Superbad --> December 4th!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Superbad --> December 4th!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the pics Dillon. Looks like it might be worth a trip to Target.
Old 12-05-07, 12:12 PM

For anyone who bought this, the bonus features are hilarious.

If you want to see something absolutely fantastic, and a great impression, watch Justin Long's 'cop car confession.'

Fantastic.
Old 12-05-07, 12:12 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
so... what are the 'unrated' additions to the movie?
Old 12-05-07, 12:39 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by StephenX
For anyone who bought this, the bonus features are hilarious.

If you want to see something absolutely fantastic, and a great impression, watch Justin Long's 'cop car confession.'

Fantastic.
Yeah, that was the best one out of the bunch. I haven't seen all the extras yet, but 'Everyone Hates Michael Cera' was hilarious.
Old 12-05-07, 01:00 PM

the target edition has two slipcovers. jackpot!
Old 12-05-07, 02:20 PM

Has anyone found the easter egg yet? Funny stuff.

I noticed Rudd was around on the set and at the table read. I wonder if he was suppoed to be in the movie or was just hanging out.
Old 12-05-07, 02:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jmanlakerfan

I noticed Rudd was around on the set and at the table read. I wonder if he was suppoed to be in the movie or was just hanging out.
too bad he wasn't in the movie, I might have enjoyed it more.
Old 12-05-07, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I work at a television station in Honolulu, and we did a story on how city officials here are worried that some people might use the Wal-Mart fake license as a real driver's license.

Honolulu Officials Warn Authorities Of 'Superbad' Gimmick

I just found it funny that officials HERE would think that people would actually use it.

Maybe someday, I'll change my name to McLovin... I already got the Hawaii driver's license...
Old 12-05-07, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jarofclay73
I work at a television station in Honolulu, and we did a story on how city officials here are worried that some people might use the Wal-Mart fake license as a real driver's license.

I just found it funny that officials HERE would think that people would actually use it.

Maybe someday, I'll change my name to McLovin... I already got the Hawaii driver's license...
I was actually thinking the same thing when I first bought it. But c'mon, the license is lenticular! How dumb would a person have to be to believe it's a real license?
Old 12-05-07, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jarofclay73

Wow, what a bunch of stick-in-the-asses they are.

For a place with the reputation of being laid back, Hawaii is really fucked up.

I was in Kauai last month and was driving behind the fuzz. He actually puts on brakes pulls onto the shoulder and then gets behind me and lights me up.

He says: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
Me: "No... I wasn't looking-- we were going downhill and I was following you."
He says: "You were doing 37 in a 35."

WTF!?!?!!

He doesn't give me a ticket or a warning or anything but what a stick-in-the-ass. It must be something in the water.

Old 12-05-07, 11:13 PM

Can anyone tell me if the copy of Superbad in the Wal-Mart exclusive is still sealed? I may try to resell it or something just so I can get the McLovin ID and soundtrack. I met the cast over the summer and got an autographed 8x10 from Jonah, Michael, 'McLovin' and Bill Hader, and this would go great with it.

Is the extra stuff worth the money, and is the dvd sealed inside the set?
Old 12-06-07, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by awmurray
I was in Kauai last month and was driving behind the fuzz. He actually puts on brakes pulls onto the shoulder and then gets behind me and lights me up.

He says: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
Me: "No... I wasn't looking-- we were going downhill and I was following you."
He says: "You were doing 37 in a 35."

WTF!?!?!!

He doesn't give me a ticket or a warning or anything but what a stick-in-the-ass. It must be something in the water.
Well, being how there's very little if any crime on Kauai, I think the officer just needed someone to talk to... :P
Old 12-07-07, 07:11 PM
Cool New Member

Anyone listen to the commentary yet? Everyone imitating Samuel L. Jackson was funny.
Old 12-08-07, 07:52 AM

That whole Hawaii license gag is ridiculous. It's hilarious but obviously someone is anal. Someone is going to get sued though lol. We all know it's going to happen. Anyway a dead give away with that id is the lenticular holo and i'm sure the back is completely blank with no magnetic strip so yeah the entire thing is just worthless.
Old 12-08-07, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by StephenX
Can anyone tell me if the copy of Superbad in the Wal-Mart exclusive is still sealed? I may try to resell it or something just so I can get the McLovin ID and soundtrack. I met the cast over the summer and got an autographed 8x10 from Jonah, Michael, 'McLovin' and Bill Hader, and this would go great with it.

