Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Babel

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-07, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Babel

I just recently watched Babel not to long ago and I really cant understand why everyone loved it so much. I just really thought it was extremely boring and didnt really get anywhere. Can someone kind of help me understand what made this movie so great?
Old 08-02-07, 01:27 AM

Hmmm, hello, welcome to the boards. I'd just like to point out to you for future reference that topics like this should go in the Movie Talk forum instead of this one. This one's for discussing DVD specs, upcoming DVD releases, etc. Not for the movies themselves.

As for your actual question, I'm afraid I can't answer it. I sat down to watch it with my girlfriend earlier in the summer, we watched the first 30 minutes (basically, up until the scene where the Japanese girl shows off her *cough*) and then she got up and turned it off. I haven't gotten around to watching it by myself yet, but judging from the first 30 minutes (where I felt like only one thing happened) the film appeared to be extremely slow...I'm not sure I woulda liked it, but I am curious to see how it all came together and turned out.
Old 08-02-07, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by wilky61
Hmmm, hello, welcome to the boards. I'd just like to point out to you for future reference that topics like this should go in the Movie Talk forum instead of this one. This one's for discussing DVD specs, upcoming DVD releases, etc. Not for the movies themselves.

As for your actual question, I'm afraid I can't answer it. I sat down to watch it with my girlfriend earlier in the summer, we watched the first 30 minutes (basically, up until the scene where the Japanese girl shows off her *cough*) and then she got up and turned it off. I haven't gotten around to watching it by myself yet, but judging from the first 30 minutes (where I felt like only one thing happened) the film appeared to be extremely slow...I'm not sure I woulda liked it, but I am curious to see how it all came together and turned out.

Oh, sorry for misplacing it, im sure someone can move it.

I agree with you. I didnt want to waste my money so I begrudgingly watched through the whole movie and I thought it was just painful. It looked really good in the commercials and I heard a lot of great thing about it. Dissapointing.
Old 08-02-07, 10:59 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lazie, you might also want to check out the Reviews section. Recommendations ranged from "Highly" to "Skip It" so not "everyone" thought it was great.