Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The 3rd Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31) ***LISTS GO HERE!***

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The 3rd Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31) ***LISTS GO HERE!***

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-07, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with this year's challenge, i am looking to watch stuff that's been sitting on my shelves for ages and perhaps i'll throw in some old faves as well. and oh, not forgetting MoH!

October 1 Monday:

1. MoH S2 - The Damned Thing
2. Bram Stoker's Dracula (Superbit)

October 2 Tuesday:

3. An American Werewolf in London

October 3 Wednesday:

4. The Beyond (Fulci)
5. The House by the Cemetery (Fulci)

October 4 Thursday:

6. MoH S2 - Family

October 5 Friday:

7. Manhattan Baby (Fulci)
8. New York Ripper (Fulci)

October 6 Saturday:

9. MoH S2 - The V Word

October 7 Sunday:

10. MoH S2 - Sounds Like

October 8 Monday:

11. MoH S2 - Pro-Life

October 9 Tuesday:

12. MoH S2 - Pelts

October 10 Wednesday:

13. Inferno (Argento)

October 11 Thursday:

14. MoH S2 - The Screwfly Solution

October 12 Friday:

15. MoH S2 - Valerie on the Stairs

October 13 Saturday:

16. Murder By Decree
17. MoH S2 - Right to Die

October 14 Sunday:

18. MoH S2 - We Scream for Ice Cream
19. MoH S2 - The Black Cat

October 15 Monday:

20. MoH S2 - The Washingtonians
21. MoH S2 - Dream Cruise

October 16 Tuesday:

22. In The Mouth of Madness

October 17 Wednesday:

23. Cat's Eye

October 18 Thursday:

24. Ed Gein (Steve Railsback)

October 19 Friday:

25. The Stepford Wives (original, not the remake)

October 20 Saturday:

26. Abre los ojos

October 21 Sunday:

27. Tenebrae

October 22 Monday:

28. Profondo rosso

October 23 Tuesday:

29. Terror Firmer (Unrated Director's Cut)

October 24 Wednesday:

30. City of the Living Dead

My challenge ends here. I am unable to watch anything from Oct 25 till 31 because of some renovation work around the house and all my gear has been disconnected.

It's been great fun and I'm glad I managed to beat my last year total of 18

Last edited by InnocentBlood; 10-29-07 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-01-07, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Horror Movie Challenge List

October 1
1. Are You Afraid of the Dark - First Season (13 episodes, 325min)(1992)(wild card)
2. Seven (1995)
October 2
3. The Lost Boys (1987)
4. Creepshow (1982)
5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992)
6. Prom Night (1980)*
7. Bubba Ho-tep (2002)
October 3
8. Suicide Club (2002)
9. Shaun of the Dead (2004)
10. Ravenous (1999)
October 4
11. The Burbs (1989)
12. Evil (To Kako) (2005)
13. Monster Squad (1987)
October 5
14. Serial Mom (1994)
15. 28 Days Later (2002)
16. John Carpenter's Vampires (1998)*
October 6
17. Blade 2 (2002)
October 7
18. Phantasm (1979)*
19. Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (2006)*
20. Poltergeist (1982)
21. The Thing (1982)
October 8
22. Resident Evil (2002)
23. Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)
24. Alien (1979)

*Hope to make it over 100, even though Im moving mid month*

Stats to try for:
Watch one film from every decade, starting with the 1910's.
-X- 1970
-X- 1980
-X- 1990
-X- 2000

-X- Watch films in at least two languages other than English.

--- Watch a film and its remake.

--- Watch a film which won an Academy Award -- any category.

--- Watch a film and at least two sequels.

Watch a film in each of the following horror subgenres:
-X- Vampire
-X- Frankenstein
-X- Werewolf
-X- Mummy
-X- Ghost/haunting
--- Witchcraft/satanic/religious
-X- Zombie
-X- Slasher/psycho/homicidal maniac
-X- Monster/creature feature
--- Silent Film
--- Documentary
--- MST3K version
--- film with commentary

Watch a film starring:
--- Bela Lugosi
--- Lon Chaney Sr.
--- Lon Chaney Jr.
--- Boris Karloff
--- Vincent Price
--- Christopher Lee
-X- Jamie Lee Curtis
-X- Bruce Campbell

(*-Denotes first viewing)

Last edited by haleyxvader; 10-08-07 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-01-07, 12:27 PM

2007 Horror Movie Challenge: Attempt 1

October 1

1. The Blob (1958)
2. Fiend Without A Face

October 2

3. Carnival of Souls
4. Les Yeux San Visage

October 3

5. Friday the 13th

October 4

6. Wolf Creek

October 5-October7
** weekend trip nothing watched

October 8

7. Friday the 13th Part 2
8. Friday the 13th Part 3
9. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

October 9

10. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
11. Cabin Fever
12. Alien

October 10

13. The Last Broadcast ^
14. 28 Weeks Later ^
15. The Fly (1986)

October 11

16. A Nightmare On Elm St.
17. Black Sheep ^
18. The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror V (wildcard #1)
19. 1408 ^

October 12

20. Army of Darkness
21. Bubba Ho-tep

October 13

22. Severence^

October 14

23. House of 1000 Corpses
24. The Devil's Rejects

October 15

25. The Haunting (1963)^

October 16

26. The Descent
27. Shutter^
28. Drive-Thru^

October 17

29. Wind Chill^
30. Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning

October 18

31. The Last Man on Earth^

October 19

zip

October 20

32. 30 Days of Night^
33. Return of the Living Dead
34. Frostbitten^

October 21

35. Friday the 13th VI: Jason Lives
36. Friday the 13th VII: The New Blood
37. Friday the 13th VII: Jason Takes Manhattan
38. The Abandoned^

October 22

39. Psycho (1960)

October 23

40. First Man Into Space^
41. The Howling
42. April Fool's Day
43. Nosferatu (1922)^

October 24

44. Fido^
45. Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht^

October 25

46. Fright Night^

October 26

47. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
48. Dawn of the Dead (1978)

October 27

49. Halloween: H20

October 28

50. Prom Night^
51. Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film^

October 29

52. Re-Animator

October 30

53. Frankenstein (1931)
54. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (wildcard #2)

October 31

55. The Nightmare Before Christmas

Watch one film from every decade, starting with the 1910's.
-x- 1910 Le Chaudron Infernal
-x- 1920 Nosferatu
-x- 1930 Frankenstein
-x- 1950 The Blob
-x- 1960 Carnival of Souls
-x- 1970 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
-x- 1980 Friday the 13th
-x- 1990 The Last Broadcast
-x- 2000 Wolf Creek

-x- Watch films in at least two languages other than English. French, Thai
--- Watch the MST3K version of a horror film.
--- Watch a film based on a video game.
-x- Watch a film based on a novel Frankenstein
-x- Watch a film which won an Academy Award -- any category. Alien
-x- Watch a silent horror film Nosferatu
-x- Watch a Criterion version horror film. Fiend Without A Face
--- Watch a film with commentary.
-x- Watch a film and at least two sequels. Friday the 13th 1-4
-x- Watch a film that takes place on a holiday: April Fool's Day
-x- Watch a film that takes place in space. Alien
--- Watch a film that takes place on or under the sea.
-x- Watch an animated film: The Nightmare Before Christmas

-x- Vampire 30 Days of Night
-x- Frankenstein Frankenstein
-x- Werewolf The Howling
-x- Mummy Bubba Ho-tep
-x- Ghost/haunting 1408
-x- Zombie Return of the Living Dead
-x- Slasher/psycho/homicidal maniac Friday the 13th Part 3
-x- Monster/creature feature The Blob
-x- Silent Film Nosferatu
-x- Documentary Going to Pieces
-x- Musical The Nightmare Before Christmas
-x- Spoof Black Sheep
--- Killer doll
-x- Killer animal Black Sheep

Watch a film starring:
--- Bela Lugosi
--- Lon Chaney Sr.
--- Lon Chaney Jr.
-x- Boris Karloff Frankenstein
-x- Vincent Price The Last Man on Earth
--- Christopher Lee
-x- Jamie Lee Curtis Prom Night
-x- Bruce Campbell Army of Darkness

(^first viewing)

Last edited by cysiam; 11-02-07 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-01-07, 12:36 PM

10/1/07
1 – From Beyond (DVD) – Kicking off the Halloween viewing season with a fun gore fest from Re-Animator director Stuart Gordon and starring the ever reliable Jeffrey Combs. Combs assists in opening a doorway to “the Beyond” and unleashing all kinds of nasties. Barbara Crampton also a Re-Animator alumnus stars with Combs. This movie has never been available on DVD until now. The film looks great If you are a fan of Re-Animator this one is essential viewing.

2 – From Beyond the Grave (DVD) – These Amicus anthologies were always a staple of late night creature features. A later entry in the series, From Beyond the Grave is a bit of a mixed bag. There are four “main” stories anchored in between by the great Peter Cushing. Cushing runs an antique store who’s customers meet with a nasty demise as a result of their greed. Making its DVD debut, the movie looks quite good for its age. While not the best of the Amicus entries, From Beyond the Grave is still a worthwhile watch.

10/2/07
3 – 1408 (DVD) – I have to say I was a little disappointed in this one. I had read good things about it, so maybe my expectations were set too high. The movie stars John Cusak as a cynical paranormal investigator who travels to, and writes about haunted hotels. He finally forces his way into a “real” haunted room in a NY hotel despite the warnings of the hotel manager played by the always convincing Samual L. Jackson. The movie is not bad, and it does have its moments, but it tended to drag on a little too long. The scares were to few and far between. It makes for a descent rental, but I wouldn’t recommend a purchase unless you’re a fan.

