Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume 4

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-08, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys I grabbed a blockbuster exclusive Vengeance - if it works out fine I'll buy more - just wary of getting burnt again on eBay - the sellers there are greedy

Got the Stone Cold over the weekend at Walmart - out early to my surprise - would recommend it - Benoit is edited out (no surprise) when he and the Radicals attacked him ackstage - they just jump the cut to Stone Cold getting at HHH.
Old 02-14-08, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
Theres only 1 on ebay thats brand new but its $75, i don't think its worth that much.

I remember this was available in all retails in Canada and FYE in the US, glad i picked it up when unblurred WWE DVDs were still on shelves.
When K- Mart was getting all the clearance WWF/WWE dvd's I found That Damn Good still sealed for 5 bucks. I snatched that right up. It's the only one I saw on those clearances too.
Old 02-15-08, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
When K- Mart was getting all the clearance WWF/WWE dvd's I found That Damn Good still sealed for 5 bucks. I snatched that right up. It's the only one I saw on those clearances too.
I love how stores have clearance on DVDs, thats where i look to see if older WWF DVDs are there. I remember couple of years ago i found Hardy Boyz: leap of faith and WWF Action both brand new at Zellers for 3 bucks each, and recently couple of months back found Rebellion 2001 brand new in the bargin bin at Walmart for $5.

I am still looking for the Attitude Collection DVDs of Tables Ladders Chairs, Best of Wrestlemania, Best of Survivor Series, Eve of Destruction and Undertaker the Phenom. Can't beleive how rare these are, i saw Undertaker the Phenom on ebay for $150 brand new, thats insane!
Old 02-15-08, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
So does anyone here have the stone cold dvd set yet, is it worth getting?
Just bought it today, saw the 1st disc and damn its an awesome set, i loved how they included the very rare match with Savio Vega in the Strap match at IYH Beware of Dog. What an awesome match that was!
Old 02-15-08, 12:53 AM

I wouldn't pay too high for any of those Attitude dvd's unless you don't have Unforgiven 98' or Rock Bottom. Those are worth paying a little more for if you have to.
I picked up the TLC and Rock's Know Your Role when I found them pretty cheap. I've never been too motivated to look for the Best Of Wrestlemania and Survivor Series though. I got them on vhs when they came out. I would like to get Austin 3:16 Uncensored though.
Doesn't it suck how they editied the language out of Cause Stone Cold Said So when they put that dvd out? One of the biggest deals about getting that when they first sold it on vhs back in 97' was that you got to hear Austin cuss without being censored...lol
Old 02-15-08, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shacmasta
Born and Raised in Astoria, Now currently live in Maspeth
Represent. I'm in Briarwood.
Old 02-15-08, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NYJon
Got the Stone Cold over the weekend at Walmart - out early to my surprise - would recommend it - Benoit is edited out (no surprise) when he and the Radicals attacked him ackstage - they just jump the cut to Stone Cold getting at HHH.
Well at least they actually show the aftermath. I was afraid that they were going to cut right after they went backstage.
Old 02-15-08, 04:10 AM
Cool New Member

I just got my Royal Rumble 2002 dvd from ebay and I am happy now that I have Rumbles 98-2002 in un-blurred format on dvd (I just converted the 98 and 99 vhs tapes each to 2 disc sets).

I do have a question though on Rumble 2002....why did they overdub Tazz, Edge and Taker's themes? Tazz and Edge's I didn't mind since it was done perfectly and unless you saw the ppv version, you wouldn't know they entered to different themes. The only one that bugged me was Taker's because you see the Limp Bizkit titantron and the crowd doing the "rolling" motion.

Speaking of VHS tapes, a buddy of mine got Starrcade 93 used for $3 at a video store in Santa Cruz and said something that I never really thought of....how come WWF home videos were always brighter and crisper picture quality wise than WCW's?
Old 02-15-08, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by CSUMB84
Speaking of VHS tapes, a buddy of mine got Starrcade 93 used for $3 at a video store in Santa Cruz and said something that I never really thought of....how come WWF home videos were always brighter and crisper picture quality wise than WCW's?
The reason, the WWE usually edits the footage prior to a Home Video release. The Royal Rumble and WrestleMania Anthologies are perfect examples.
Old 02-15-08, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
So does anyone here have the stone cold dvd set yet, is it worth getting?
Yeah, it's pretty cool. I picked it up at FYE for $19.99 minus a $5 rebate and plus a free 'Cause Stone Cold Said So DVD.

