Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Version 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-07, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Amazon has listings for the individual Royal Rumble Anthology Volumes 1 and 2, with a release date of November 27, 2007. So that's good. No pre-order available yet.
Old 08-13-07, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My fiance and I had all the Blockbuster Exclusives that were released except for Royal Rumble 2007, which we couldn't find anywhere. Today we decided to try a different Blockbuster (after trying about 5), and we finally found a lone copy sitting right in the front. Now we have all the PPVs that Blockbuster released with the bonus discs
Old 08-13-07, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sabrett
My fiance and I had all the Blockbuster Exclusives that were released except for Royal Rumble 2007, which we couldn't find anywhere. Today we decided to try a different Blockbuster (after trying about 5), and we finally found a lone copy sitting right in the front. Now we have all the PPVs that Blockbuster released with the bonus discs
Good job! I stayed on top of it as soon as I found out about the exclusives. I was afraid if I waited that I would miss out. The only one I didn't get was WM 23 BB Exclusive. I settled on the 3 disc set with the tin. I didn't think I would miss out much on the two exclusive extras on that one. I may keep my eye out to see if they sell them previously viewed though. At the right price, I'd buy one like that.
Old 08-14-07, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Speaking of blockbuster exclusives, BigJames should be letting us know about the GAB extra's pretty soon.
Old 08-14-07, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can guarantee that one of the exclusives will be the Battle Royal for the World Title the SD before the Bash and possibly the Kane vs. Batista #1 Contender match.
Old 08-14-07, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I bitched to TNA about my plaque and this is what I got back:

I am sorry that you are not satisfied with the autograph. Is there anythign we can to make your experience with TNA Wrestling's merchandise dept more enjoyable!??
Old 08-14-07, 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Class316
I bitched to TNA about my plaque and this is what I got back:
I am sorry that you are not satisfied with the autograph. Is there anythign we can to make your experience with TNA Wrestling's merchandise dept more enjoyable!??

Old 08-14-07, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Amazon has listings for the individual Royal Rumble Anthology Volumes 1 and 2, with a release date of November 27, 2007. So that's good. No pre-order available yet.
Yes!
Old 08-14-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tell them a free dvd will do the trick. And just say NO to medium kevin nash t-shirts.
Old 08-14-07, 11:29 PM

The GAB bash exclusives are the Battle Royal on Smackdown and The Superstar's thoughts on Cena Vs. Lashley.
Old 08-14-07, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bigjames
The GAB bash exclusives are the Battle Royal on Smackdown and The Superstar's thoughts on Cena Vs. Lashley.

Thanks Bigjames! We'll be picking that one up for sure.
Old 08-15-07, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bigjames
Glad they put the battle royal in. The superstar thoughts xtra, I could do without, It's rather useless. As always, Thanks BigJames.
Old 08-15-07, 08:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anybody notice that both Tough Enough Season 1 and Behind Tough Enough DVDs still carry the scratch WWF logo and still are in print?
Old 08-15-07, 10:53 PM

Im interested in a Great American Bash blockbuster brand new dvd...i would pay good money for it...please contact me [email protected]
Old 08-16-07, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Tough Enough DVDs are put out by MTV so they probably don't have to change anything since they wouldn't have been part of the WWF vs. WWF lawsuit.

Bob
Old 08-16-07, 12:04 PM

The Best RAW and Smackdown Vol.4 - The Return of Batista

In January 2006, Batista had no choice but to surrender the World Heavyweight Championship due to injury. This DVD chronicles the return of Batista after six months and his mission to take revenge on the man who put him out of action and regain his title as World Heavyweight Champion!

SmackDown! (07/07/06)
Batista confronts Mark Henry
The animal is unleashed! After six months on the shelf Batista returns to call out the man who severely injured him: Mark Henry!

Saturday Nightąs Main Event (15/07/06)
Batista, Rey Mysterio & Bobby Lashley vs. King Booker, Finlay & Mark Henry
Batista's first match back and a chance to send a message to the rest of the SmackDown superstars that the Animal is back!

SmackDown! (04/08/06)
Batista vs. Mr. Kennedy
Weeks prior, Mr. Kennedy had beaten Batista by DQ and count out but in this third encounter will Batista finally catch his prey?

SmackDown! (25/08/06)
Batista & Bobby Lashley vs. King Booker, William Regal & Finlay
Just one week after facing King Booker at SummerSlam, Batista teams up with Lashley to take on Booker and his "royal knights."

SmackDown! (13/10/06)
Batista vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Finlay
All three men do battle for the right to face the World Heavyweight Champion. With King Booker at ringside and Finlay's leprechaun under the ring, can Batista pull it off?

SmackDown! (27/10/06)
Batista & John Cena vs. Big Show & King Booker
Batista teams up with the WWE Champion to take on the World Heavyweight Champion and the ECW Champion in a red hot SmackDown main event!