4 – Man Made Monster (DVD) – For me, Halloween is all about the Universal and Hammer Horror movies. So I couldn’t wait to crack open the new Best Buy exclusive Universal Horror set. I haven’t seen most of the movies in this set for a long time and I for one am glad to have them on DVD. Man Made Monster stars Universal horror icon Lon Chaney Jr. as a man transformed into a “monster” kept alive by electricity. Lionell Atwill is the requisite mad scientist. Not the best movie in the set, but still an enjoyable diversion.
Note that the movies are all full screen. Man Made Monster looked pretty good, with some dirt & scratches. I would say it looks as good as it did when it aired on late night Creature Features. So turn the lights out and enjoy these classic gems. This set is a must have for the classic b-movie horror enthusiast.

10/3/07
5 - Evil Dead II (Blu-Ray) - A movie that needs no introduction. Always fun to watch. The Blu-Ray disc looks pretty good, though I wouldn't say it was "amazing". There is a "waxy" look to the characters that can be annoying. From what I understand, it's due to the noise reduction process. I'm sure Anchor Bay will release another silky smooth Blu-Ray version at some point. Until then, I'm glad to have this one in my collection.

10/4/07
6 - Captive Wild Woman (DVD) - Another minor gem from the new Universal Horror set starring a yound John Carradine & the beautiful Evelyn Ankers.

10/5/07
7 - Cabin Fever (DVD) - You have to respect what Eli Roth was trying to do here. The story is pretty descent and there are numerous references to classic horror films of the 70's & 80's (Night of the Living Dead, Texas Chainsaw massacre, etc.). It's not perfect, but a great start from the mind that later brought us Hostel.

8 - Dawn of the Dead (Blu-Ray) - Another film that needs no explanation. The Blu-ray disc is fantastic, probably the best the film has ever looked. If you have a Blu-Ray player, this is a must have.

10/6/07
9 - The Return of the Vampire (TCM)- Foggy cemetery, a wolfman, and Bele Lugosi as "The Vampire"; What could be more Halloween than that? An entertaining classic.

10 - Dog Soldiers (DVD) - Fantastic flick. A different take on the werewolf story.

11 - Night Creatures (DVD) - Peter Cushing stars in this creepy Hammer film.

10/7/07
12 - The Black Cat (DVD) - From the Universal Horror set starring Bela Lugosi & Basil Rathbone.

13 - Land of the Dead (DVD) - Romero's latest. The political message is not very subtle to the point of near embarresment. Outstanding effects by Tom Savini & nice references to some of the other Dead movies make this one fun.

14 - Scarecrows (DVD) - This is the first time I've seen this one and now I know why. There are some descent moments but pretty bad for the most part.

15 - Horror Island (DVD) - From the Universal Horror set. More of a Horror "Who-Done-It".

10/8/07
16 - Dracula Prince of Darkness (DVD) - This Hammer gem marks the return of Christopher Lee's in his second outing as Dracula. Lee doesn't say a word in this one, and it's unfortunately missing Peter Cushing, but this one is still quite good. I'm not sure who owns the rights to these films (Anchor Bay used to), but this film could use a restoration/re-release. Until then, this AB disc is a must own for classic horror fans.

10/9/07
17 - Dracula Has Risen from the Grave (DVD) - A direct sequal to "Prince of Darkness". Another solid entry in Hammer's Dracula series starring Christopher Lee.

18 - Poltergeist (DVD) - 25th Anniversary Edition

10/10/07
19 - Poltergeist II (DVD) - Not bad until the last 10 minutes or so. Love the creepy preacher!

20 - Poltergeist III (DVD)

10/11/07
21 - 28 Days Later (Blu-ray) - Great film, although I always thought the alternate "downer" ending was better. I wasn't a fan of the "happy" ending for such a dark movie.

22 - Night Monster (DVD) - It got a little late so I decided to finish off the Universal Horrors set. This is easily one of the better movies in the set (along with Man Made Monster).

10/12/07
***None***

10/13/07
23 - The Vampire Bat (TCM) - Lionell Atwill as the "mad scientist" in this flick about a town experiencing a rash of deaths and blaming it on vampire bats. Perfect stuff for Halloween viewing.

24 - 28 Weeks Later (Blu-Ray) - I can't believe how much I liked this movie.

25 - Wrong Turn 2 (DVD) - If you like gore, this is a good one.

10/14/07
26 - Kiss of the Vampire (DVD) - Hammer Horror

27 - Curse of the Werewolf (DVD) - Hammer Horror

28 - MOH: Incident of & off a Mountain Road (DVD)

10/15/07
29 - The Fog (1979) (DVD) - Decided to have a Jamie Lee Curtis double feature starting with this John Carpenter classic.

30 - Prom Night (DVD) - A descent enough slasher flick with Jamie Lee in the starring role.

10/16/07
31 - Return to House on Haunted Hill (DVD) - This one wasn't bad. Acting was a little lame at times, but there are some descent scares. Jeffery Combs is appropriately creepy. I liked the first film (remake), except for the ending, so judge accordingly.

10/17/07
32 - Planet Terror (DVD) - Absolutely brillient film. If you haven't seen it, stop reading & go get it! You won't be disappointed.

33 - Murders in the Rue Morgue (DVD) - Minor Lugosi film.

10/18/07
34 - The Night Stalker (DVD) - The MGM release of the Kolchak movie originally made for TV. This has always been a favorite of mine since I saw it as a kid. Tight story telling and a great character brought to life by Darren McGavin. Chris Carter's inspiration for the X-Files. Picture quality on this MGM disc is great.

35 - The Night Strangler (DVD) - Kolchak returns in the sequal to the Night Stalker. Similar story penned by Richard Matheson. As good and in some ways better than the first. Ending could have been a little better, but its a minor quibble.

10/19/07
36 - 30 Days of Night (Theater) - Someone finally made a good horror movie. If you're not familiar with the story, vampires invade a town in Alaska during the 30 days out of the year when the sun never comes up. Great concept originally published in a graphic novel (& later a paperback novel). I have read both and the movie changes a few things, but keeps to the source material for the most part. Great stuff well worth a trip to the theater. Recommended!!

37 - The Tomb of Ligeia (TCM) - A rather slow moving adaptation of the Edgar Allen Poe story starring Vincent Price. Proce is always good and you can't go an October without seeing at least one of his flicks.

10/20/07
38 - The Vampire Lovers (DVD) - Decided to do a Hammer / Ingrid Pitt double bill. This a one of the later Hammer films with a little more sexuality. In fact, it got an "R" rating since Ingrid would bite her female victims on the breast. Descent flick & a must have for Hammer Horror junkies.

39 - Countess Dracula (DVD) - Based on a true story of Elizabeth Bathory, Ingrid Pitt plays the Countess who washes herself in the blood of young virgins to regain her youth. This is actually a better flick than the Vampire Lovers. Another one for the Hammer library.

10/21/07
40 - Mark of the Vampire (DVD) - Tom Browning's murder mystery who's prime suspect is a vampire (Bella Lugosi).

41 - Feast (DVD) - I had been meaning to watch this one again since last October. Fun movie for gorehounds!

42 - The Raven (1963) - Another Roger Corman adaptation of a EA Poe story. Starring Vincent Price, Boris Karloff, and Peter Lorre. Fun to see these 3 together. Also includes a VERY young Jack Nicholson.

10/22/07

43 - Witchfinder General (DVD) - From the new Vincent Price box set, Price gives a great performance of the sinister witchfinder. A nicely paced gothic horror, its nice to finally have this title in it's uncut form. A must have for any classic horror fan.

10/23/07
44 - Frankenstein (75th Anniv. DVD) - What would Halloween be without watching 2 of the most influential horror movies in history? This 75th anniv. DVD looks great.

45 - The Bride of Frankenstein (DVD) - Another must watch for me at Halloween.

10/24/07
46 - Son of Frankenstein (DVD)

47 - Ghost of Frankenstein (DVD)

10/25/07
48 - The Abominable Dr Phibes (DVD) - In honor of the anniversary of Vincent Price's death. This has never been one of my favorite Price films, but I had not seen it in a while & I wanted to check it out since it came in the new box set. I think it is the dated, "colorful" look of the film I don't like so much. I rather prefer the his gothic horrors (Raven, Pit & Pendulum, etc.). But still this should be seen by any price fan.

10/26/07
49 - The Wolfman (DVD)

50 - Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman (DVD)

10/27/07
51 - House of Frankenstein (DVD)

52 - House of Dracula (DVD)

10/28/07
53 - Psycho (DVD) - Everytime I watch this I marvell at just how good it is.

10/29/07
54 - Shock Waves (DVD) - A little known mid 70's gem about zombie Nazies. Peter Cushing and John Carradine make brief appearances.

10/30/07
55 - Halloween (Blu-Ray) -

56 - Halloween II (DVD) -

57 - Headless Horseman (Sci-Fi)

Halloween

58 - Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (TCM)

59 - MOH: Heackel's Tale (DVD) - Probably my favorite from season 1. Based on a story by Clive Barker.

60 - The Grave Dancers (DVD) - By far my favorite from last years Horror Fest.

61 - The Grudge (DVD) - Perfect for late Halloween eve.

62 - It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (TV)

Met my goal of 62!!

