plus, his new autobiography is coming out soon).
Old 01-03-08, 04:13 PM

Using the listings at Amazon.com as a guide, here's a breakdown of the WWE DVD releases for 2008:

01/08 - Royal Rumble Anthology Vol. 3 & 4
01/15 - Armageddon 2007
02/12 - The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin (3-Disc)
02/26 - Royal Rumble 2008
03/25 - Triple H: The King of Kings - There is Only One (3-Disc)
03/25 - No Way Out 2008
04/01 - TBD Superstar Profile (one of the 2008 Hall of Fame inductees) (2-Disc)
05/06 - The Evolution of the Hardys (2-Disc)
05/20 - WrestleMania 24 (3- maybe 4-Disc)
05/27 - Backlash 2008
06/03 - The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment (3-Disc)
06/17 - Judgment Day 2008
07/01 - One Night Stand 2008
07/08 - The Best of Starrcade (3-Disc)
07/22 - Vengeance 2008
08/05 - SummerSlam: The Complete Anthology (20 Discs)
08/19 - The Great American Bash 2008
09/09 - The Life and Times of Mr. Perfect (2-Disc)
09/16 - SummerSlam 2008
10/07 - Complete Hell (Hell in a Cell compilation presumably) (3-Disc)
10/14 - Unforgiven 2008
11/04 - Edge (2-Disc)
11/04 - No Mercy 2008
11/18 - Randy Savage: Macho Madness (3-Disc)
11/25 - Cyber Sunday 2008
12/09 - Sting (2-Disc)
12/23 - Survivor Series 2008
Old 01-03-08, 05:08 PM

I don't want a Best of Starrcade...I want the anthology.
Old 01-03-08, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SkipKassidy
Using the listings at Amazon.com as a guide, here's a breakdown of the WWE DVD releases for 2008:

01/08 - Royal Rumble Anthology Vol. 3 & 4
01/15 - Armageddon 2007
02/12 - The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin (3-Disc)
02/26 - Royal Rumble 2008
03/25 - Triple H: The King of Kings - There is Only One (3-Disc)
03/25 - No Way Out 2008
04/01 - TBD Superstar Profile (one of the 2008 Hall of Fame inductees) (2-Disc)
05/06 - The Evolution of the Hardys (2-Disc)
05/20 - WrestleMania 24 (3- maybe 4-Disc)
05/27 - Backlash 2008
06/03 - The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment (3-Disc)
06/17 - Judgment Day 2008
07/01 - One Night Stand 2008
07/08 - The Best of Starrcade (3-Disc)
07/22 - Vengeance 2008
08/05 - SummerSlam: The Complete Anthology (20 Discs)
08/19 - The Great American Bash 2008
09/09 - The Life and Times of Mr. Perfect (2-Disc)
09/16 - SummerSlam 2008
10/07 - Complete Hell (Hell in a Cell compilation presumably) (3-Disc)
10/14 - Unforgiven 2008
11/04 - Edge (2-Disc)
11/04 - No Mercy 2008
11/18 - Randy Savage: Macho Madness (3-Disc)
11/25 - Cyber Sunday 2008
12/09 - Sting (2-Disc)
12/23 - Survivor Series 2008

Thanks for the update. I will use this list to update the other thread.
Old 01-03-08, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Knock another rare wwe dvd/item off my list of "needs". I just found a copy of The 2 disc From the Vault: Shawn Michaels Dvd w/Lenticular Insert on -bay. Sure, it's Not a copy of raw homecoming but you take what you can find.
Old 01-03-08, 06:11 PM

Is that "From The Vaults" w/Lenticular really that rare?

The stuff I need isn't rare thankfully, I'm just procrastinating on buying them. The only "regular" WWE DVD I need is Insurrextion 2002, plus the WMIII Championship Edition Walmart Exclusive with Audio CD included. For the collection I do "need" a few variants/exclusives/store exclusives, but again I'm just b.s.ing and not buying them.

I don't have the "Ramp UP" Themes DVD, and I'm also missing a couple of the Diva DVDs but those are far from a priority to me and my collection. If I come across them cheap ($5 or under) I'll pick them up -otherwise, eh.

EDIT: Can anyone tell me how to identify the Trish Stratus Collector's Edition, or whatever the subtitle is?

Last edited by Aces_High; 01-03-08 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-03-08, 06:25 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Is that "From The Vaults" w/Lenticular really that rare?
actually the 1st pressing of the said dvd has the lenticular insert packed inside the 2 disc set while the future releases does not contain one.
Old 01-03-08, 06:33 PM

I probably worded it wrong...I guess I'm wondering how "rare" it is, I guess meaning price wise, since we have no other way to measure (like units sold). If there was any idea of first pressings out there, or when they started second pressing, please let me know.

Lucky for me, that was one of my first WWE DVD purchases, so I have the version with the Lenticular insert. I remember my first 3 wrestling DVD's were HBK From The Vault, HHH The Game, and the WWE Produced NWO DVD.
Old 01-03-08, 06:44 PM

"Grandmasters of Wrestling" Volume 1 & Volume 2 Original & Variant. They actually swapped the Volumes also, meaning Volume 1 Original has the same content as Volume 2 "First Blood" and Volume 2 Variant has the same content as Volume 1 First Blood.

*Sorry about the picture quality.

Volume 2 Variant................................Volume 1
(Renamed First Blood Volume 1)............Original

Volume 2 .........................................Vol 1 Variant
Original......................................(Renamed First Blood Volume 2)

Last edited by Aces_High; 01-03-08 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-03-08, 07:13 PM

Before I go off on the guy I got it from, I need to have this checked out.

To anyone with the 2 DISK TNA Bloodiest Brawls set, can you awnser a few questions for me?