Is the extra stuff worth the money, and is the dvd sealed inside the set?
From the looks of it, It's still sealed. It comes in one of those 2 pack walmart exclusive gift set boxes with the dvd on one side and the cd on the other, The Mclovin lenticular id card is on top of the cd.
Old 12-08-07, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
anyone know if disc 1 of the 2 disc edition is the exact same disc as the 1 disc version? meaning same content/menu/artwork.
Old 12-08-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It says "2-Disc Unrated Extended Edition" on Disc 1 of the 2 disc, so yeah, I'd say that the discs are different.
Old 12-08-07, 10:05 PM

Now my local walmart (Mililani) has switched out a different 2 DVD pack, comes with another movies. Forget the name but saw a cart full of them ready to be shelved.
Old 12-25-07, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by jmanlakerfan

How you get the easter egg?
Old 12-29-07, 09:12 PM
Cool New Member

Does anyone know if the Canadian 2-disc comes with a slip cover or not? I got it for christmas and it didn't have a slip cover. Thanks.
Old 01-26-09, 10:32 PM

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Re: Superbad --> December 4th!

So I picked up the 1-disc unrated extended edition of Superbad at Target for $10 yesterday and I'm trying to figure out whether or not it pretty much has the same features as the 2-disc. Or, if it is missing any features, if they're pretty superfluous overall. I read the DVDTalk review and when I compare it to what's listed on the back of my 1-disc case, I wonder if the "...and more!" clause covers everything or not.

Thanks.
Old 01-27-09, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dogmatica
So I picked up the 1-disc unrated extended edition of Superbad at Target for $10 yesterday and I'm trying to figure out whether or not it pretty much has the same features as the 2-disc. Or, if it is missing any features, if they're pretty superfluous overall. I read the DVDTalk review and when I compare it to what's listed on the back of my 1-disc case, I wonder if the "...and more!" clause covers everything or not.

Thanks.
One of the main things the 1-disc doesn't have is the "Cop Car Confessions", but I believe there are documentaries and things. I think the 1-disc has the movie and features, but the 2-disc's Disc 1 just has the movie/commentary, and moves all features to Disc 2, which is where things get complicated.
Old 01-27-09, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

from dvdtimes:

Available in single-disc Rated (113mins) and Unrated (119mins) editions ($28.95 SRP each), and a two-disc Unrated Special Edition ($34.95 SRP) the film is presented in 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen with English, French and Spanish audio (DD5.1 Surround) and subtitle options. Extras on the single-disc editions include:
Deleted and Extended Scenes
Gag Reel
Line-O-Rama
Cop Car Confessions – A Ride Along with Clark County’s Finest
The Making of Superbad
Original Table Read 2002 – Seth Rogen reads for the part of “Seth”
Commentary with Filmmakers and Cast
Pineapple Express: Exclusive First Look
In addition to the above, content exclusive to the 2-Disc Special Edition includes:
Cast Audition Footage
Press Junket Meltdown
The Music of Superbad
“Everybody Hates Michael Cera” – The Unfortunate True Story
On-Set Diaries
Dancing Title Sequence
Vag-tastic Voyage
"Snakes on Jonah" Featurette
Michael's Voicemails from Jonah
TV Safe - Watch Jonah Hill try to record alternate "safe" lines appropriate for television
Table Reads
Old 01-27-09, 10:34 AM

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,132 Posts

Actually, droidguy1119, my single-disc lists the "Cop Car Confessions" on the back. If I'm getting all of the features manicsounds listed, then what's the point of the 2-disc edition?
Old 01-27-09, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Actually, droidguy1119, my single-disc lists the "Cop Car Confessions" on the back. If I'm getting all of the features manicsounds listed, then what's the point of the 2-disc edition?
For the:
Cast Audition Footage
Press Junket Meltdown
The Music of Superbad
“Everybody Hates Michael Cera” – The Unfortunate True Story
On-Set Diaries
Dancing Title Sequence
Vag-tastic Voyage
"Snakes on Jonah" Featurette
Michael's Voicemails from Jonah
TV Safe - Watch Jonah Hill try to record alternate "safe" lines appropriate for television
Table Reads
It's not one of the most packed Apatow two-disc sets, but there's some great stuff floating around in that second disc (especially the table reads from 2002 or so when it was going to be Rogen and Jason Segel as the leads).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.