Last edited by SnapDawg; 11-01-07 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-01-07, 12:44 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

October 1st:
1.Spider Baby
October 2nd:
2. The Devil's Rejects
October 3rd:
3.Evil Dead
October 4th:
4.Evil Dead II
October 5TH:
5.Army of Darkness
October 6TH:
6.Carrie (org)
7. Saw II
October 7TH:
8. The Omen (org)
9. The Omen (Remake)
October 8TH
10. House 1000 corpses
October 9TH
11. Halloween (ORG)
October 10TH
12. Puppet Master
13. Subspecies
(A Full Moon Night!)
October 11TH
14. Creature From The Black Lagoon

Last edited by cableslave; 10-12-07 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-01-07, 01:02 PM

October 1-
The Raven (1963)- Hadn't seen it in years and I still get a kick out of it
Bram Stokers Dracula- Watched the new Collectors Edition that just came out

October 2-
The Fly (1986)
The Fly 2

October 3- Amicus films triple threat
Tales from the Crypt
Vault of Horror *still let down that it isn't the uncut version*
From Beyond the Grave *had never seen this gem til today*

October 4-
1408: The Extended Director's Cut

October 5-
Bride of Re-Animator *not half as good as the first film and somewhat of a major let down since I had never seen it before, being a major fan of the first film*
From Beyond *wow, never had seen this film and had only heard about it. After the letdown of Bride this film made up for it*

October 6-
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms *was on Monsters HD and was a favorite when I was a kid*
The Giant Behemoth- AKA Behemoth, the Sea Monster *for it's age and being a B picture, this film looked very good in HD*

October 7-
Q: The Winged Serpent
The Host

Last edited by DonTHX1378; 10-07-07 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-01-07, 07:47 PM

I'll give it a shot even though I rarely post here...

October 1
1. Terror Firmer
2. Night of the Living Dead (Romero)
3. Dawn of the Dead (Romero)
4. Day of the Dead
5. Land of the Dead
6. The Black Cat (Stuart Gordon Masters of Horror)
7. SLiTHER

October 2
8. Strangeland
9. Valerie on the Stairs (Masters of Horror)
10. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
11. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
12. Eaten Alive
13. The Hills Have Eyes (remake)

October 3
14. American Psycho
15. Friday the 13th
16. Friday the 13th Part 2
17. Friday the 13th Part 3
18. Friday the 13th Part 4

October 4
19. Friday the 13th Part 5
20. Friday the 13th Part 6
21. Friday the 13th Part 7
22. Friday the 13th Part 8

October 5
23. Jason Goes to Hell
24. Jason X

October 6
25. Mother's Day
26. John Carpenter's Vampires
27. Christine
28. The Fog (Carpenter)

October 7
29. Nightmare on Elm Street
30. Nightmare on Elm Street 2
31. Nightmare on Elm Street 3
32. Nightmare on Elm Street 4
33. Nightmare on Elm Street 5
34. Dr. Giggles

October 8
35. Nightmare on Elm Street 6
36. New Nightmare
37. Freddy vs. Jason

October 9
nothing

October 10
38. Suspiria
39. the Wicker Man (remake)
40. The Faculty
41. Fright Night
42. Chaos

October 11
43. The Washingtonians (Masters of Horror)
44. Clonus
45. Evil - To Kaku
46. Two Thousand Maniacs
47. Color Me Blood Red
48. The Gruesome Twosome
49. Inferno

October 12
50. Chopping Mall

October 13
51. Don't Answer the Phone
52. Deadly Spawn

October 14
53. From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money
54. Big Bad Wolf
55. Visitor Q
56. One Missed Call
57. Tetsuo: Iron Man
58. BioZombie

October 15
59. Ravenous

October 16
60. Castle Freak
61. The Damned Thing (Masters of Horror)

October 17
62. Deathdream
63. Ginger Snaps
64. The Lair of the White Worm
65. Changeling

October 18
66. The Dentist
67. From Beyond
68. Let Sleeping Corpses Lie

October 19
69. Tombs of the Blind Dead

October 20
70. The Birds

October 21
71. Dolls
72. Reeker
73. Invasion of the Body Snatchers

October 22
74. Planet Terror
75. Jennifer

October 23
76. Event Horizon

October 24
nothing

October 25
77. Murder Party

October 26
78. Opera
79. The Stendhal Syndrome
80. Blood Bath
81. The Twilight Zone

October 27
82. Eight Legged Freaks
83. Return of the Living Dead
84. The Corpse Grinders
85. The Blob (original)

October 28
86. Horror of the Humungous Hungry Hungans
87. Funny Games
88. Alone in the Dark (1982)
89. The Toolbox Murders (original)

October 29
90. Macabre
91. The Prowler
92. Last House on the Left
93. Rats
94. The Wolf Man

October 30
95. Alice, Sweet Alice
96. Saw 4
97. Halloween 2

October 31
98. Holloween 4
99. The Tripper
100. Private Parts
101. Evil Aliens

Last edited by ParadiseVendors; 10-31-07 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-01-07, 08:17 PM

October 5th
1. The Descent (2005)

October 8th
2. Bug (2007)

October 10th
3. Wrong Turn (2003)

October 12th
4. Wrong Turn 2 (2007)

October 13th
5. The Lost Boys (1987)

October 27th
6. Psycho (1960)

October 28th
7. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Last edited by LBCrazyFool; 10-28-07 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-01-07, 09:17 PM

Oct 1
1. Carrie (Original)
2. Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Oct 2
3. Horror Of The Zombies (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
4. Oasis Of The Zombies (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
5a. The Shining - Mini Series Ep 1
5b. The Shining - Mini Series Ep 2
6. Vacancy

Oct 3
5c. The Shining - Mini Series Ep3
7. Revolt Of The Zombies (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
8. The Amityville Horror (Original)

Oct 4
9. Vengance Of The Zombies (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
10. Psycho (Original)

Oct 5
11. Saw (Uncut)
12. Saw 2 (Uncut)
13. Saw 3 (Unrated)
14. Bug

Oct 6
15. Werewolf Vs. Vampire Woman (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
16. The Blob (1988)

Oct 7
17. Count Dracula And His Vampire Bride ( Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
18. The Thing
19. Jeepers Creepers
20. Jeepers Creepers 2

Freddy Vs. Jason Week (Chronological)
Oct 8
21. Friday The 13th
22. Friday The 13th Part 2
23. Friday The 13th Part 3
24. Friday The 13th Part 4 - The Final Chapter

Oct 9
25. A Nightmare On Elm Street
26. Friday The 13th Part 5 - A New Beginning
27. A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 - Freddy's Revenge
28. Friday The 13th Part 6 - Jason Lives

Oct 10
29. A Nightmare On Elm Street 3 - Dream Warriors
30. Friday The 13th Part 7 - The New Blood

Oct 11
31. A Nightmare On Elm Street 4 - The Dream Master
32. Friday The 13th Part 8 - Jason Takes Manhattan
33. A Nightmare On Elm Street 5 - The Dream Child
34. Freddy's Dead - The Final Nightmare
35. Jason Goes To Hell -The Final Friday

Oct 12
36. Wes Craven's New Nightmare
37. Jason X
38. Freddy Vs. Jason

Oct 13
39. Dawn Of The Dead (Romero)(Divimax)
40. Resident Evil
41. Resident Evil - Apocolypse - Directors cut

Oct 14.
42. Resident Evil - Extinction
43. Phantasm
44. Phantasm 2

Oct 15.
45. Phantasm 3
46. Phantasm 4

Oct 16
47. Cube
48. Cube 2 - Hypercube
49. Cube Zero
50. Them!

Oct 17
51. Halloween (Original)
52. Halloween 2
53. Halloween 4

Oct 18
54. The Exorcism Of Emily Rose (Unrated)
55. The Exorcist
56. Stigmata (Directors Alternate ending)
57. Ghost Ship

Oct 19
58. Thir13en Ghosts
59. Pitch Black (Unrated)
60. The Omen (Original)
61. They Live
62. The Descent (Unrated)

Oct 20
63. Crypt Of The Living Dead (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
64. House Of The Dead (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
65. King Of The Zombies (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
66. Pet Cemetary

Oct 21
67. Mama Dracula (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
68. Darkness Falls
69. Atom Age Vampire (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)

Oct 22
70. Stephen King's It
71. Scream

Oct 23
72. The Devil Bat (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
73. What Lies Beneath
74. Night Of The Living Dead (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
75. Misery
76. Club Dread
77. The Sixth Sense

Oct 24
78. Voodoo Black Exorcist (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
79. Joy Ride
80. Interview With The Vampire

Oct 25
81. The Cell
82. White Zombie (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
83. Poltergeist
84. Poltergeist 2 - The Other Side

Oct 26
85. The Last Man On Earth (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
86. Saw 4
87. Silent Hill

Oct 27
88. Moon Of The Wolf (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
89. Nosferatu (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
90. Cujo

Oct 28
91. Scary Movie
92. Scary Movie 2

Oct 29
93. Scary Movie 3
94. Scary Movie 4 (Unrated)
95. The Vampire Bat (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
96. Werewolf in a Girl's Dormitory (Vampires And More 20 Movie Pack)
97. Die! Die! My Darling

Oct 30
98. Dawn Of The Dead (2004) (Unrated)
99. Land Of The Dead (Romero) (Unrated)
100. Day Of The Dead (Romero)

Oct 31
101. 28 Days Later
102. Rocky Horror Picture Show

Had A Blast

Last edited by DieBarneyDieNY; 10-31-07 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-01-07, 09:18 PM

My List

Monday, October 1st

1. I Know Who Killed Me
2. Vacancy

The first is cheesy campy exploitative fun and the second is actually a pretty cool little gory thriller. I enjoyed them both. Never seen either. We're off to a good start.