I love how stores have clearance on DVDs, thats where i look to see if older WWF DVDs are there. I remember couple of years ago i found Hardy Boyz: leap of faith and WWF Action both brand new at Zellers for 3 bucks each, and recently couple of months back found Rebellion 2001 brand new in the bargin bin at Walmart for $5.
I remember finding NWO: Back in Black and WWF Action cheap when they were on clearance at Walgreen's and Pathmark.
Old 02-15-08, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here are the match listings from my list for both Triple H DVDs:

TRIPLE H-THE GAME
Idolization of Flair.
In WCW as Terra Ryzing/Jean-Paul Levesque
In WWE as American Blueblood HHH
Infamous "MSG Incident."
YEAR 2000 FUEDS:
Mick Foley
Love triangle w/Stephanie/Kurt
HHH vs. Undertaker-Wrestlemania 17
His quad injury in 2001
His "triumphant" return in 2002
Royal Rumble 2002
HHH vs. Jericho-Wrestlemania 18
EXTRAS:
“Street Fight Royal Rumble 2000”
HHH vs. Cactus
Un-aired sketch from Mad TV
“NWA Heavyweight Title Wrestle War '89”
“HHH's Favorite Match”
Flair vs. Steamboat
Test/Stephanie wedding-Raw 11/29/99
“HHH's WWF debut match”
HHH vs. Buck Zumhoff 4/28/95

TRIPLE H-THAT DAMM GOOD
“Armageddon 12/12/99”
HHH vs. Vince McMahon
“Royal Rumble 2000”
HHH vs. Cactus
“Fully Loaded 2000”
HHH vs. Chris Jericho
“SummerSlam 2000”
HHH vs. Rocky vs. Kurt Angle
“No Way Out 2001”
HHH vs. Steve Austin
HHH returns to Raw 1/7/02
“Wrestlemania 18”
HHH vs. Jericho

Bob
Old 02-15-08, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

WWE released a compilation DVD on "Stone Cold" Steve Austin this week and it features the match between him and Triple H at Survivor Series 2000. Chris Benoit played a role in getting the action from inside of the arena to the parking lot. When these segments occur, the Survivor Series logo is suddenly shown and the match skips to the part without Benoit. This happens twice during the match on the DVD.
Old 02-15-08, 08:40 AM

In addition to the Austin DVD (with the FYE offers, it's technically DVDs), I went to a local Gamestop and picked up 4 DVDs at B2G2F: One of a Kind, Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior and as the two free ones -- two of those Coliseum transfers to DVD. I paid about $20 in total.

Originally Posted by JCWBobC
Here are the match listings from my list for both Triple H DVDs:

TRIPLE H-THE GAME
Idolization of Flair.
In WCW as Terra Ryzing/Jean-Paul Levesque
In WWE as American Blueblood HHH
Infamous "MSG Incident."
YEAR 2000 FUEDS:
Mick Foley
Love triangle w/Stephanie/Kurt
HHH vs. Undertaker-Wrestlemania 17
His quad injury in 2001
His "triumphant" return in 2002
Royal Rumble 2002
HHH vs. Jericho-Wrestlemania 18
EXTRAS:
“Street Fight Royal Rumble 2000”
HHH vs. Cactus
Un-aired sketch from Mad TV
“NWA Heavyweight Title Wrestle War '89”
“HHH's Favorite Match”
Flair vs. Steamboat
Test/Stephanie wedding-Raw 11/29/99
“HHH's WWF debut match”
HHH vs. Buck Zumhoff 4/28/95
How hard is it to get "The Game"? I have "That Damn Good" and I like it.

