Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Veronica Mars: The final Season --> October 23, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-07, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Veronica Mars: The final Season --> October 23, 2007

I can't believe there isn't already a post on this.

TVshowsondvd.com has posted the press release for the third and final season of 'Veronica Mars.'

And it looks like where finally getting some special features worthy of the show:
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes w/ Rob Thomas Intro
- CW Webdocs with Cast Interviews and Set Tours
- Featurette w/ Creator Rob Thomas discussing the third season
- Featurette about the potential fourth season with Veronica as an FBI rookie

Personally, I'm buying the set first and foremost for the 'Veronica FBI' featurette. Too bad there arn't any commentaries though. Hopefully if Warner Brothers ever does a complete series, they include an extra disc or two with featurettes and a handful of commentaries...
Old 06-30-07, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still no commentaries?!? That's not just "too bad", that there is a consummate disgrace.

Oh, well, I'll still buy it as soon as the video store opens at 10:00. (9:45 is they open early).

Unless, of course, they announce an HD edition between now and then. Or if I haven't bankrupted myself buying every other TV show that comes out a month earlier.
Old 06-30-07, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I'll be getting this.
Old 06-30-07, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Totally bizarre about the dearth of commentaries. You'd think Rob Thomas would have a few things to talk about...

I really, really, really hope the 4th season trailer is included in its entirety.
Old 07-01-07, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm definitely excited about this and I really hope that the show gets a fourth season. I gotta get my fix somehow and I can only watch the DVD's so many times.
Old 07-01-07, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dayewalker
I'm definitely excited about this and I really hope that the show gets a fourth season. I gotta get my fix somehow and I can only watch the DVD's so many times.
Unfortunately it was officially canceled a couple weeks ago. Kristin Bell has taken a role as the narrator on 'Gossip Girl.' Logan is a regular on 'Moonlight,' Piz is in 'Private Practice' and the show runner is now incharge is ABC's midseason comedy "Miss Guided."

The creator has expressed interest in continuing the story in comic form (a la 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'), but thats a few years off.
Old 07-01-07, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm still pissed about the cancellation. This was my favorite ****ing TV show.

Oh well, I'll be at the store at opening time to pick up a copy.
Old 07-01-07, 02:16 AM

There's unofficial word that DC/Wildstorm will be doing a comic version this fall. I'd prefer seeing Kristin Bell in a live action medium, but it's better than nothing. Also a big fan of this show.
Old 07-01-07, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is the box art, not that bad. . .

Old 07-01-07, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd
Unfortunately it was officially canceled a couple weeks ago. Kristin Bell has taken a role as the narrator on 'Gossip Girl.' Logan is a regular on 'Moonlight,' Piz is in 'Private Practice' and the show runner is now incharge is ABC's midseason comedy "Miss Guided."

The creator has expressed interest in continuing the story in comic form (a la 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'), but thats a few years off.

Thanks for the info! I had heard about the official cancellation but I was still hoping maybe there was a chance. I hadn't heard about the comics however and I am intrigued.

Why do all the good shows seem to get cancelled after 2 or 3 seasons? It seems like every show that I start watching ends up being cancelled before I can even catch up.
Old 07-01-07, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah that TV Shows On DVD logo makes for a GREAT Veronica Mars cover

Old 07-01-07, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Dayewalker
Why do all the good shows seem to get cancelled after 2 or 3 seasons? It seems like every show that I start watching ends up being cancelled before I can even catch up.
Well, in the case of Veronica Mars, it wasn't for lack of trying by the network. They supported the show through 3 seasons even though it routinely ranked in the Bottom 10 in ratings. People simply did not watch the show.
Old 07-01-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, UPN deserves credit -- any other network would've dumped the show after the second episode.

I just don't understand why the box isn't plastered with quotes from Stephen King, Joss Whedon, and Kevin Smith saying how great the show is. That would certainly boost DVD sales
Old 07-02-07, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Yeah, UPN deserves credit -- any other network would've dumped the show after the second episode.

I just don't understand why the box isn't plastered with quotes from Stephen King, Joss Whedon, and Kevin Smith saying how great the show is. That would certainly boost DVD sales
For some reason, Warner Brothers and Buena Vista likes to put those quotes inside the case, lol
Old 07-02-07, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
I really, really, really hope the 4th season trailer is included in its entirety.
Me too. From the sound of it, seems like it might be just a five-minute featurette showing them filming the trailer and talking about it, or at least that's the impression I get. But I want to see the trailer itself as presented to the CW execs. Although if they do include it completely, and it ends up being AWESOME, I'm gonna be even more pissed they passed on a 4th season.
Old 07-02-07, 07:50 AM

The Rule of Primetime TV: If a show is good chance's are it will either get cancelled 3 episodes in or last a couple of seasons then get cancelled or with a show like Scrubs or Newsradio, It barely makes it on the air season after season.
Old 07-02-07, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I'll be getting this. Also, on the shows myspace page they've put some funny skits with the cast on over the past season. I hope those show-up somewhere on the dvd's.

Also, if there is possibly an extended scene of Logan whupping on Piz that would be a plus.
Old 10-17-07, 11:33 AM

I sincerely doubt it, but for my own good I need to ask -- anyone know if there will be any exclusives with this anywhere next week?
Old 10-17-07, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone see the new Hot Pockets commercial featuring the actor that played Wallace?

Sad stuff.

cheers,

-the Jesus
Old 10-17-07, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ooh, I did. Poor guy.
Old 10-17-07, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ya know what's awesome? monday night kristen bell will be in her first episode of heroes and then tuesday morning i get to buy season 3 and watch it for the first time.
Old 10-17-07, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by yourlocalcinema
I sincerely doubt it, but for my own good I need to ask -- anyone know if there will be any exclusives with this anywhere next week?
nothing for best buy. price will be $37.99, but the ad doesn't state any type of promo/exclusive. i thought best buy would've been the most likely candidate for an exclusive, but it seems like this new release may just quietly come and go... here's hoping target or even ccity will have SOMETHING.

Anyone see the new Hot Pockets commercial featuring the actor that played Wallace?

Sad stuff.
saw it. got a bit depressed. guess at least he's got SOME work, but sad to see he hasn't gotten more series work.
Old 10-18-07, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone see the guy who played Cassidy/Beaver on SVU last week. He played a 15 year old addicted to sex who raped his teacher (mellisa joan heart_
Old 10-18-07, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Anyone see the guy who played Cassidy/Beaver on SVU last week. He played a 15 year old addicted to sex who raped his teacher (mellisa joan heart_
He's been typecast as a screwed up psycho teen. He played a Columbine type teen who went on a killing spree at a mall on Cold Case last season.
Old 10-18-07, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
He's been typecast as a screwed up psycho teen. He played a Columbine type teen who went on a killing spree at a mall on Cold Case last season.
In addition to Season 2 of VM...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.