Tuesday, October 2nd

3. The Reaping - very intense for a PG-13 movie, it doesn't half-ass anything. Very cool.
4. 1408 - Ok, just doesn't know when to end
5. Disturbia - a fun little way to kill an hour and a half; David Morse is creepy as hell
6. Horror Express - Who can go wrong with Christopher Lee? Creepy campy fun.
So far so good! :P

Wednesday, October 3rd

7. The Cell - Pretty cool, I love Vincent D'onofrio in this movie
8. Iceman - a huge pile of crap, but kind of fun in a campy way
9. Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myer's (producer's cut)

Thursday, October 4th

10. Bloodrayne - I like it, it's cool
11. Dracula (Todd Browning) - still creepy after all these years

Friday, October 5th

12. The Funhouse - just as boring as I remember...I wanted to like it but couldn't, at least I didn't fall asleep like every other time
13. Werewolf Hunter: Romasanta - weird ass little movie

Saturday, October 6th

14. Broken
15. Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell
16. Diabolik
17. The Undead
18. Maneater
19. House on Haunted Hill (original)
20. Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye
21. Rabid Dogs
22. Hate Crime
23. Hard

Sunday, October 7th

24. Warlock 3: End of Innocence - I actually liked this better than the original
25. The Fall of the House of Usher (silent)
26. Apt Pupil
27. Friday the 13th: Mother's Day
28. Suspiria: 25th Anniversary Documentary
29. Suspiria
30. The People Under the Stairs

Monday October 8th

31. Ju-On - why oh why did I watch this again? It fucks me up every time I watch it, I want to pee my pants
32. The Grudge - this kind of sucks but I like it because of its connection with the original

Tuesday, October 9th

33. Audrey Rose - God this was terrible
34. Arachnophobia
35. Fright Night
36. Half Past Dead
37. Pit of Bloody Horror
38. Wasp Woman
39. Les Vampires (1915)
40. Bloodlust
41. The Lost Boys
42. Jaws
43. Soft For Digging
44. Night Train Murders
45. Inferno

Wednesday, October 10th

46. Wind Chill
47. Dead Shit
48. 5ive Girls

Thursday, October 11th

49. I Spit on Your Grave
50. Eyes of a Stranger
51. Alice, Sweet Alice

Friday, October 12th.

52. The Hitcher (original) - I liked the remake better
53. Let Sleeping Corpses Lie - It sucks in the beginning but gets better as the movie goes on
54. Who Can Kill a Child? - I do like this, but it gets annoying at times
55. Faust: Love of the Damned
56. Masters of Horror: Homecoming
57. Nosferatu
58. Amityville Horror (remake)
59. The Bone Collector
60. Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn

Saturday, October 13

61. Attack of the giant Leeches
62. She Beast
63. Rest Stop
64. Maximum Overdrive
65. Them!
66. Child's Play
67. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
68. Dark Water (original)
69. The Invasion
70. Encounter with the Unknown
71. Dark Night of the scarecrow
72. Scared to Death

Sunday, October 14th

73. Two evil eyes
74. Ju-On 2
75. The Grudge 2 - Still like this better than Ju-On 2, I don't know why
76. Last Man on earth
77. The Brain that Wouldn't Die
78. Stay Alive
79. Gamera: Guardian
80. Dead Silence - Dead Brain Cells is more like it
81. Halloween
82. Halloween 2
83. Halloween 3
84. Halloween 4
85. Halloween 5
86. Halloween: 25 Years of Terror
87. Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

Monday, October 15th

88. Frankenstein
89. Fear of Clowns
90. Creature from the Haunted Sea
91. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
92. Baise-Moi
93. Carnival of Souls
94. Monster House
95. Lady Frankenstein
96. Bride of Frankenstein
97. Event Horizon
98. The Night Stalker
99. Evil Laugh
100. Deathdream
101. Head Case

Tuesday, October 16th.

102. The Hills Have Eyes (2007)

Wednesday October 17th

103. Hallowed Ground
104. Psycho IV

Thursday, October 18th

105. Dark WATER (REMAKE)
106. Demons 2
107. Bug
108. Reeker

Friday, October 19th

109. Tales from the Dark Side: The Movie
110. The Soul of a Monster
111. Bordello of Blood
112. The Zodiac
113. Scream of Fear
114. Die! Die My Darling!
115. Species
116. Urban Legends: Bloody Mary
117. I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer
118. Black X-Mas
119. The Thirst

Saturday, October 20th

120. Conjure
121. Dream Reaper
122. Hobbs End
123. Jekyll + Hyde
124. Heartstopper
125. MOH: Imprint
126. MOH: Pro-Life
127. MOH: Right to Die
128. Cerberus - whoever told me this was good needs to be shot
129. Cut
130. Final Destination
131. Rear Window
132. 30 Days of Night
133. The Birds
134. Psycho

Sunday, October 21st.

135. A Bucket of Blood
136. The Terror
137. Little Shop of Horrors
138. Haunted Highway
139. Dark Fields
140. Chiller
141. Gothic
142. The First Power
143. Mortuary
144. Jeepers Creepers 2 - I thought I'd give this another chance. Still sucks.
145. The Gravedancers
146. An American Haunting
147. Pieces
148. Nature of the Beast
149. Reincarnation
150. Girl's Nite Out

Monday, October 22nd.

151. The Harvesters
152. Die Hard Dracula
153. Unhinged
154. Devil's Nightmare
155. Kill Baby, Kill
156. Kiss Me, Kill Me
157. It's Alive
158. It's Alive 2
159. It's Alive 3
160. Graveyard Shift
161. The Dead Zone
162. Pet Sematary
163. Silver Bullet
164. Wicked Little Things
165. The Hamiltons

Tuesday, October 23rd.

166. Spliced
Spliced - doesn't count but it was so cool I watched it again, I'm a loser
167. Winter Lily
168. Cursed
169. Dolly Dearest
170. Needful Things
171. House
172. House 2
173. House 3
174. The Haunting
175. The Haunting (remake)

Wednesday, October 23rd.

176. Hellbent - I love this movie. It's so gay. :-p~~

Thursday, October 24th

177. Family Portraits - 90 Minutes of My Life I Will Never Get Back
178. The Breed

Friday, October 25th

Halloween 4 - again, doesn't count because I watched it already, but I LOVE it!
179. Saw 4 - this was a huge let down. I'm pissed.
Hard - look ma, I can watch movies I've watched already and not make any headway!

Saturday, October 26th

180. Friday the 13th
181. Friday the 13th part 2
182. Friday the 13th part 3
183. Friday the 13th part 4
184. Friday the 13th part 5
185. Friday the 13th part 6
186. Friday the 13th part 7
187. Friday the 13th part 8
188. Jason Goes to Hell
189. Jason X
190. Freddy vs. Jason

Sunday, October 27th

191. A Nightmare on Elm street
192. A Nightmare on Elm street 2
193. A Nightmare on Elm street 3
194. A Nightmare on Elm street 4
195. A Nightmare on Elm street 5
196. A Nightmare on Elm street 6
197. Wes Craven's New Nightmare
198. Addams Family Values
199. The Hamiltons
200. 666: The Demon Child

Monday, October 28th

201. Nail gun Massacre
202. Don't Look Now
203. The rage: Carrie 2
204. In The Blood

Tuesday, October 30th

205. Penny Dreadful
206. Unrest
Friday the 13th Part 3

Wednesday, October 31st

207. Ginger Snaps
208. Ginger Snaps: Unleashed
209. Ginger Snaps Back
210. The Hills Have Eyes
211. The Evil Dead
212. Army of Darkness
213. Goodbye Uncle Tom
214. Cannibal Holocaust
215. Maniac
216. The Hazing
217. Big Bad Wolf
218. Sublime
219. Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
220. Children of the Damned
221. Village of the Damned
222. Blood of the Beast

Watch one film from every decade, starting with the 1920's (or the 1910's if you can find them).

1910s Les Vampires
1920s The Fall of the House of Usher
1930s Dracula (Todd Browning)
1940s Scared to Death
1950s House on Haunted Hill
1960s Pit of Bloody Horror
1970s Suspiria
1980s The Funhouse
1990s The People Under the Stairs
2000s The Reaping

Watch films in at least two languages other than English.

Italian - Rabid Dogs
Japanese - Ju-On

Watch a film and its remake.

Ju-On
The Grudge

Watch a Uwe Boll Film

Bloodrayne

Watch the MST3K Version of a Horror Film

Diabolik
Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell
The Undead

Watch a film based on a novel

Apt Pupil

Watch a film that takes place on a holiday

Wind Chill
Halloween

Watch a film that takes place on or under the sea

Jaws

Watch a film that takes place in space

Event Horizon

Watch a silent horror film

Les Vampires

Watch a film based on a videogame

Bloodrayne

Watch a film which won an Academy Award -- any category.

Jaws

Watch a film and at least two sequels.

