DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Definitive List of Exclusive Bonus Discs - Part 2 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/509036-definitive-list-exclusive-bonus-discs-part-2-a.html)

Kory 06-05-10 06:46 PM

Re: Definitive List of Exclusive Bonus Discs - Part 2

Yeah I got the BD for pretty cheap, maybe like $8 shipped or so. Not worth retail, but I felt it was worth that price. And I definitely agree about the Walmart Exclusive. I haven't seen it cheaper than $25 plus tax, but I really want to know if that disc shares its content with the BD or not. It said it's exclusive to this set, but a lot of times, that refers to the DVD only. Thanks in advance for any help that you (or anyone else) can provide.

sandman007 06-05-10 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kory (Post 10196099)
Yeah I got the BD for pretty cheap, maybe like $8 shipped or so. Not worth retail, but I felt it was worth that price. And I definitely agree about the Walmart Exclusive. I haven't seen it cheaper than $25 plus tax, but I really want to know if that disc shares its content with the BD or not. It said it's exclusive to this set, but a lot of times, that refers to the DVD only. Thanks in advance for any help that you (or anyone else) can provide.

There's an Amazon.com listing for the exclusive with what is on the bonus disc:

http://www.amazon.com/Couples-Retrea...5791521&sr=8-3

The 2-Disc Ultimate-Vacation Edition features over 40 minutes of exclusive bonus features, including additional deleted scenes, Eden Resort Production Tour, "Paradise Found: The Making of Couples Retreat" and the Cinemax special.

This is also how I got my copy for ~$10 plus shipping through a Marketplace seller. A lot of exclusives get listed on Amazon.com sometimes you can find a bargin if a lot of people are selling it or it's an older exclusive and sellers want to get rid of them because no one cares about them anymore.

hindolio 06-06-10 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by sandman007 (Post 10196279)
...sellers want to get rid of them because no one cares about them anymore.

i care :(

:D

taco5 06-06-10 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 10185950)
I think I may have found one but not sure. Looks like a re-wrap compared to others I've see but am afraid to open it. No Target Exclusive sticker or anything. Will post picture later to see what you guys think. Thanks for your help!

http://images5b.snapfish.com/2323232...34534258ot1lsi

http://images5b.snapfish.com/2323232...34536258ot1lsi

snausages 06-06-10 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 10196573)

2012 Target Exclusive Blu-ray

If you can find some way to weigh 2012 Target exclusive Blu-ray, it is 5.990 ounces. A single DVD disc weighs 0.555 ounces and a single Blu-ray disc weighs 0.565 ounces. These numbers are based on a scale I used, so they are by no means any industry standard quotes. HTH!

Trevor 06-07-10 07:52 AM

Yeah, I don't think that there is any way to tell for sure from the outside. You need the slipcover with the exclusive sticker for proof (or to return is it was switched); or go by weight.

WMAangel 06-07-10 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 10198002)
Yeah, I don't think that there is any way to tell for sure from the outside. You need the slipcover with the exclusive sticker for proof (or to return is it was switched); or go by weight.

As you pointed out, someone could have switched (or removed) slipcovers, so that wouldn't actually be any kind of proof.....the only true way to tell from an unopened package is by weight unfortunately....

hindolio 06-07-10 08:47 PM

i see what you are referring to taquito. it appears the blu-ray is rewrapped, as opposed to "factory" shrinked. that might be an indication of it being the target exclusive, but to be certain, you would have to compare the shrink to both the target exclusive and the normal release.

the bestbuy alice in wonderland exclusive has a similar wrap job to the pic you posted. so i do see what you stating. now, is it possible to, like, shine a flashlight on the side of the case so that you might be able to see if there are more than 2 disks in there?

lol the things we do :D

taco5 06-12-10 04:23 PM

Thanks to everyone for the insight! I finally bite the bullet and bought one off ebay that popped up for a good price. I compared it to the one I found at Target by weight. The ebay one was heavier than the Target one. I tried all the suggestions with trying to see if there was four discs in the Target one and only wound up with a headache trying to look at the inside at all different directions and angles with different types of lights! LOL!

Thanks again!

taco5 06-14-10 06:03 PM

Does anyone have a bonus disc for "Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life"? I'd like to know just what is on it.

taco5 06-26-10 07:57 AM

I received my bonus disc this week from the "Lara Croft: The Cradle of Life" DVD. It has a bonus featurette on it called "A behind-the-scenes peek including the secrets of Lara Croft". Anyone know where this bonus disc may have originated from?

Thanks!

Trevor 06-26-10 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 10233416)
I received my bonus disc this week from the "Lara Croft: The Cradle of Life" DVD. It has a bonus featurette on it called "A behind-the-scenes peek including the secrets of Lara Croft". Anyone know where this bonus disc may have originated from?

