Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Family Guy: Freakin' Party Pack ----> 10/30/07

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-07, 02:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Family Guy: Freakin' Party Pack ----> 10/30/07

Tvshowsondvd.com is reporting that FOX is going to release Volumes 1-5 of the series plus Stewie Griffin - The Untold Story on a bundle packaging that is going to include many goodies, such as ping pong paddles and balls. More info on the set here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7672
Old 07-17-07, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meh, i own the seasons b4 it went off the air. to me those are the only funny ones/worth owning.
Old 07-17-07, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by uncle-frank
meh, i own the seasons b4 it went off the air. to me those are the only funny ones/worth owning.
I have those and the one after they came back, and I agree with you.
Old 07-18-07, 01:38 AM

why now? i mean, i guess it's going to be released in time for holiday season, but why not just wait until the series is over for a complete box set?
Old 07-18-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess I'm in the opposite boat of all of you. I love Family Guy and American Dad to pieces. However, since I already own all the sets, there's absolutely no reason for me to purchase this collection.
Old 07-18-07, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have no interest in the show, please refrain from posting.

I would totally get this if I didn't already have the first three volumes. I still need to pick up Vol 4-5, and the Stewie dvd, but I honestly can't see having much use for the poker chips or ping pong set. If it came with a "chicken fight" statue or something, that would be cool.
Old 07-18-07, 10:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mod note: It was just easier to delete all the instead of trying to comment on it individually. As dadaluholla said, reminding everyone of the rules, if you don't like a show don't post.
Old 07-18-07, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the newer episodes more than the old, but $150 is a bit much.

I'd much rather have whatever volume will contain the more recent episode "Meet the Quagmires".
Old 08-17-07, 11:06 PM
Banned

Case for the party pack can be seen here:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ily-guy10.html
Old 08-17-07, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by shyguy1083
why now? i mean, i guess it's going to be released in time for holiday season, but why not just wait until the series is over for a complete box set?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The box set looks pretty cool though. I'll pass though. I'm not a fan of the show and if I find the need to watch it I can always catch it on syndication.
Old 08-18-07, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

me like case! me buy!
Old 08-18-07, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Further Details:
Fox Home Entertainment has announced the Family Guy Freakin’ Party Pack which features over 90 episodes of the hit series, including the straight-to-DVD feature Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story. The 18-disc package will be available to own from the 30th October, and should retail at around $149.98. As well as the extra material on the five volumes included, the giftset will also include an exclusive bonus disc. This will include 24 Deleted Scenes from Season 3, an Inside-The-Recording-Booth featurette, guest star interviews, storyboards, and more. The party continues with a “Family Guy” themed ping-pong set including paddles, a net and balls and 100 themed poker chips with two sets of playing cards, all in a collectible carrying case.
Sounds like that bonus disc from American Dad is included too!
Old 08-18-07, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well too bad I already own the seasons/volumes already
Old 08-18-07, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn, I love Family Guy and all, but what the hell?

I'll wait for the show to have ended production before I pick up a Complete Series set.
Old 08-18-07, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd love to get the bonus disc, but I own all of the seasons already (except vol 5 ).
Old 08-19-07, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468
Damn, I love Family Guy and all, but what the hell?

I'll wait for the show to have ended production before I pick up a Complete Series set.
Since I’m not aloud to threadcrap or have an opinion I’d just tell you that by the time Family Guy ends production, you’ll be 95 years old.

The show is FOX’s #1 animated show in terms of ratings & it is cheap to produce.
Old 08-19-07, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

At the risk of being accused of threadcrapping, this set is complete BS. Release a bunch of crap that fans of the show already own, and then throw in a couple bonus features and slap a $150 price tag on it?

It'd be one thing if it were a "complete series until now" release with bonus items, and fans could get rid of their old season sets. That's what I was hoping for when I read the title, as I always like to get rid of multiple box sets and condense everything down to one package.

Originally Posted by nateman241
Since I’m not aloud to threadcrap or have an opinion
You should probably change your way of wording things since that could almost be taken as calling out a mod, a big no-no around here. I don't know what you said previously, but if you disagree with a mod's action on it you should take it up with them in private and not with snarky comments in the thread. That only asks for more trouble.

The show is FOX’s #1 animated show in terms of ratings & it is cheap to produce.
I don't know about ratings, but I'd wager that Simpsons is still the #1 overall show for FOX, and will still be going after Family Guy gets cancelled again.
Old 08-19-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
I was worried that there was a different exclusive disc, thankfully after reading the specs, I have it when I bought American Dad last year.
Old 08-20-07, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Looks nice but already have 1-4 on DVD.
Old 08-20-07, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
At the risk of being accused of threadcrapping, this set is complete BS. Release a bunch of crap that fans of the show already own, and then throw in a couple bonus features and slap a $150 price tag on it?

It'd be one thing if it were a "complete series until now" release with bonus items, and fans could get rid of their old season sets. That's what I was hoping for when I read the title, as I always like to get rid of multiple box sets and condense everything down to one package.

You should probably change your way of wording things since that could almost be taken as calling out a mod, a big no-no around here. I don't know what you said previously, but if you disagree with a mod's action on it you should take it up with them in private and not with snarky comments in the thread. That only asks for more trouble.

I don't know about ratings, but I'd wager that Simpsons is still the #1 overall show for FOX, and will still be going after Family Guy gets cancelled again.
I wasn’t calling out any mod (sorry if I offended any mods), it’s just so, so hard not to threadcrap on Family Guy.

The Simpsons still gets around 7 million viewers a week but in the .00’s, Family Guy slightly beats out The Simpsons in the ratings, thus making it the highest animated comedy on Fox in terms of ratings. In terms of quality, King of the Hill is #1, but it’s the lowest rated, in terms of the Nielsen ratings.

Just check out the Primetime TV ratings thread when the fall season starts & you’ll see that Family Guy gets the biggest ratings. Although that might change due to the highly successful movie version of, The Simpsons.
Old 08-20-07, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn’t calling out any mod (sorry if I offended any mods), it’s just so, so hard not to threadcrap on Family Guy.
Its easy, if you see a Family Guy thread, don't open it. No one forces you to read every thread.
Old 08-20-07, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

The Simpsons still gets around 7 million viewers a week but in the .00’s, Family Guy slightly beats out The Simpsons in the ratings, thus making it the highest animated comedy on Fox in terms of ratings. In terms of quality, King of the Hill is #1, but it’s the lowest rated, in terms of the Nielsen ratings.

Just check out the Primetime TV ratings thread when the fall season starts & you’ll see that Family Guy gets the biggest ratings. Although that might change due to the highly successful movie version of, The Simpsons.
You have indicated countless of times that you don't like Family Guy, then why are you here commenting on the DVD release of this show???

This thread is not a discussion about the quality of the show but on the DVD release, so if you are not interested on the show, stay out of the thread.
Old 08-20-07, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange

To get back on topic, I agree with the above statement. I'm missing Volume 4 and the upcoming Volume 5 but there's no way that I'm thinking of double dipping with the price of the set.
Old 08-20-07, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I just sold all four volumes recently on eBay, so I may pick this up after all....I like the packaging and the extra things as well.
Old 08-20-07, 10:58 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Quack
I just sold all four volumes recently on eBay, so I may pick this up after all....I like the packaging and the extra things as well.
I would do the same if they was any new material besides the toys, but it sounds like the discs will be the exact same as the sets and the American Dad bonus disc.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.