Halloween
Halloween 2
Halloween 3
Halloween 4

Watch a film for each rating:
-x- G Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
-x- PG Monster House
-x- PG-13 Disturbia
-x- R Halloween 4
-x- NC-17 Evil Dead
-x- X The Hills Have Eyes
-x- Unrated Stay Alive

-x- Vampire
-x- Werewolf
-x- Ghost/haunting
-x- Witchcraft/satanic/religious
-x- Zombie
-x- Slasher/psycho/homicidal maniac
-x- Monster/creature feature
-x- Rape/Revenge
-x- Spoof/Comedy
-x- Documentary
-x- Killer Doll
-x- Killer Animal
-x- Killer/Evil Child

Watch a film starring:
-x- Bela Lugosi
-x- Lon Chaney (Sr. or Jr.)
-x- Boris Karloff
-x- Vincent Price
-x- Christopher Lee
-x- Peter Cushing
-x- Bruce Campbell
-x- Jamie Lee Curtis
-x- Robert Englund

Watch a film you've heard about but haven't seen (and report back in the discussion thread).

Schwing!

Last edited by edwardnortonfan; 10-31-07 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-02-07, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
October 1st
1 Prophecy (1979)
2 It's Alive (1974)

Oct 3rd
3 1408 (2007) theatrical version,rental
4 Poltergeist II The Other Side (1986)

Oct 17th
5 Planet Terror (2007) rental

Oct 19th
6 Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Oct 24th
7 The Burning (1981)

Oct 28th
8 Jeepers Creepers (2001)

Oct 29th
9 Critters (1986)

Last edited by Julie Walker; 10-29-07 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-02-07, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm doing one a day for each day of October, just like the last two years.

10/1 Witchfinder General
10/2 Demons
10/3 Maneater of Hydra
10/4 Tales from the Crypt (Amicus)
10/5 Exorcist 2: The Heretic
10/6 From Beyond the Grave
10/7 Dr. Giggles
10/8 Scarecrows
10/9 Count Dracula (BBC)
10/10 Horrors of Malformed Men
10/11 The Burning
10/12 The Black Cat (1941)
10/13 Blade in the Dark
10/14 Equinox
10/15 Misery
10/16 The Omen (2006)
10/17 Prom Night
10/18 Matango: Attack of the Mushroom People
10/19 From Beyond
10/20 1408
10/21 The Curse
10/22 Macabre (1980)
10/23 Night Watch (2006 - Russian)
10/24 Black Sunday (1960)
10/25 The Invisible Man Returns
10/26 The Monster Squad
10/27 Alligator
10/28 Night of the Seagulls
10/29 The Devil Rides Out
10/30 Bay of Blood
10/31 The Return of the Living Dead

Last edited by Sex Fiend; 11-01-07 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-02-07, 04:47 AM

Like I said, I'm only doing zombie films this year

well, I pretty much ran out of zombie films after the 12th lol

October 1st:
1. Resident Evil: Extinction
2. Day of the Dead
3. Burial Ground
4. Zombie Holocaust

October 2nd:
5. Nightmare City
6. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
7. Cemetary Man
8. Hell of the Living Dead

October 3rd:
9. Tombs of the Blind Dead
10. Flesh Eater
11. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
12. Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
13. Zeder
14. Braindead (aka Dead Alive)

October 4th:
15. The Beyond
16. Night of the Living Dead (1990)
17. Undead
18. Dead Meat
19. White Zombie
20. Dawn of the Mummy

October 5th:
21. Return of the Living Dead
22. The Video Dead
23. 28 Days Later
24. 28 Weeks Later
25. Shaun of the Dead

October 6th:
26. Dead & Breakfast
27. Zombie Honeymoon
28. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
29. Resident Evil
30. Resident Evil: Apocalypse

October 7th:
31. The Stink of Flesh
32. Deathdream
33. House of the Dead
34. Shock Waves
35. Stacy
36. Evil (aka To Kako)

October 8th:
37. Death Warmed Up
38. I Walked With A Zombie
39. City of the Living Dead
40. House by the Cemetary
41. Tokyo Zombie
42. Return of the Living Dead 4

October 9th:
43. Revenge of the Living Dead aka Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
44. Black Demons
45. Premutos
46. Fido
47. Versus
48. Junk

October 10th:
49. Day of the Dead 2: Contagium
50. They Came Back
51. Invasion of the Dead
52. The Dead Hate The Living!
53. Erotic Nights of the Living Dead
54. Kung Fu Zombie

October 11th:
55. The Stuff
56. Planet Terror
57. Return of the Living Dead 5
58. Chopper Chicks In Zombie Town
59. Redneck Zombies
60. Night of the Comet

October 12th:
61. Night of the Zombies
62. The Serpent & The Rainbow
63. Army of Darkness
64. From Dusk Till Dawn
65. Wild Zero
66. I Bury The Living

October 13th:
67. Color Me Blood Red
68. Blood Feast
69. Gruesome Twosome
70. Blood - The Last Vampire
71. The Blair Witch Project
72. Parents
73. Evil Dead 2
74. Re-Animator
75. Eraserhead
76. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

October 14th:
77. Witchfinder General
78. Masque of the Red Death
79. Carnival of Souls
80. Eyes without a Face
81. Black Sunday
82. The Tingler
83. Horror of Dracula
84. Bride of Frankenstein
85. Nosferatu (1922)
86. Hellbent

October 15th:
87. High Tension
88. The Isle
89. The American Nightmare
90. Strange Frequency
91. Lake Placid
92. Jack Frost
93. Eko Eko Azariak
94. Army of Darkness
95. The Guardian (1990)
96. A Nightmare on Elm Street

Last edited by steelpotato; 10-15-07 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-02-07, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Placeholder for my "Sam is just going to have fun watching and listing horror movies without worrying about the competition and the rules list" :-)

October 2:
1) Friday the Thirteenth

October 3:
2) Friday the Thirteenth Pt. 2
3) Urban Legend

October 4:
4) Psycho
5) Jeepers Creepers

October 5:
6) 1408
7) Friday the Thirteenth Pt. 3

October 6:
8) Slither
9) Skeleton Key

October 7:
10) The Amityville Horror (Original)
11) Alice, Sweet Alice
12) ADH: Dark Ride
13) ADH: Wicked Little Things

October 8:
14) Black Christmas (1974)
15) Black Christmas (2006)

October 9:
16) A Nightmare on Elm Street
17) A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge

October 10:
18) Ringu
19) Ringu 2

October 11:
20) Saw
21) Saw 2

October 12:
22) Scream
23) Scream 2

October 13:
24) The Shining (Kubrik)
25) Carrie
26) Cujo

October 14:
27) 28 Days Later
28) 28 Weeks Later
29) Altered

October 20:
30) Wrong Turn
31) Wrong Turn 2: Dead End

Last edited by HotThang; 10-22-07 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-02-07, 09:34 AM

In just for fun again. Still jealous of the high number guys!
Here is my list from last year:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=97

2007 - Goal = 31, same as last year!

October 1:
1) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (with Commentary) (1974) - Ultimate Edition DVD *****
Kicked off last year with this, and figured it was a good place to start again this year. Watched with the commentary track with Tobe Hooper, Gunner Hansen, and director of photography Daniel Pearl. Great commentary hearing about the hardships and grueling conditions under which they made this masterpiece. As I said last year, TCM is the very definition of a horror movie.

2) Disturbia (2007) - DVD ****1/2 (new to me)
Wow. One of the most suspenseful, edge of your seat new movies I've seen in a long time. Freaking awesome.

October 2:
3) Sleepaway Camp (with Commentary) (1983) - DVD ***
While I prefer the campy sequels, this is still a great movie. This may have been the worst commentary track I've ever heard though. Not very informative, and Felissa Rose is unbelieveably annoying.

4) Death Proof (2007) - DVD ****
Yes, it's talky, but what did you expect from Tarantino? We unfortunately missed Grindhouse while it was in the theaters, but had lots of fun with this DVD. The crash that was repeated to show what happened to each person was absolutely brilliant!

October 3:
5) Suspiria (1977) - DVD *****
I continue to be amazed by this movie each time I watch it. The colors, the textures, the sets, the score. A nightmare captured on film. What a creepy mix of beauty and violence.

6) Inferno (1980) - DVD ****
While not quite on par with Suspiria in my book, Inferno again captures a bit of that same magic. While completely illogical, the underwater room scene is still one of the most amazing and scary horror scenes I've seen.

October 4:
7) Opera (1987) - DVD ****1/2
This one continues to nip at the heels of Suspiria as my favorite Argento movie. The needles under the eyes is totally nasty. Love the camera work with the spiral staircase, and also the flying Raven's POV shot. Great movie.

8) Deep Red (Profondo Rosso) (1975) - DVD ***
Another good Argento flick, but I am not into this one quite as much as some people are. Don't get me wrong though, there is still plenty to love in this one, it's just not my favorite.

9) Frankenstein (1931) - Legacy Collection DVD ****
Another classic that I'm embarrased to say I had never seen all of until now. Great movie all around. They just don't make them like this anymore.

October 5:
10) Resident Evil (2002) - DVD ****
I've only played through the first game, and am half way through the second, but the game series is probably the most fun I've had with video games since I was a kid. A game capable of making you pee youself a little...gotta love that. Anyway, the movies don't follow the games too closely, but who cares, they are great fun in their own right. And Milla is the definition of hot.

October 6:
11) Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse (2004) - DVD ****
Not as much horror as just plain zombie ass-kicking, but I love it. This movie is an adreneline rush start to finish. And Milla is still hot. Hope to go see RE:3 very soon.

October 7:
12) Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers (with Commentary) (1988) - DVD ****
As much as I enjoyed the original, I love the direction this series went with 2 and 3. Pamela Springsteen turns Angela into one of the best, most fun slasher villians of all time. Enjoyable commentary on this one, although I wish Pamela would have participated.

13) Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland (with Commentary) (1989) - DVD ***1/2
Not quite as fun as part 2, but still a riot. Love the lawnmower and flagpole scenes. Long live Angela!

14) Rear Window (1954) - DVD ****1/2
After seeing Disturbia, we had to go back and see what it was based on. Another great movie. The first hour and a half were "just" a great movie, but once that last half hour hit, it was edge of the seat all the way. I have seen embarassingly few Hitchcock films, another error in my ways I must change.

October 8:
15) The Amityville Horror (with Commentary) (1979) - DVD ***
Good movie with some very creepy parts. You guys have got to hear the kook that does the commentary though...wow. If this guy really believes a quarter of what he says, that's scarier than whatever happened in that house. Friggin hilarious!

October 9:
16) Scream (with Commentary) (1996) - DVD *****
I had always loved horror movies, but my interest had at one point started to diminish a bit. Scream is what brought me back, and remains one of my all time favorites. Lots of great memories go with this movie...it came out right about the time I got my first real computer and internet access. I went nuts downloading Scream sound clips, themes, wallpapers, video clips, etc. I watched this more times that I can remember, but haven't seen it for a couple years now. Just as great as I remember it. Good commentary track too. I just really wish the DVD was anamorphic!

17) Cat People (1942) - DVR ***
Great old classic. There is just something about black and white that sets a creepy mood. They could do things with lighting and shadows back then that just can't be matched today. Good stuff.

October 10:
18) Scream 2 (with commentary) (1997) - DVD ****
Not quite as good as the first, but still a worthy sequel with some great moments. Commentarty was pretty good, but I missed Kevin Williamson's input.

19) Diabolique (1955) - DVD ****
Watched this one after seeing it on a few lists here. Great French classic. Very Hitchcockian feel to this one. Loved the ending. Really liked the little screen at the end that asks you not to ruin the ending for your friends. Cool stuff.

October 11:
20) Resident Evil 3: Extinction (2007) - Theater ****
Another great entry in the RE series. The ending seemed very rushed, but other than that no complaints. Have I mentioned that Milla is friggin hot?

October 12:
None

October 13:
21) The Craft (1996) - DVD ***1/2
Haven't seen this since it first came out. Better than I remembered it being.

October 14:
None - weird weekend...

October 15:
Another none...well at least I started the month out well!

October 16:
22) A Nightmare on Elm Street (with commentary) (1984) - Infinifilm DVD *****
My all time favorite horror movie on one of the best DVDs ever made. Great commentary track too. Love it!

23) Cube (1997) - DVD ***1/2
Great concept, great movie. I love how you kind of take turns loving and hating each character at some point in the movie.

October 17:
24) Cabin Fever (with commentary) (2002) - DVD *****
One of my favorite newer horror movies. Eli Roth is the man, I don't care what other horror fans think.

25) Drive Thru (2007) - DVD ***
Good cheesy fun! Lots of laughs and some good deaths. Does not take itself seriously, which I like in this kind of movie.

October 18:
26) Final Destination (with commentary) (2000) - DVD ****
Always loved these movies. I thought the first one especially was a great, fresh take on the genre. The commentary is pretty good on this one...lots of little stuff was pointed out I hadn't noticed before.

27) Cube 2: Hypercube (2002) - DVD **1/2
Pretty good movie, but not nearly as good as the original. Proof that bigger budget doesn't mean better movie. I didn't get nearly the sense of claustrophobia, dread, or tension from this one as the original. Still had a few moments of brilliance though, making it worthwhile.

October 19:
28) Ginger Snaps (with commentary) (2000) DVD ****
Probably my favorite werewolf flick. Great movie all around. Commentary track was pretty good on this one.

29) Shaun of the Dead (with commentary) (2004) - DVD ****1/2
Probably the best horror/comedy mix ever in my opinion. Great movie all around...hilarious, scary, and well made. The commentary track on this one is hilarious as well.

October 20:
30) I Walked with a Zombie (1942) - DVR ***
Another wonderful classic. I'm glad I discovered a couple of these great Lewton/Tourneur collaborations this year.

October 21:
31) Wrong Turn 2: Dead End (2007) - DVD ***1/2
Better than I was expecting. Good humor and over the top gore. Some just plain nasty death scenes. Too bad the pic quality sucked, but what do you expect from direct-to-dvd I guess. Wasn't as good as the first one in my opinion, but that doesn't matter much as they really had nothing to do with each other.

Holy balls! Goal of 31 met, and I still have 10 days to go! I'd love to say I'm going for 50, but I can't see that happening. Might see something in the 40s though!

October 22:
Gee...I hit my goal and slacking off already! Back on the wagon tomorrow I hope. Even if it's no longer "official", I started off doing this for my own fun, and will continue to. I hope others can do the same. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the mods can weed out the bad apples and open this back up officially for the rest of us, but if not, I'll just keep watching anyway!

October 23:
32) 28 Days Later (2002) - DVD ****
Had to rewatch this one in anticipation of the sequel that just showed up from Netflix. This is such a great movie...lots of jumps and emotional involvement. I used to dislike the 2nd half of the movie, but I appreciated it more this time around.

October 24:
33) 28 Weeks Later (2007) - DVD ****
Wow, as good as the first, maybe even a hair better. Awesome. Great sound on the DVD too...loads of bass. Makes me wish I had my new sub already!

October 25:
Nothing...probably not going to hit 40 at this point, but still happy I surpassed my 31 goal!

October 26:
34) Carnival of Souls (1962) - Criterion Collection DVD ****1/2
I love this movie...so creepy with a great twist. There are a number of amusement parks that I would love to travel back in time to visit in their heydays, and thanks to this movie, Saltair is one of them.

October 27:
35) Planet Terror (2007) - DVD ****
Way over the top in every way...lots of fun! Still wish we could have caught Grindhouse in the theater the way they were intended...oh well.

October 28:
36) The Blair Witch Project (with commentary) (1999) - DVD ****
Say what you will about this movie, but I think the idea and execution were genius. I saw this in the theater when it was first released and I don't think a movie has ever stuck with me and made me to paranoid well after it ended. Love it.

37) White Zombie (1932) - DVD ***
Not my favorite "oldie", but still well worth watching. Some great moments with the zombies...especially when that worker loses his balance and falls in the grinding vat. Classic!

October 29:
38) Saw (with commentary) (2004) - DVD ****1/2
I know many do not agree, but to me Saw really revitalized modern horror. I've enjoyed the heck out of the first three, and expect to enjoy the fourth as soon as we can get to the theater.

39) Dracula (with commentary) (1931) - DVD ****
The ultimate "classic" horror movie to me. Watched this with the film historian commentary and really enjoyed it. I liked how he would compare certain scenes with either the original script, or the novel. Tons of information here, but never boring.

October 30:
Nothing...had our annual halloween party for the guys from work. I had Nosferatu playing continuously on the TV upstairs, but I really didn't catch more than a glimps here and there so I can't count it. Can't wait for the Ultimate Edition DVD coming out next month. That movie deserves way better than the crappy public domain disk I have currently.

October 31:
40) Halloween (1978) - DVD *****
Only had time for one tonight, so of course it had to be this one. I can't say anything about this one that hasn't already been said. Absolute classic.

Well, that's a wrap for this year! Had lots of fun as always. I managed to not only beat my goal, but also catch 14 new to me movies! Thanks much to those who organized this challenge, as well as the moderators who helped keep us on track. Can't wait until next year!!

Last edited by Jediturtle; 11-01-07 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-02-07, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't see me reaching past seven movies or so (I'm also trying to get through all my blind buys), but what the hell, I'll give it a try.

UPDATE: Well, I'm done for this month. My total count: 20 movies. Not too bad when you consider I'm not a huge horror buff, although it certainly lacks in comparison to most of the other participants. At least I have a goal to beat next year.

10/01/07:

10/02/07:
Misery

10/03/07:
1408 (Theatrical Cut)

10/04/07:

10/05/07:
Night Of The Living Dead (1968; B&W version)

10/06/07:

10/07/07:

10/08/07:
Carrie

10/09/07:

10/10/07:

10/11/07:

10/12/07:

10/13/07:

10/14/07:
Phantasm

10/15/07:
The Monster Squad
The Exorcist

10/16/07:
Poltergeist
The Evil Dead

10/17/07:

10/18/07:

10/19/07:
The Wicker Man (1973)

10/20/07:
Psycho (1960)

10/21/07:
Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn
Shadow Of The Vampire (I know it's not REALLY a horror film, but like The Monster Squad, it's linked to a classic horror film (Nosferatu), so I'll count it.)

10/22/07:

10/23/07:
Red Eye (Again, I know it's not REALLY a horror movie, but it's a thriller with multiple elements of horror, so I'm counting it)

10/24/07:

10/25/07:
Christine

10/26/07:

10/27/07:

10/28/07:
The Lost Boys

10/29/07:
A Nightmare On Elm Street

10/30/07:
Dawn Of The Dead (1978; US Theatrical Cut)

10/31/07:
Halloween (1978)
An American Werewolf In London

Last edited by MTRodaba2468; 11-01-07 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-02-07, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Oct. 2- (3)The Bloody Judge ( Christopher Lee ) A Blue Underground title about a psychotic judge burning witches in the 17th century England. Kind of along the lines of Witchfinder General. 7.0 out of 10
Old 10-02-07, 04:27 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
I edited my "extra stats" section to make it a bit more logical and user-friendly. Just change the second "-" to an "X" or something once you've completed that section. Feel free to cut and paste, or give me more details to add to it to feed my OCD.

