Hot Fuzz 3 Disc CE --- 11/27/07

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Hot Fuzz 3 Disc CE --- 11/27/07

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-07, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is everyone so surprised, saying they've never been more blindsided by a release? People were clammoring to get the four commentaries from the UK version released here... do you think they weren't going to eventually release something like this?
Old 08-31-07, 12:38 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts
unbelievable. will this madness ever end????????
Old 08-31-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by darkside
Thankfully the HD DVD release had most of this to start with. Universal should have just released this on day one.
Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Why didn't they just release this in the first place?

A three disc DVD version and a two-disc, non combo HD DVD version would've been perfect.
Old 08-31-07, 01:14 PM

I'm actually pretty happy this was announced so soon after the initial DVD release, because I also held off knowing there was going to be a more fully-loaded release further down the line. Yippee says I.
Old 08-31-07, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Swahili
I'm actually pretty happy this was announced so soon after the initial DVD release, because I also held off knowing there was going to be a more fully-loaded release further down the line. Yippee says I.
Exactly.
Old 08-31-07, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad I held off on the original releases. I'll definitely pick this up.
Old 08-31-07, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I'm sure the stink that was caused over the Wal-Mart 2-Disc version played heavily on Universal's decision to release a 3-Disc edition. They realized a LOT of people went out of their way to get the Wal-Mart version and saw dollar signs.

Still, a 3-DISC release was the farthest thing from my mind. When you say Hot Fuzz....I don't readily think "That needs a 3-Disc release!". Especially when the UK version is packed to the gills. I guess Universal wants to make sure that everyone who tracked down the Wal-Mart release or the R2 edition will feel that they're still missing content and get this one too.

I picked up the UK edition from CD-Wow when it first came out so I skipped the Wal-Mart fiasco. If that 3rd disc is packed and not just a 20 minute fluff piece, I'm getting this.
Old 08-31-07, 02:25 PM

Does anyone else see "Director's Cut" trailer listed on the disc one features...

if that's the case, this will be a fucking triple dip
Old 08-31-07, 02:35 PM

What are the video blogs?

Does anyone know the specifics of what the video blogs are? I remember the website had video blogs from the comic con but the R2 dvd did not have these video blogs. I'm only concerned because I was in one of them and was damn pissed to see them not included! Yes I'm being vein I want to be on the damn dvd. Also is this new release being released only in Standard form or again in HD as well?
Old 08-31-07, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I cant help but laugh after seeing that, what 100 page crying fest? To get that walmart set.

It does suck and further proves why Universal is pure shit; I despise them so much and I'm now making a thread on it.

I'll get the 3 disc set down the line.
Old 08-31-07, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by rhcp1214
Does anyone else see "Director's Cut" trailer listed on the disc one features...

if that's the case, this will be a fucking triple dip
The "Director's Cut" trailer was on the initial release, and it's just that -- a director's cut trailer, not a trailer for an upcoming director's cut (at least I think that is where you were going with your post).
Old 08-31-07, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by highclassrob
Does anyone know the specifics of what the video blogs are? I remember the website had video blogs from the comic con but the R2 dvd did not have these video blogs. I'm only concerned because I was in one of them and was damn pissed to see them not included! Yes I'm being vein I want to be on the damn dvd. Also is this new release being released only in Standard form or again in HD as well?
I think these were the blogs included on the Walmart bonus disc:

Video Blog 1 - 'Simon Pegg Talks Training':
Video Blog 2 - 'Edgar Wright Introduces Hot Fuzz':
Video Blog 3 - 'Meet Nick':
Video Blog 4 - 'A Big Day on Set':
Video Blog 5 - 'Edgar's Supermarket':
Video Blog 6 - 'Kiss and Make-Up':
Video Blog 7 - 'Pub Action':
Video Blog 8 - 'Wells Nights':
Video Blog 9 - 'Work Out':
Video Blog 10 - 'Wet Fuzz':
Video Blog 11 - 'Fete Day':
Video Blog 12 - 'It's a Wrap':

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=13410
Old 08-31-07, 03:17 PM

I got the Fullscreen Wal-Mart and a widescreen to go with it, and the UK R2 version.