SmackDown! (10/11/06)
Batista vs. Finlay
Finlay has been a constant thorn in the side of Batista in his quest to regain the World Heavyweight Championship. Will Batista finally be able to finish off the fighting Irishman?
Old 08-16-07, 03:06 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but I was looking in the new diva magazine yesterday and noticed that F.Y.E. has an exclusive SummerSlam tin dvd coming out.
Old 08-16-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but I was looking in the new diva magazine yesterday and noticed that F.Y.E. has an exclusive SummerSlam tin dvd coming out.
Ooh Nice.
Old 08-16-07, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
The UK has the steel book version which is for pre order on Silvervision now. The Royal Rumble steel book was nothing special but I will still add the Summerslam steel book to my collection.
Old 08-16-07, 07:24 PM
Cool New Member

I don't know if anybody is intrested in indy wrestling, but Absolute Intense Wrestling is this sweet indy in Cleveland, Ohio. They have a blowout sale right now on DVDs on their website, $10 bucks free shipping. They have DVDs with New Jack, Tyler Black (From MTV), "Sweet & Sour" Larry Sweeney, Low-Ki (Senshi in TNA), Sonjay Dutt, "MDogg20" Matt Cross from ROH, plus alot more. I just figured I would tell you guys. Thanks for all the info in this thread, it's so useful, when no sites really post Wrestling DVD news.
Old 08-17-07, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got the TNA 14 title special today. I ordered it on Friday the 10th, it shipped on Monday the 13th, and Fed Ex tried to deliver it yesterday at 8 in the morning... unfortunately, my store doesn't open until 11, and the earliest any other store here opens is 9, so they tried again today (at 11:30).

Of the 14 titles, there were two 3-packs. The Wal-Mart "Epic Anthology" exclusive of Victory Road 04, Turning Point 04 and Lockdown 05, and another 3-pack (dunno if it was exclusive somewhere or not) called the "Triple Threat Set" of Hard Justice 05, Slammiversary 05 and No Surrender 05.

So I'd have to say that it's the autographed items that TNA has a problem with, and probably because they advertise the items before the individual wrestlers actually sign the items... and as an avid autograph collector, I can tell you that it's always a long wait when a company sends a person a stack of items to sign. They might do 5 or 10 a day at most, depending on their schedule... and I'm sure a pro wrestler's schedule is pretty damn hectic.
Old 08-18-07, 05:41 AM

What's up, short time reader, first time poster. I'm a big DVD collector, and it's great to find a resource like this, where people are as interested in DVDs as I am.

Incase anyone needed them-TNA is putting up the "Originals" for sale again this week-the first 3 DVDs they ever released: The original "Bloodiest Brawls", the original "Best of X Division Matches", and the original "Best of NWA TNA Title Matches". No idea on pricing.

Personally I have all 3, but if the price is right, may pick up another set.

Onto some other stuff: I went to my local Best Buy yesterday, and spotted:

-Mid South Wrestling's -Giants Midgets Hero's and Villains $17.99
-TNA Slammiversary 2007 (street date is next Tuesday) $14.99

I was shocked to see the Mid South title there, I picked it up but haven't watched it yet. Will get Slammiversary sometime over the next week or 2, after I pick up GAB next Tuesday.
Old 08-18-07, 09:41 AM

If that's true about the first three dvds, I'm going to be pissed if they cost less than $100. I had to get that stupid package with the autographs that I have no use for because they said that "THESE DVDS WILL NEVER BE ON SALE AGAIN!".
Old 08-18-07, 10:48 AM

Yeah I was googling, and saw that special from a few months back. It did say they wouldn't be available again.

I think their whole "Don West" gimmick is ridiculous. On the website, they credit it by saying "Thanks to Don West, starting this week the TNA “Originals” DVDs will be available for purchase on ShopTNA.com."

Obviously, they're playing off his salesman rep, but it's a bit out of hand now. Phony suspensions for 'extreme price cutting' and so on, it's ridiculous.

Not to mention, when I emailed them about the 04/05 PPV DVD special being sold out, the response said "I'm sorry that happened to you, I'll ask Don and see what he wants to do about it".

Like ol' "D-W" has anything to do with it. Ugh.

TNA gives me WCW Flashbacks sometimes!
Old 08-18-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think the 3 Original DVDs will be priced for $99, i am guessing $150-$200.

When i received my Slammiversary package i noticed that the 3 original DVDs are actually not the original 2 disc sets that were released in 2003 but are only 1 disc (around 3hrs 30 minutes on each disc which means picture quality will suffer a bit) but i noticed on the disc itself for the Best of X-Division the year says 2005 while the Bloodiest Brawls says 2003 (i haven't opened the Title matches since i have the 2 disc one already and i assume the one in the package is a 1 disc)

When they said only 800 of the Bloodiest Brawls were available i am guessing they mean the 2 disc print and not the 1 disc re-print that TNA were selling in the Slammiversary package and on ShopTNA soon. But its still a great collectible along with the Original X Division and Title Matches.

The covers are unaltered and even the spine doesn't have the TNA Home Video symbol.

Off Topic: I noticed on that auction site someone is selling off a brand new WMXX/RAW Homecoming DVD package combo, just to let people who are looking for it. RAW Homecoming has become one of the rarest WWE DVDs ever produced.

Last edited by sg2386; 08-18-07 at 03:12 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.