I got this item from eBay, but the disks have Ridata written on the clear space in the middle. The bottom of the disks are blue/purple. I'm 99% sure it's a bootleg, but again I need to make sure. So, does your version look like that as well? I have the 2 disk "Best of Title Matches" and it's not like this.
Old 01-03-08, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by xNightfallx

To anyone with the 2 DISK TNA Bloodiest Brawls set, can you awnser a few questions for me?

I got this item from eBay, but the disks have Ridata written on the clear space in the middle. The bottom of the disks are blue/purple. I'm 99% sure it's a bootleg, but again I need to make sure. So, does your version look like that as well? I have the 2 disk "Best of Title Matches" and it's not like this.
The Blue/Purple says it all, I'm afraid to say.
Old 01-03-08, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by ThomaMon
The Blue/Purple says it all, I'm afraid to say.
Yup, definitely a bootleg.
Old 01-03-08, 11:09 PM

actually the 1st pressing of the said dvd has the lenticular insert packed inside the 2 disc set while the future releases does not contain one.
Is there any way of telling if a sealed version of the HBK from the vault DVD is a 1st priniting or not?

Last edited by doctaheath78; 01-03-08 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-03-08, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Is there any way of telling if a sealed version of the HBK from the vault DVD is a 1st priniting or not?
My copy wasn't sealed and it's possible there was a sticker advertising the insert. I currently have 3 copies of The Vault HBK dvd. The first one I bought on release day from Amazon that never came w/ the lenticular insert. The 2nd was one of three free dvd's that I got for ordering X amount of ppv's from time warner cable and now the one with the insert that I just won. With all that said, They all look exactly alike.

EDIT: Can anyone tell me how to identify the Trish Stratus Collector's Edition, or whatever the subtitle is?
There will be a blue banner on top stating "Special Collector's Edition", the Regular edition doesn't have it. It was also confirmed by another member a few years ago that it's not a 2 disc, but rather just an additional page of extra's on the dvd that was exclusive to FYE.
Old 01-04-08, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
My copy wasn't sealed and it's possible there was a sticker advertising the insert. I currently have 3 copies of The Vault HBK dvd. The first one I bought on release day from Amazon that never came w/ the lenticular insert. The 2nd was one of three free dvd's that I got for ordering X amount of ppv's from time warner cable and now the one with the insert that I just won. With all that said, They all look exactly alike.

There will be a blue banner on top stating "Special Collector's Edition", the Regular edition doesn't have it. It was also confirmed by another member a few years ago that it's not a 2 disc, but rather just an additional page of extra's on the dvd that was exclusive to FYE.
I can't find this one for the life of me, I'm searching like crazy for it since last year!
Old 01-04-08, 06:03 AM

Do you guys think there is any chance of a King Of The Ring, In Your House or Survivor Series boxset?

There is a Rumble and Wrestlemania set as you all know and I am psyched for the Summerslam one but I am abit of a completist with the main events (Love the old ones for nostalgic reasons)
Old 01-04-08, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by xNightfallx

Did you get tricked into buying "The Wrestling Channel Version" of the 2 disc original Bloodiest Brawls? I did too-mine are exactly the same as yours-purple bottom/Ridata written in the middle.

Funny, it was an auction for that and the 2 disk NWA Title Match set also-I paid something like $23 shipped.

I do have to commend the seller as he was willing to give me a full refund, or partial refund, as was very reasonable, but I decided to just keep them, considering it'd run me $18-30 shipped to get the 2 disc Title Matches, and look at it as I got a bonus DVD-R of the 2 disc version of Bloody Brawls, since I already have the single disc version.

Eventually I'll pick up a REAL pressing of Bloodiest Brawls 2 disc, but for now I'm good with my single disc, and my double disc dvd-r.

Last edited by Aces_High; 01-04-08 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-04-08, 08:21 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
dunno dude, unless you open your set & it has one. there is no sticker whatsoever stating it has a special insert. the only sticker on the sealed copied i bought a couple years ago is only a Yellow Playstation 2 Compatible Sticker.

Can anyone tell me how to identify the Trish Stratus Collector's Edition, or whatever the subtitle is?
No Bobble head added on my Trish FYE Collector's dvd since i bought it in used condition as for the extra contents it's APA Strip Poker & 10 Stratusfying Moments.
Old 01-04-08, 08:53 AM

dunno dude, unless you open your set & it has one. there is no sticker whatsoever stating it has a special insert. the only sticker on the sealed copied i bought a couple years ago is only a Yellow Playstation 2 Compatible Sticker.

No Bobble head added on my Trish FYE Collector's dvd since i bought it in used condition as for the extra contents it's APA Strip Poker & 10 Stratusfying Moments.
Love your blog!!! Keep it going
Old 01-04-08, 02:00 PM

Did you get tricked into buying "The Wrestling Channel Version" of the 2 disc original Bloodiest Brawls? I did too-mine are exactly the same as yours-purple bottom/Ridata written in the middle.

Funny, it was an auction for that and the 2 disk NWA Title Match set also-I paid something like $23 shipped.

I do have to commend the seller as he was willing to give me a full refund, or partial refund, as was very reasonable, but I decided to just keep them, considering it'd run me $18-30 shipped to get the 2 disc Title Matches, and look at it as I got a bonus DVD-R of the 2 disc version of Bloody Brawls, since I already have the single disc version.

Eventually I'll pick up a REAL pressing of Bloodiest Brawls 2 disc, but for now I'm good with my single disc, and my double disc dvd-r.

Where was the Wrestling Channel version sold? This guy swears he got it from the TNA website.
Old 01-04-08, 02:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I believe the first TNA dvds were dvd-r's. I bought all of the originals direct from the TNA website when they went on sale a few years ago, and that's how they came.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.