Last edited by DerangedHermit; 02-15-08 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-15-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How hard is it to get "The Game"? I have "That Damn Good" and I like it.
I see "The Game" on ebay all the time. It usually doesn't sell for too crazy of a price.
Old 02-15-08, 09:44 AM

'That Damn Good' is quite hard for us to find here because it was only released Region 1 in America (I think).
Old 02-15-08, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd love it if they released a "Last Man Standing" DVD someday. How awesome would that be?
Old 02-15-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know a lot of people on this board consider wrestling house shows, wrestling TV shows, and any other wrestling that has not been officially released on DVD as bootlegs but I spent over 25 years building my collection and am very proud of it.

House shows, Every WWE PPV, WWE TV specials, Every NWA/WCW PPV, NWA/WCW TV specials, Every ECW PPV, ECW TV specials, Every TNA PPV, and ROH shows.

WWE Commercial releases, TNA Commercial releases, Coliseum home video transfers, & WCW home video transfers:

Wrestlemania Anthology & Wrestlemania commercial releases from WM 16-WM 22.

I also have over 5,000 more wrestling discs in binders, DVD cases, spindels and plastic/paper sleeves.
Bob

Last edited by JCWBobC; 02-15-08 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-15-08, 12:46 PM

I know a lot of people on this board consider wrestling house shows, wrestling TV shows, and any other wrestling that has not been officially released on DVD as bootlegs but I spent over 25 years building my collection and am very proud of it.

House shows, Every WWE PPV, WWE TV specials, Every NWA/WCW PPV, NWA/WCW TV specials, Every ECW PPV, ECW TV specials, Every TNA PPV, and ROH shows.

WWE Commercial releases, TNA Commercial releases, Coliseum home video transfers, & WCW home video transfers:

Wrestlemania Anthology & Wrestlemania commercial releases from WM 16-WM 22.

I also have over 5,000 more wrestling discs in binders, DVD cases, spindels and plastic/paper sleeves.
Bob
Damn, that looks awesome. A close up on your collection would be awesome!
Old 02-15-08, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Or it would make me cry. I really need to buy more wrestling DVDs.
Old 02-15-08, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
Doesn't it suck how they editied the language out of Cause Stone Cold Said So when they put that dvd out? One of the biggest deals about getting that when they first sold it on vhs back in 97' was that you got to hear Austin cuss without being censored...lol
I had the original, bloodyface VHS for years until I got the DVD version free with an auction I won. I got rid of my tape, only to realize once I finally got around to watching the DVD the swears are gone. D'oh! I'm an adult so I don't pay to hear people swear, but I'm all about having the original version of my DVDs and tapes.
Old 02-15-08, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am still looking for the Attitude Collection DVDs of Tables Ladders Chairs, Best of Wrestlemania, Best of Survivor Series, Eve of Destruction and Undertaker the Phenom. Can't beleive how rare these are, i saw Undertaker the Phenom on ebay for $150 brand new, thats insane!
That's probably the most difficult to find and the only Attitude collection DVD that alludes me. I also don't have "best of raw vol. 1", but since I have the 2 disc version of best of raw vol 1 & 2, there's really no need.
Old 02-15-08, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by KurtK26
I had the original, bloodyface VHS for years until I got the DVD version free with an auction I won. I got rid of my tape, only to realize once I finally got around to watching the DVD the swears are gone. D'oh! I'm an adult so I don't pay to hear people swear, but I'm all about having the original version of my DVDs and tapes.
That really sucks. I'm glad I still have the original version with the swears. I might transfer it to a DVD.
Old 02-16-08, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bob
Now THAT'S a collection! Put's that guy on youtube's collection (and mine) to shame.
Old 02-16-08, 12:09 PM

I still remember back in 2002 when I bought all of the Attitude collection for $7.99 each from Amazon.
Old 02-16-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My only really great buys, and I'm sure I've mentioned them before where:

September 2005: I found Unforgiven 2001, brand new, for $5
January 2007: Found "Tribute to the Troops," brand new, for 89 cents.
March 2007: Found the 2-disc "Rock: Just Bring It" - not much of a match collection, but there's about an hour's worth of amazing promos.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.