Thanks!

It's in the first post, Best Buy. At least it sounds like the Best Buy one, 12 minutes long, right?

taco5 06-27-10 07:43 AM

Thanks! I never thought to look there first.

Does anyone have this one:

Bonus DVD with Turistas: Unrated - Animated Graphic Novel (approx. 10 minutes)
Out of Breath: Underwater Productions Featurette (approx. 15 minutes)
It's Not A Movie, It's Real Life: The Making of Turistas (appox. 15 minutes)

jnyahay 07-14-10 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 10234929)
Thanks! I never thought to look there first.

Does anyone have this one:

Bonus DVD with Turistas: Unrated - Animated Graphic Novel (approx. 10 minutes)
Out of Breath: Underwater Productions Featurette (approx. 15 minutes)
It's Not A Movie, It's Real Life: The Making of Turistas (appox. 15 minutes)

Hey Taco I have this one. Whatcha need to know about it?
On a side note, it's nice to see people still posting in this thread. I used to come here often but with the decline in bonus discs, it's been awhile.

taco5 07-14-10 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by jnyahay (Post 10265585)
Hey Taco I have this one. Whatcha need to know about it?
On a side note, it's nice to see people still posting in this thread. I used to come here often but with the decline in bonus discs, it's been awhile.

I'm currently on the hunt for it.

jnyahay 07-14-10 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 10265766)
I'm currently on the hunt for it.

I got mine from Amazon for 9.99 about a year ago. Good luck finding it.
Also, on the list you made of bonus discs you own, the Enchanted bonus disc is from Target and the first Snakes on a Plane bonus disc should be from FYE I believe.
Do you know what is on the Surf's Up bonus disc? Someone is selling one online and i didn't even know one existed.
I've been trying to find the Walmart bonus disc for Munich and the Target bonus disc for Hostage forever now. High wants for me.

taco5 07-19-10 01:08 PM

I just received a bonus disc called "Here's Horton". The seller did not know from where it originated. It has an inside look at "Horton Hears A Who!", games, activities and 4 featurettes. I'm thinking possibly Walmart because it came in a standard size DVD case with artwork. I checked the master list and also a thread search. Anyone? Anyone?

Trevor 07-19-10 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 10274371)
I just received a bonus disc called "Here's Horton". The seller did not know from where it originated. It has an inside look at "Horton Hears A Who!", games, activities and 4 featurettes. I'm thinking possibly Walmart because it came in a standard size DVD case with artwork. I checked the master list and also a thread search. Anyone? Anyone?

Find the release date and then look at the exclusive post for that week. Walmart sounds familiar. Amazon had an exclusive on it too.

Trevor 07-19-10 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 10274371)

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 10274384)
Find the release date and then look at the exclusive post for that week. Walmart sounds familiar. Amazon had an exclusive on it too.

I ended up searching myself. Here's the thread for that week.

Weird, looks like a new find I guess?

I want one. :(

taco5 07-19-10 05:13 PM

Something in the back of my mind tells me that this did not actually come out with "Horton Hears A Who!" but something earlier to help promote the movie. Had to be something Dr. Seuss most likely.

http://images5a.snapfish.com/2323232...85248349nu0mrj

Trevor 07-19-10 05:38 PM

^ Ah, I think you're right, as I'm almost positive I own that disc.

No idea what it came from, if it comes to me I'll let you know.

hindolio 07-20-10 12:17 AM

^ werid - that looks very similar to this:

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/88...73_500X500.jpg

link here:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/9188970

jnyahay 07-20-10 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio (Post 10275551)

Mine came with Mrs. Doubtfire. I remember at the time their was about 4-5 movies that had that particular bonus disc. I think Ice Age was one too.

taco5 07-30-10 09:34 PM

Here's one that I received today that was packaged with "Windtalkers". Just says "Behind the Scenes of Windtalkers". Not sure from what retailer this may have come from. The DVD case is wrapped twice with the bonus disc between the first and second layer. This is NOT part of the 3 disc Director's Cut but packaged with the 2002 bare bones edition. Running time is appox. 11:30.

http://images5a.snapfish.com/2323232...3C976349nu0mrj

Trevor 07-30-10 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 10296302)
Here's one that I received today that was packaged with "Windtalkers". Just says "Behind the Scenes of Windtalkers". Not sure from what retailer this may have come from. The DVD case is wrapped twice with the bonus disc between the first and second layer. This is NOT part of the 3 disc Director's Cut but packaged with the 2002 bare bones edition. Running time is appox. 11:30.

No memory of it here, but I want one!