Watch one film from every decade, starting with the 1890's.
--- 1890:
--- 1900:
--- 1910:
--- 1920:
--- 1930:
--- 1940:
--- 1950:
--- 1960:
--- 1970:
--- 1980:
--- 1990:
--- 2000:

Watch films in at least two languages other than English.
--- First language, .
--- Second language, .

--- Watch the MST3K version of a horror film.
--- Watch a film based on a video game.
--- Watch a film based on a novel.
--- Watch a film directed by Uwe Boll.
--- Watch a film which won an Academy Award -- any category.
--- Watch a silent horror film.
--- Watch a Criterion version horror film.
--- Watch a film with commentary.
--- Watch a film and at least two sequels.
--- Watch a film that takes place on a holiday.
--- Watch a film that takes place in space.
--- Watch a film that takes place on or under the sea.
--- Watch an animated horror film.

Watch a film for each rating:
--- G
--- PG
--- PG-13
--- R
--- NC-17
--- X
--- Unrated

--- Vampire
--- Frankenstein
--- Werewolf
--- Mummy
--- Invisible Man
--- Ghost/haunting
--- Zombie
--- Slasher/psycho/homicidal maniac
--- Monster/creature feature
--- Documentary
--- Musical
--- Spoof
--- Revenge
--- Killer doll
--- Killer animal

Watch a film starring:
--- Bela Lugosi
--- Lon Chaney Sr.
--- Lon Chaney Jr.
--- Peter Cushing
--- Boris Karloff
--- Vincent Price
--- Christopher Lee
--- Jamie Lee Curtis
--- Robert Englund
--- Bruce Campbell

(* - First Time Viewings)

Please note that this template may not be current, as I also have it in the discussion thread, and that it the post that I update and have linked in my sig. So please see that post for the most up to date template, as I may forgot about this post.

Last edited by Trevor; 10-13-07 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-02-07, 09:18 PM
Hammer & Amicus Fanatic

I'm in for another October:

01 October
001) The Abominable Dr Phibes
002) Dr Phibes Rises Again
003) Die Monster Die
004) Planet of the Vampires
005) The Island of Dr Moreau ('77)

02 October
006) The Dunwich Horror
007) The Amazing Colossal Man
008) War of the Colossal Beast
009) The Fall of the House of Usher ('60)
010) The Pit and the Pendulum ('61)

03 October
011) 3 Extremes
012) 2001 Maniacs
013) Bloodsucking Freaks
014) 13 Ghosts ('60)
015) 28 Days Later

04 October
016) The Haunting ('63)
017) The Legend of Hell House
018) Last House On Dead End Street
019) Last House On the Left
020) House of the Seven Corpses

05 October
021) The Innocents
022) Rawhead Rex
023) Rosemary's Baby
024) The Toolbox Murders ('77)
025) ToolboxMurders ('03)

06 October
026) An American Werewolf In London
027) The Howling
028) Howling II
029) Howling IV
030) Howling V
031) Howling VI

07 October
032) The Host
033) Haute Tension
034) The Hills Have Eyes ('06)
035) The Hills Have Eyes ('07)
036) The Brood

08 October
037) The Thing
038) The Thing From Another World
039) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ('74)
040) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ('03)
041) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

09 October
042) The Fly ('58)
043) Return of the Fly
044) Curse of the Fly
045) The Fly ('86)
046) The Fly II

10 October
047) The Chosen Survivors
048) The Alligator People
049) Nosferatu ('22)
050) Nail Gun Massacre
051) I Drink Your Blood

11 October
052) Alligator
053) Lake Placid
054) The Great Alligator
055) Grizzly
056) Humanoids From the Deep ('80)

12 October
057) Jaws
058) Jaws 2
059) Jaws 3
060) Deep Blue Sea
061) Frankenfish

13 October
062) Creature From the Black Lagoon
063) Revenge of the Creature
064) The Creature Walks Among Us
065) The Wolf Man
066) Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man

14 October
067) Night of the Living Dead ('68)
068) Night of the Living Dead ('90)
069) Dawn of the Dead ('78)
070) Dawn of the Dead ('04)
071) Day of the Dead
072) Return of the Living Dead

15 October
073) Blood Feast
074) Blood Feast 2: All You Can Eat
075) The Gore Gore Girls
076) The Gruesome Twosome
077) Two Thousand Maniacs
078) The Wizard of Gore

[b]16 October)
079) Beast of Blood
080) Beast of the Yellow Night
081) Brides of Blood
082) Mad Doctor of Blood Island
083) Frankenstein's Daughter
084) How to Make a Monster

17 October
085) Count Dracula ('70)
086) Crypt of the Vampire
087) Horror Express
088) I, Monster
089) Die Schlangengrube und das Pendel

18 October
090) The Astro Zombies
091) The Corpse Grinders
092) Guru, the Mad Monk
093) Bloodthirsty Butchers
094) The Rats Are Coming! The Werewolves are Here!

19 October
095) The Creeping Flesh
096) The Gorgon
097) The Monster That Challenged the World
098) The Man Who Could Cheat Death
099) To the Devil...A Daughter
100) The Tomb of Ligeia

20 October
101) Son of Frankenstein
102) Ghost of Frankenstein
103) House of Frankenstein
104) Werewolf of London
105) She-Wolf of London

21 October
106) Dracula's Daughter
107) Son of Dracula
108) House of Dracula
109) Dracula A.D. 1972
110) Satanic Rites of Dracula

22 October
111) The Invisible Man
112) The Invisible Man Returns
113) The Invisible Woman
114) Invisible Agent
115) The Invisible Man's Revenge

23 October
116) The Mummy ('32)
117) The Mummy's Hand
118) The Mummy's Tomb
119) The Mummy's Ghost
120) The Mummy's Curse
121) Friday the 13th
122) Friday the 13th Part 2
123) Friday the 13th Part 3

24 October
124) The Beyond ('81)
125) The Black Cat ('81)
126) City of the Living Dead
127) Nightmare concert (AKA: Cat in the Brain)
128) Zombie
129) Zombie 3

25 October
130) Deep Red
131) Inferno
132) Opera
133) Phenomena
134) Suspiria
135) Tenebre

[b]26 October
136) The Deadly Bees
137) Tales From the Crypt ('72)
138) Asylum
139) Vault of Horror
140) The Beast Must Die
141) The House That Dripped Blood

27 October
142) The Curse of Frankenstein
143) The Revenge of Frankenstein
144) Evil of Frankenstein
145) Frankenstein Created Woman
146) Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed
147) Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell

28 October
148) Dracula (Horror of)
149) Brides of Dracula
150) Dracula-Prince of Darkness
151) Scars of Dracula
152) Taste the Blood of Dracula

29 October
153) Dracula
154) Frankenstein
155) Bride of Frankenstein
156) The Brainiac
157) El Vampiro
158) Mad Monster Party

30 October
159) The Mummy ('59)
160) Hands of the Ripper
161) Horror of Frankenstein
162) Vampire circus
163) Curse of the Mummy's Tomb
164) The Reptile

31 October
165) Island of Terror
166) The Lost Continent (Hammer)
167) Food of the Gods
168) The Exorcist
169) Kill, Baby, Kill
170) Black Sabbath

Last edited by Crazee4DVDs; 11-01-07 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-03-07, 10:04 AM

Bolded ones are movies I hadn't seen before. Looking at the list, I clearly need to focus more on new-to-me movies.

10/1
001. You Better Watch Out (aka Christmas Evil) (1980)
002. To Kako (aka Evil) (2005)
003. It's Alive (1974)
004. The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues (1955)
005. The Beast with 1,000,000 Eyes (1955)

10/2
006. Hell of the Living Dead (1980)
007. Flight of the Living Dead (2007)
008. Tales from the Crypt (1972)
009. Vault of Horror (1973)
010. Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (1965)

10/3
011. Asylum (1972)
012. The House that Dripped Blood (1971)
013. Castle of Blood (1964)
014. Labyrinth des Schreckens (aka Gatti rossi in un labirinto di vetro) (1975)
015. The Brain that Wouldn't Die (MST3K) (1962)

10/4
016. Windchill (2007)
017. Devilfish (MST3K) (1984)

10/5
018. Pieces (1982)
019. The Ghoul (1975)
020. Zontar, the Thing from Venus (1966)
021. Day of the Triffids (1963)
022. The Vampire Bat (1933)
023. I Walked with a Zombie (1943)
024. The She Creature (1956)

10/6 -- Creepy-Crawlies
025. Ticks (1993)
026. Slugs (1988)
027. Frogs (1972)
028. Bats (1999)
029. Leeches! (2003)
030. Trees (2000)

10/7 -- Barely anything
031. In the Spider's Web (2007) (ow, this one hurt)

10/8 -- The Dark Bloodstained Monday of Broken Shadows
032. Black Belly of the Tarantula (1971)
033. Delirium (Le Foto de Gioia) (1972)
034. Death Walks at Midnight (1972)
035. Death Walks on High Heels (1971)
036. French Sex Murders (1972)

10/9 -- Movies I Can't Get Enough Of, Part I
037. Zombi 2 (1979)
038. Zombie Holocaust (1980)

