Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about recent The Good, The Bad and The Ugly DVD

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 08-17-07, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just wondering about this new The Good, The Bad and The Ugly DVD that is part of the Best Of Clint Eastwood series, I noticed the cover says it has the English track in mono, but what cut is on this release? Is it the one on the SE or the first one that came out? I'm asking 'cause since the SE doesn't have an English mono track, it'd be sweet if this release was indeed the SE cut.

So anyone has this and can confirm which cut is it?
Old 08-17-07, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I want to say that it's the one-disc version, not the SE. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the only box set that the SE is in is the Sergio Leone Anthology.
Old 08-17-07, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts
I don't know about the Best of Clint Eastwood series, but the only recent release of GBU that I know of is a repackaging of the extended special edition to go with the Sergio Leone anthology. That has the original Italian mono, a remixed 5.1 English track, but no English mono.

If it has English mono, then it should be the older cut, which isn't the SE.
Old 08-17-07, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I read on the imdb boards that someone bought the Best Of Eastwood one, and it was disc one of the the two disc se. I would also like to know if this is the cut inside. They said the cover made no mention of it being the se version.
Old 08-17-07, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wait..let me get this straight.there's a difference between the one in Sergio Leone Anthology and the older SE release? as i know, the only difference is thr packaging.
Old 08-17-07, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Premise
I read on the imdb boards that someone bought the Best Of Eastwood one, and it was disc one of the the two disc se. I would also like to know if this is the cut inside. They said the cover made no mention of it being the se version.
But at the back of the dvd it said that the English track was mono, which is what gives me the confusion.
Old 08-17-07, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by animatedude
wait..let me get this straight.there's a difference between the one in Sergio Leone Anthology and the older SE release? as i know, the only difference is thr packaging.

No, you are correct. The packaging was just modified to match the others in the Leone anthology set. Oh, and the one in the Leone set does lose the lobby cards that came with the original release, I think. Other than that, identical.