I'll still be getting this when it comes out. but we still need a good 2 discer of Shaun of the Dead.
Old 08-31-07, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is why I hate Universal.
Old 08-31-07, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
If that 3rd disc is packed and not just a 20 minute fluff piece, I'm getting this.
"The Fuzzball Rally" as it is runs about 28 minutes. If you haven't seen it, it's funny to the extent that it shows what they had to go through on what seems like the Bataan Death March of press junkets (and it's essential for anybody who attended the LA or Austin Hot Fuzztivals, as those audiences get the most screentime). In that regard, I would consider it more than the average promotional puff piece. I'm just curious to see how the featurette will be "extended." Footage was shot of the Dallas Q&A and intro from Dolph Lundgren, but that may have been for Higher Definition, as the local asshat that hosts that show moderated the Q&A (and he couldn't moderate a fart out of an ass). If it's "extended" with more scenes of Wright, Frost, and Pegg interacting with the fans, fine. If it's just more scenes of Frost flushing cakes down hotel toilets, pass.
Old 08-31-07, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kind of a surprise announcement mainly because of how soon after the original release came out and the whole Walmart fiasco. Also, seeing how much time I spent tracking down the bonus disc at several Walmarts to no avail, debating whether to purchase the HD version (I didn't) and then finally having to order the widescreen version with bonus disc from Walmart online, I'll await reviews first before committing to this 3 disc set.
Old 08-31-07, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
I got the Wal*Mart widescreen exclusive set.... didn't have to jump through hoops... and I still think this is bullshit to release this so close to the initial release.
Old 08-31-07, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
I'm happy with my HD-dvd of Hot Fuzz - it has everything except for the blogs and the extended Rally (which didn't really need extending), and since this new 3-disc can't improve on the HD's video/audio, I'd have to be retarded to buy it.
Old 08-31-07, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
I'm happy with my HD-dvd of Hot Fuzz - it has everything except for the blogs and the extended Rally (which didn't really need extending), and since this new 3-disc can't improve on the HD's video/audio, I'd have to be retarded to buy it.
Same here.
Old 08-31-07, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
I don't have any version yet. But when I do pick one up (and I plan to), I see no reason to avoid the HD DVD version. Not for some extra bonus features.
Old 08-31-07, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well lets see....

I bought the UK 2-Discer because there were reports the HD-DVD would NOT have the features. Then I bought the HD-DVD,because I could then have it on both R1 DVD and HD-DVD. Now this. I have to freaking buy it because its my FAVORITE MOVIE EVER. But this is total bullshit. Luckily there is Christmas......
Old 08-31-07, 08:03 PM

Good thing Best Buy was sold out of Shaun of the Dead when they were doing the 2 for $20 deal, because I got a rain check and they never got it in. Now I'm just going to get this and maybe buy SotD separately.
Old 08-31-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Those cheeky bastards!!!! I have to now sell mine to buy this....
Old 08-31-07, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What The F**k?!?!??!?!??!?!??!??!?????????????????!??!??!!!!!?!?!??!??!!
Old 08-31-07, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by wennma01
i'm kinda pissed about this, but HFis one of my fav movies. i've got the WM 2-disc, but will probably get this especially if it has fancy packaging (ie at least a digipack)
eh, it'll probably end up like the king kong deluxe edition.

this is very depressing news. even when i saw the thread title, i was confused/surprised. first and foremost, this movie didn't seem like the type to get a double-dip to me, especially since they haven't yet done one for shaun of the dead. and what was the point of partnering up with wal-mart for the exclusive bonus disc if they were just going to release all those extras later on?

don't know if i'll double-dip on this... probably wait until it drops to $9.99 in a year and a half or so (just like the king kong 3-disc did) but i can deal without the extra commentaries and video blogs... for now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.