10/10 -- Nature Trail to Hell
039. The Prey (1984)
040. Severance (2006)
041. Grizzly (1976)
042. Wrong Turn 2: Dead End (2007)
043. The Forest (1982)
044. Don't Go in the Woods (1982)

10/11 -- Get Out!
045. Night of the Demons 2 (1994)
046. Ju-On (TV version) (2000)
047. Ju-On 2 (TV version) (2000)
048. The Haunting (1963)
049. Frágiles (2005)
050. Superstition (1982)
051. The Evil (1978)

10/12 -- The Lurking DVD
052. Die, Monster, Die! (1965)
053. The Dunwich Horror (1970)
054. Dreams in the Witch House (MoH) (2005)
055. From Beyond (1986)
056. Bride of Reanimator (1990)
057. The Unnameable (1988)

10/14 -- The Price is Right
058. The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971)
059. Dr. Phibes Rises Again (1972)
060. The Oblong Box (1969)
061. The Masque of the Red Death (1964)
062. The Comedy of Terrors (1964)
063. Witchfinder General (1968)
064. Scream and Scream Again (1970)

10/15 -- Movies I Can't Get Enough Of, Part II
065. The Beyond (1981)
066. Dawn of the Mummy (1981)
067. The Mad Butcher (1971)
068. Zombi 3 (1988)

10/16 -- Retro Slashers
069. Graduation Day (1981)
070. Visiting Hours (1982)
071. Happy Birthday To Me (1981)
072. April Fool's Day (1986)
073. Curtains (1983)

10/18 -- You Should Not Be Here
074. Hallowed Ground (2007)
075. Blood Shack (1971)
076. Slaughterhouse (1987)
077. Prison (1987)
078. Burial Ground (1981)
079. Mountain of the Cannibal God (1978)

10/19 -- Anyone Got a Match?
080. 30 Days of Night (2007)
081. Beyond the Darkness (1979)
082. Tenebrae (1982)
083. The Dark (1979)
084. Pitch Black (2000)

10/20 -- Sometimes They Come Back
085. Return to House on Haunted Hill (2007)
086. Return of the Evil Dead (1973)
087. Return to Horror High (1986)
088. The Return of Count Yorga (1971)
089. Return of the Living Dead 3 (uncut) (1993)
090. Return of the Living Dead (workprint) (1985)

10/21 -- Any Color You Want
091. The Black Cat (1981)
092. Black Demons (1991)
093. Black Roses (1988)
094. Black Sheep (2006)
095. Black Sabbath (1963)
096. The Black Scorpion (1957)
097. The Black Cat (MoH, 2007)

10/22 -- Slime Creatures from Outer Space
098. The Deadly Spawn (1983)
099. Nightbeast (1982)
100. The Blob (1958)
101. Contamination (1980)
102. Invasion of the Saucer Men (1957)

10/23 -- Could You Be More Specific?
103. Something Beneath (2007)
104. The Unknown (1927)
105. Them (1954)
106. Something Weird (1967)
107. Creature (1985)

10/25 -- Hello! My Name Is
108. Willard (2003)
109. Patrick (1978)
110. Madman (1982)
111. Fido (2007)
112. Stanley (1972)

10/26 -- Look out! He's got a ...
113. Saw IV (2007) (ok, so that one doesn't quite work)
114. Axe (1977)
115. Hatchet for the Honeymoon (1970)

10/27 -- Run for your life! It's ...
116. Homicidal (1961)
117. Berserk! (1967)
118. Humongous (1982)
119. Deranged (1974)
120. Undead (2003)

10/28 -- Obscure for Good Reason
121. Maya (1989)
122. Witch Story (1989)
123. Paganini Horror (1989)
124. Ghosthouse (1988)

10/29 -- Slime Creatures from Ocean Space
125. Slithis (1978)
126. Demon of Paradise (1987)
127. Humanoids from the Deep (1980)
128. Creatures from the Abyss (1994)
129. She Creature (2001)
130. Dagon (2001)

10/30 -- So Transcendently Bad, They're Hypnotic
131. Alien 2: On Earth (1980)
132. The Milpitas Monster (1975)
133. Seed People (1992)
134. Boardinghouse (1982)
---- The Beast of Yucca Flats (1961)
135. Alienators (1990)
---- Barn of the Blood Llama (1997)

The Beast of Yucca Flats is unnumbered because, for the fifth time, I was unable to watch it all the way through. I taped it off late-night TV at least ten years ago, and have never made it to the end. Not even MST3K could make it palatable.

Barn of the Blood Llama is unnumbered because, while I meant to watch it for today's theme, I forgot to ask my brother to lend me his tape. I'm leaving it listed in the hopes that some other person out there will track down a copy and share in my pain.

10/31 -- False Advertising
136. Invasion of the Animal People (MFT3K) (1959)
137. Friday the 13th part IV -- The Final Chapter (1984)
138. It Conquered the World (MST3K) (1956)

Last edited by Penh; 11-01-07 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-03-07, 10:23 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by wlverinefactor

-X- Based on a video game - Silent Hill
--- Musical
--X- Based on a novel - Sleepy Hollow (roughly I guess)
--- Spoof
--- Film directed by Uwe Boll
Good additions, I'll add them to my template. But darn you for making me watch a Boll film!
Old 10-03-07, 10:26 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
psst, no discussions in the List forum...

watch 'House of the Dead' as a comedy and have a shot of vodka and you'll find it to be quite a hoot.
Old 10-03-07, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts
Some of these lists are looking a little scandalous already.
Old 10-03-07, 01:24 PM

My goal is going to be 20 for this month and this is my first attempt at a challenge like this.

10/1
1. Legacy of Blood (1971) (Elvira's Movie Macabre)

10/2
2. Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) (Blu-ray)

10/3
3. The Fall of the House of Usher (1960) (MGM Midnite Movies)

10/4
4. Phantasm (1979) (Anchor Bay)
5. The Pit and the Pendulum (1961) (MGM Midnite Movies)

10/5
6. Dawn of the Dead (1978) (Blu-ray)
7. I Spit on Your Grave (1978) (Millennium Edition)
8. Equinox (1970) (Criterion Collection)
9. Mill of the Stone Women (1960) (Uncut Euro Version)

10/6
10. The Food of the Gods (1976) (MGM Midnite Movies)

10/7
11. Corridors of Blood (1962) (Criterion Collection)
12. The Haunted Strangler (1958) (Criterion Collection)

10/8
13. Horror of Dracula (1958)
14. The Blood Beast Terror (1968) (The Euroshock Collection)
15. Day of the Animals (1977)
16. Theater of Blood (1973) (Vincent Price: MGM Scream Legends Collection)
17. Empire of the Ants (1977) (MGM Midnite Movies)

10/9
18. The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971) (Vincent Price: MGM Scream Legends Collection)
19. Dr. Phibes Rises Again (1972) (Vincent Price: MGM Scream Legends Collection)
20. Grizzly (1976) (30th Anniversary Edition)
21. Killer Klowns From Outer Space (1988) (MGM Midnite Movies)

10/10
22. Witchfinder General (1968) (Vincent Price: MGM Scream Legends Collection)
23. Rosemary's Baby (1968)

10/12
24. The House by the Cemetery (1981) (Lucio Fulci Collection)

10/14
25. Race With the Devil (1975)
26. From Beyond (1986) (Unrated Director's Cut)

10/15
27. Planet of the Vampires (1965) (MGM Midnite Movies)

10/16
28. 28 Days Later (2002) (Blu-ray)
29. Planet Terror (2007) (Extended and Unrated)
30. The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977) (MGM Midnite Movies)

10/17
31. Misery (1990)
32. The Beast Within (1982) (MGM Midnite Movies)
33. The Bat People (1974) (MGM Midnite Movies)
34. Black Sunday (1960) (Mario Bava Collection)

10/18
35. Black Sabbath (1963) (Mario Bava Collection)
36. House of Wax (1953)
37. Nosferatu, Phantom Der Nacht (1979) (Herzog/Kinski Collection)

10/19
38. The Return of Dracula (1958) (MGM Midnite Movies)
39. The Vampire (1957) (MGM Midnite Movies)
40. Sometimes They Come Back (1991)

10/20
41. The Oblong Box (1969) (MGM Midnite Movies)

10/21
42. Scream and Scream Again (1970) (MGM Midnite Movies)

10/22
43. 1408 (2007)
44. Die, Monster, Die! (1965) (MGM Midnite Movies)
45. The Dunwich Horror (1970) (MGM Midnite Movies)
46. The Attic (1980) (MGM Midnite Movies)

Last edited by vcuram; 10-23-07 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-03-07, 02:23 PM

My Watched List:

October 01

1.Carrie
2.Misery

October 02

3.Graveyard Shift

October 03

4.The Omen (Original)
5.The Omen (Remake)
6.Bram Stoker's Dracula

October 04

7.Silver Bullet

October 05
8.The Dead Zone
9.Pet Sematary

October 06

10.Needful Things

October 07

11.The Dark Half

October 16

12.Saw

October 17

13.Saw 2
14.Wild Zero

October 18

15.Saw 3

October 19

16.Planet Terror

October 20

17.Art of the Devil

October 21

18.Scream
19.Cujo

October 22

20.Behind the Mask
21.Day of the Dead

October 23

22.Phantasm

October 24

23.Phantasm 3

October 26

24.Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

October 27

25.Cemetery Man

October 30

26.Psycho
27.Halloween

Goal = 31 Movies
Final Count = 27 Movies

Last edited by vivafriend5; 11-09-07 at 06:15 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.