Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

RE: Upcoming Terminator Lenticular Re-release.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

RE: Upcoming Terminator Lenticular Re-release.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-07, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have the Terminator/Robocop double feature? I noticed its $7.50 at Target this week. My question is the disc a flipper with each movie on one side, or is it two discs. Amazon says its 2 discs, but they have been wrong before.
Old 06-08-07, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Yavin
Better to wait for the limited edition 2-disc steelbook release coming in August.
Are you talking about Terminator or Robocop here?
Old 06-08-07, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Shinobi
Are you talking about Terminator or Robocop here?
I was talking about Terminator, but if there is a new 2 disc coming out I'd wait.
Old 06-08-07, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DoubleDownAgain
I was talking about Terminator, but if there is a new 2 disc coming out I'd wait.
I was talking about Robocop because the posts above yours were talking about Robocop, so I assumed you were
Old 06-09-07, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

To clarify:
ROBOCOP is getting the 2 disc treatment in August, not Terminator.

It's for the 20th anniversary of RoboCop's release.

P.S. The RoboCop / Terminator double feature set is 2 discs in slimcases with a slipcover. I've seen it in stores many times.
Old 06-09-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CertifiedTHX
But if the cover is all that's unique about this... must resist... must resist....
Turns out, this was easy to resist. When I found that the lenticular cover was just masking the same DVD currently in release, I lost interest. Felt like a cheap ploy to get people to buy again something they already have, just so they could get a fancy cover. Wasn't even all that impressive to me.

The one for Independence Day was okay, but I still have the lenticular card that came with the VHS in 1996, and this was more-or-less the same. No big deal. Happy to pass on both and save my money for something I don't have. Happy to say no to Malibu Stacy with a new hat.

--THX
Old 06-10-07, 01:27 AM

Thanks Yavin, I don't have robocop so i'll be looking for that one later.

I was at HMV today (canada) and saw the Terminator lenticular cover for $10, I was thinking f getting it but it wasn't the SE but the barebones edition. So I passed of course.
Old 06-10-07, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
are these lenticular slip sleeve shrink wrapped?

just buy it remove the slip then return the dvd.
Old 06-10-07, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So lame. They should put a warning label on the cover. Not fair to make people think that it's a new edition.

Only dorks like us who hang out on these sites would know before hitting the store.
Old 06-10-07, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Unless you're a lenticular fanatic, there's absolutely no reason to get this release with the Anniversary steelbook coming out later this year. I took a quick peak at that Terminator edition, unslipped the lenticular cover off and, lo and behold, the old edition! Plus, the lenticular wasn't terribly impressive anyway.
Old 06-10-07, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Unless you're a lenticular fanatic, there's absolutely no reason to get this release with the Anniversary steelbook coming out later this year. I took a quick peak at that Terminator edition, unslipped the lenticular cover off and, lo and behold, the old edition! Plus, the lenticular wasn't terribly impressive anyway.
LO and behold its been stated at page 1 of this thread
Old 06-11-07, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by CertifiedTHX
Turns out, this was easy to resist. When I found that the lenticular cover was just masking the same DVD currently in release, I lost interest.

--THX
Ditto
Old 06-12-07, 06:11 PM
Cool New Member

I am happy with the Terminator ultimate edition. Rather good release!
Old 06-12-07, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Hey guys, I didn't want to start an entirely new Terminator DVD thread just for this, but I was wondering which is generally considered the better release - The Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition or the Terminator 2: Extreme Edition? I'm not much of an audio/videophile so the main thing I'm concerned about are features. Furthermore, does anyone have any idea where I can find the special edition (with the holo cover and assload of extras) of the first Terminator movie? I've never seen it anywhere, so it must be long out of print, right?
Old 06-13-07, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get the Extreme Edition. Better picture quality. The previous release's dts is a nice plus, but the difference between the dts and the DD on the Extreme Edition is negligible. The Extreme Edition also has a proper commentary from James Cameron, which is very nice.

Run a search, there were a few topics devoted to this when teh Extreme Edition was announced.
Old 06-13-07, 10:46 AM

I got the Extreme Edition for $8 Canadian on sale once a few months ago.

I haven't seen an actual SE DVD of the first one in years, it's always been the bare bones one.
Old 06-13-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Tarantinoholic
Hey guys, I didn't want to start an entirely new Terminator DVD thread just for this, but I was wondering which is generally considered the better release - The Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition or the Terminator 2: Extreme Edition? I'm not much of an audio/videophile so the main thing I'm concerned about are features. Furthermore, does anyone have any idea where I can find the special edition (with the holo cover and assload of extras) of the first Terminator movie? I've never seen it anywhere, so it must be long out of print, right?
If you decide upon the UE then email me and we can work out a good deal as I'm not much of a features guy anymore. I have the metal case.

Last edited by Class316; 06-13-07 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-13-07, 02:00 PM

Please clarify: this release is just a re-packaging of the bare-bones edition that came out in 2004, but with the transfer from the 2001 SE?