Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Cowboy Bebop - Are the 'Sessions' and 'Remixes' interchangeable?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-07, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that Cowboy Bebop was released as 6 discs called 'Sessions', and then re-released as 'Remixes', and the remix release has better sound.

Other than the sound, are they interchangeable? Can I buy disc one as a 'Session' and disc 2 as a 'Remix', etc.

And will the spines match up on the shelf?
Old 08-26-07, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The spines of the Sessions and Remixes are different. They are interchangeable otherwise, with the exception of the Remix's 5.1 audio upgrade (from what I hear, is pretty impressive). Episode counts and video quality are otherwise unchanged. It's probably easier to just get the Remix versions these days, but if the audio bump isn't too important and you can find the Sessions cheap, go for it.
Old 08-26-07, 08:03 PM

Would the spines clash, or would they look OK mixed together if I got a few Sessions and a few Remixes?
Old 08-26-07, 08:18 PM
TRC

The spines would clash. The Remix versions have predominantly black spines and the Sessions spines are predominantly white. Also the Remix versions have slipcovers and the Sessions don't. Unless you already have some of the Sessions or can find them dirt cheap, stick with Remix.
Old 08-26-07, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by TRC
The spines would clash. The Remix versions have predominantly black spines and the Sessions spines are predominantly white. Also the Remix versions have slipcovers and the Sessions don't. Unless you already have some of the Sessions or can find them dirt cheap, stick with Remix.
Thanks. Is there any chance these will be re-released in another box set? I picked up the Invader Zim sets a while back, and right after I bought the three sets for $18 each they came out with a boxed set that sold at Walmart for much cheaper that what I paid for them.

Any chance they will do that with Bebop? Or is the fact that it is from Japan going to keep it from having a mainstream box set?
Old 08-26-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There will probably not be a boxed set release any time soon. I wouldn't bother waiting, honestly. The Sessions were never re-released in a box set (or even a thinpak set) and there's been no word about any further Remix-related releases.