Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Veronica Mars: The final Season --> October 23, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-07, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahaha, I've been waiting for the "pilot" to appear on youtube. I'll have to catch it when I get home this evening...

Although I kinda dont' want to watch it because its the last official cannon of "Veronica Mars" that will probably be produced .
Old 10-24-07, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You do want to watch it. And you will want to stand up and scream at the very end.
Old 10-24-07, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by rmick
I'll be watching this thread since I am also waiting for S3 to dip to $20.
Me too. I bought the first two seasons on their release days and promptly watched them, but I'm going to wait on this one.
Old 10-24-07, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tenacious D
Me too. I bought the first two seasons on their release days and promptly watched them, but I'm going to wait on this one.
Count me in as well.
Old 10-24-07, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i love kristen bell to death and i think i might have to wait as well for the price drop. i think it's because i know that this is the end of veronica mars.
Old 10-24-07, 09:03 PM

So I watched the pilot. Very good premise, but definately didn't fit with the typical CW mold and Kirsten Bell kinda felt out of place. I am annoyed that while the show really didn't end on that big of a cliff-hanger, this definately did!
Old 10-25-07, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Season 4 Pitch was alright. Those that couldn't get over the lack of closure for the series will probably do this at the end, though:

Followed by:

And finish it up with:

Honestly, while it would have been better than nothing, I'm not sure I would have liked them skipping ahead to her in the FBI as much. Like the creators said, I would have preferred it for Season 7 or 8, instead of missing out on those 3-4 years.

Yet another reason why I hate The CW.
Old 10-25-07, 02:01 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
If you don't want to wait to watch the Season 4 pilot:

Part 1 (6:26) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI8PI8y_-M8
Part 2 (5:48) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx89YbMasKU
Damn thanx that was fantastic
Old 10-25-07, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468
The Season 4 Pitch was alright. Those that couldn't get over the lack of closure for the series will probably do this at the end, though:

Followed by:

And finish it up with:

Honestly, while it would have been better than nothing, I'm not sure I would have liked them skipping ahead to her in the FBI as much. Like the creators said, I would have preferred it for Season 7 or 8, instead of missing out on those 3-4 years.

Yet another reason why I hate The CW.

In all honestly we cannot blame the CW. This show got so many chances its not even funny, and when it finally came down to it the viewers just weren't there and productions costs go too expensive. I mean I remember for a time how this was the lowest-rated drama on television. The fact it got even 3 years it pretty amazing.
Old 10-25-07, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by critterdvd
So I watched the pilot. Very good premise, but definately didn't fit with the typical CW mold and Kirsten Bell kinda felt out of place. I am annoyed that while the show really didn't end on that big of a cliff-hanger, this definately did!
It's a shame VM didn't get its FBI season, I would have gladly watched a 4th season of VM in her rookie FBI year.
Old 10-25-07, 04:20 PM

They passed that EXCELLENT pitch up for crap like "Life Is Wild"?

The demise of The CW can't come quickly enough.
Old 10-25-07, 04:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that pilot was great. too bad the CW wouldn't even give it 7-8eps. to see how it could have went.
Old 11-14-07, 08:49 PM

Is this show worth a blind buy? Amazon has season 1 and 2 for $15 each and I liked Kristen Bell on Heroes, and heard how great this show is. For reference, few other shows I like: Scrubs, The Office, Heroes, LOST, How I Met Your Mother, Always Sunny in Philadelphia.......
Old 11-14-07, 09:02 PM
Zee

Originally Posted by king3style
Is this show worth a blind buy? Amazon has season 1 and 2 for $15 each and I liked Kristen Bell on Heroes, and heard how great this show is. For reference, few other shows I like: Scrubs, The Office, Heroes, LOST, How I Met Your Mother, Always Sunny in Philadelphia.......
YES! You will love it!
Old 11-15-07, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Absolutely. Go and give it a chance. I did (for $20 at Best Buy last year), and I haven't regretted it.
Old 11-15-07, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
trust me, you'll fall in love with kristen bell after about 3 episodes.
Old 11-15-07, 08:02 AM

Okay, So i ordered season 1 & 2 from Amazon. I'm already crushing on Kristen Bell after I saw her on Heroes. That's kind of what sparked my interest in Veronica Mars. Hope I like the series. Lot of people say it's good.
Old 11-15-07, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, So i ordered season 1 & 2 from Amazon. I'm already crushing on Kristen Bell after I saw her on Heroes. That's kind of what sparked my interest in Veronica Mars. Hope I like the series. Lot of people say it's good.
I have a strong feeling you'll love it. Bell is fantastic.

I personally didn't like the first episode the first time I watched it. I think that they just threw too much at the viewer at once -- characters, affiliations, situations, etc. But I'm so glad I stuck with it.
Old 11-15-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by critterdvd
Although I kinda dont' want to watch it because its the last official cannon of "Veronica Mars" that will probably be produced .
Aren't they doing a comic book, like Buffy did?

cheers,

-the Jesus
Old 11-16-07, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cupcake jesus
Aren't they doing a comic book, like Buffy did?

cheers,

-the Jesus
Both a comic and a possible movie are rumored. Nothing is confirmed (especially with the movie; the comic seems more likely, although both Rob Thomas and Kristen Bell have said that they would be willing to revive the character).
Old 11-20-07, 07:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is there going to be a DVDTalk review for Season 3? Just wondering since it's been almost a month since the set came out, yet meanwhile I just saw a review here for Season 6 of "24" that doesn't come out until next month. I know it can get hectic this time of year; I'm still catching up on watching my purchased season sets.
Old 12-12-07, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by bboisvert
I have a strong feeling you'll love it. Bell is fantastic.

I personally didn't like the first episode the first time I watched it. I think that they just threw too much at the viewer at once -- characters, affiliations, situations, etc. But I'm so glad I stuck with it.
Okay. So thanks for recommending Veronica Mars everybody. Im on the last disc of Season 1 and love it. Kristen Bell is fantastic. Too bad it was canceled. Can't wait to see the rest of Season 1-3. Only thing I am dreading is I know I will probably be left hanging on some things that are unresolved by the end of season 3.
Old 12-12-07, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm in the minority in that I didn't mind the loose ends at the end of season 3 at all. I thought they wrapped up everything that needed wrapping up and what was left I was happy to fill in with my imagination.
Old 12-12-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by WallyOPD
I'm in the minority in that I didn't mind the loose ends at the end of season 3 at all. I thought they wrapped up everything that needed wrapping up and what was left I was happy to fill in with my imagination.
I ended up getting the first season as a birthday gift from my wife at the start of October and after we finished the set together we promptly went out and bought seasons 2 and 3 the same day. Took forever to finish the first set since my wife isn't a night person like myself. I would often watch 4 episodes after she went to bed and then the next night when she got home from work I would re-watch a few of those episodes with her and then after she fell asleep I would skip ahead again.

As far as the way season 3 ended....I was pretty pleased with it.
Spoiler:
She had a bad habit of screwing over friends and her father in order to do her "job". I thought the end of the season was a perfect fit for someone who always put work first so many times at the expense of hurting the people close to her.