DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Hot Fuzz 3 Disc CE --- 11/27/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/510644-hot-fuzz-3-disc-ce-11-27-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 08-31-07 09:55 AM

I don't have the Wal-Mart bonus disc so if somebody who has it, would be kind enough to post the content for the comparison, it would be appreciated.

However, all of the content for the UK R2 version is included on this upcoming CE release.

notkevinbacon 08-31-07 09:56 AM

I am just going to echo the frustration. Was there any whiff of this? I usually don't feel so blind sided by releases. I tried to track down that Walmart version and gave up.

The adult in me wants to hold off on this double dip, pull up a blackboard and teach those studios folks a lesson (yeah right). The kid in me just wants to play trucks. However, it's a great flick and more content is generally a nice thing... I will probably try to restrain from getting it right away and wait for a sale or something. Didn't I see the King Kong 3 discer for $9.99 at best buy a few weeks ago?

Point is... I am buying it and I'm kinda miffed.

Luther Heggs 08-31-07 09:57 AM

So there's a fifth commentary with a mystery guest? And I hope by "extended" Fuzzball Rally means that there'll be some actual Dallas footage included - beyond just a nanosecond of the red carpet. Still feel like Universal's got us all greased up and ready to be violated on this one.

PopcornTreeCt 08-31-07 09:58 AM

This is a perfect example of why people should go hi def.

TheMovieman 08-31-07 10:01 AM

I believe what I've highlighted in bold is what's new:

• Commentary with Simon Pegg & Edgar Wright
• Commentary with Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Jim Broadbent, Rafe Spall, Kevin Eldon & Olivia Colman
• Commentary with Kenneth Cranham, Timothy Dalton, Paul Freeman & Edward Woodward
• Commentary with The Real Fuzz - Any Leafe & Nick Eckland
• Commentary with Edgar Wright & Guest
• Outtakes
• Storyboards
• Fuzz-O-Meter (Trivia Track)
• Inadmissible: Deleted Scenes
• Fuzz-O-Meter
• Danny's Notebook
• Hot Funk
• Theatrical Trailer
• UK TV Spot 1
• UK TV Spot 2
• Director's Cut Trailer

Disc Two
• We Made Hot Fuzz
• Art Department
• Friends & Family
• Cranks, Cranes & Controlled Chaos
• Here Come the Fuzz
• Return to Sandford
• Edgar & Simon's Flip Chart
• Simon Muggs
• Sergeant Fisher's Perfect Sunday
• Plot Holes
• Special Effects: Before & After
• Video Blogs
• Poster Gallery
• Photo Gallery
• AM Blam: Making 'Dead Right'
• Dead Right (1993)
• Edgar Wright Director's Commentary on Dead Right
• Simon Pegg and Nick Frost Commentary on Dead Right

Disc Three
• The Extended Fuzzball Rally
• Video Blogs

chris_sc77 08-31-07 10:11 AM

^It's just a different cut of the trailer...
Also I am thinking the video blogs on disk 3 may be new features since it says that they also have video blogs on disk 2. That is assuming that the disks are set up like the R2 2-disker whick looks to be the case for the most part.
Anyways i am a little pissed about this release since I spent $30 bucks 2 months ago for a used region 2 copy of the 2-disk....
How i hate Rogue/Universal..

TheMovieman 08-31-07 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
^It's just a different cut of the trailer...
Also I am thinking the video blogs on disk 3 may be new features since it says that they also have video blogs on disk 2. That is assuming that the disks are set up like the R2 2-disker whick looks to be the case for the most part.

Yeah, you're right about the blogs. Didn't notice that.

TheMovieman 08-31-07 10:15 AM

BTW, anyone think the new commentary "Guest" is Peter Jackson?

project86 08-31-07 10:17 AM

Meh, I'm pissed, but the third disc doesn't look very special. If its ever cheap I'll pick it up, but geez, they shouldn't do this to people haha.

netrellis 08-31-07 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Yavin
WTF?! I just opened my widescreen 1-disc copy last week. :mad2:

Last week? I opened mine LAST NIGHT!!! LOL!!!
Did anyone know this was even a possibility? I sure as sh!t didn't ... typical.

Luther Heggs 08-31-07 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt

Actually, I just did, and it was partly because of this movie. But this new set will have features not included on the HD-DVD, apparently.

rhcp1214 08-31-07 11:18 AM

This is some bullshit.

dx23 08-31-07 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Why didn't they just release this in the first place?

Ditto. I would like to add a "the fuck" after why. Because that is what they are. Universal are a bunch of fu....

Rizor 08-31-07 11:28 AM

Universal is a bunch of assholes plain and simple. This is probably the most infuriating DVD release to ever come from a major studio. Universal went to the trouble of releasing a clearly inferior disc. Then they shine a ray of hope by giving us the Wal-Mart bonus disc. But then they make about 80% of copies in fullscreen. But then they get off their asses and make the widescreen version available through the Wal-Mart website. And then they pull this shit. All in exactly a month, might I add.

Johnny Zhivago 08-31-07 11:28 AM

I'm in.

:shrug:

Peep 08-31-07 11:32 AM

Those f*cking assh*les!! I went through all that effort and paid way more than I wanted to get as much content on an R1 release as possible, and now they announce this!?!?!

islandclaws 08-31-07 11:32 AM

No double-dip for me. I've got the WS edition with the Walmart bonus disc and that's plenty for me. I'll probably never even watch every bonus feature anyways. This is really lame, though.

starman9000 08-31-07 11:38 AM

I can't get too upset about this and I spent the money getting the R2 release to get extras I thought wouldn't be available over here. Ill probably double dip when it hits a reasonable price just to get the other extras and to have a R1 copy.

Palpadious 08-31-07 11:43 AM

I knew these assholes would do this, so I held off on the original release.

MTRodaba2468 08-31-07 12:02 PM

WOW! I don't think I've EVER been as blindsided by a release as this one.

I hadn't picked up the DVD yet; good thing, apparently.

alfonsosoriano 08-31-07 12:05 PM

Thank god I held off. :D

Jah-Wren Ryel 08-31-07 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt

Right, because so many HD releases have extra features that the regular DVD releases don't.

If anything, this is a perfect example of why people should wait a year or so from release before buying a movie. Rent it today and either wait for the price to drop like they always do or wait for the occasional double-dip release.

wennma01 08-31-07 12:12 PM

i'm kinda pissed about this, but HFis one of my fav movies. i've got the WM 2-disc, but will probably get this especially if it has fancy packaging (ie at least a digipack)

jjcool 08-31-07 12:25 PM

Don't know fi I can say this or not, but...
FUCK them. They knew back when the first edition was being released that they had plans for a 3 disc verison, and the said nothing. Fuck them. I'm perfectly happy with the version I have. There is nothing on the new version, that warrants rebuying something that came out less than a month ago.

animatedude 08-31-07 12:30 PM

unlike so many ppl,i expected a SE on R1,i just didn't expected it to be a 3-disc set with extras more than the UK SE WHICH IS LOADED.

so this release is quite a shock to me....and i didn't even expect it to be released that soon.not to mention at that price.

i bet there will be bestbuy exclusives like Tommy Boy and Napleon Dynmite.