DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   All SAW editions (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/499990-all-saw-editions.html)

LosingMyMind 11-06-08 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by howwon (Post 8649594)
SAW IV 2-Disc Unrated & Uncensored Special Edition R2 NL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...saw4-2disc.jpg

Release date: May 29, 2008
More blood on the cover than the Sweden version.

This makes nine SAW Steelbooks. :toast:

I have that steelbook. It has about an hour of interviews and extra behind the scenes that aren't on the US release.

xage 11-09-08 10:16 PM

Out of 4 Walmarts near my place, only one carries the exclusive Trilogy , also added in the image below were the T.W.E.C. Film Cell offer (which similar to Bestbuy's SAW IV Exclusive back in Feb.) and the SAW V DVD EPK

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0/SAWIV_08.jpg
* Walmart's SAW trilogy is fullscreen only

xage 11-29-08 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by snausages
Hey Xage,

Do you have this one too? Didn't see it posted in the pics...

Saw 4 Limited Motorised Edition

Originally Posted by snausages (Post 8663864)
ah ok :) I heard it's really cool. One of these days I might just jump in and get the Jigsaw Puppet head Saw 1-3 & the Region 2 Saw 4 Motorised if it is still available then. Too bad I missed out on the Hot Topic one! Looks amazing.

I think you got a great collection! Keep collecting!

Lionsgate might bring the cool motorized SAW package concept for SAW 5

*** credit to kfelon from another forum-handling down the news released at Fangoria

SAW V DVDetails

Lionsgate Home Entertainment sent along the cover art seen below for its DVD release of SAW V

SAW V will be available on DVD in rated fullscreen and unrated widescreen versions, plus the limited Collector’s Edition seen here, with special packaging similar to the series’ previous installment. The rated disc will come with just the theatrical trailer, while the unrated will be fully loaded with:

• Audio commentary by director David Hackl and 1st assistant director Steve Webb

• Audio commentary by producers Mark Burg and Oren Koules and executive producers Peter Block and Jason Constantine

• The Pendulum Trap featurette

• The Cube Trap featurette

• The Coffin Trap featurette

• The Fatal Five featurette

• Slicing the Cube: Editing the Cube Trap featurette

• Theatrical trailer

There will also be a Blu-ray release with all those extras, plus a second disc containing a standard-definition copy of the movie. Retail price is $29.95 for the DVD, $39.99 for the Blu-ray.

Rammsteinfan 11-29-08 11:43 AM

Oh yes, the collectors edition will be mine. Thanks for the pic! Cant wait for Jan. Now only if we could get our 2 disc version of IV :(

xage 12-01-08 08:59 PM

yeah.. having the buzz saw - saw v packaging looks awesome!

ShadyLPete 12-02-08 04:02 PM

I wanna get 1-3 on BD, but I realized that 1 & 3 arn't the same as the 2-disc DVD editions. Saw 2 however, IS the uncut version. So whats up with that?

Matthew Chmiel 12-03-08 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete (Post 9106784)
I wanna get 1-3 on BD, but I realized that 1 & 3 arn't the same as the 2-disc DVD editions. Saw 2 however, IS the uncut version. So whats up with that?

Because Lionsgate (along with all of the other studios) had no idea how to initially embrace the format.

NSFW (due to violence):

- Differences between the R-rated cut of Saw (what's on Blu-ray) and the unrated cut (only available on the two-disc DVD): http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=2176

- Differences between the R-rated cut of Saw III and the unrated cut (which is on Blu-ray): http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=3699

- Differences between that unrated cut and the director's cut (only available on the two-disc DVD): http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4495

taco5 12-31-08 08:55 PM

Saw V Exclusives?

Has anyone heard of any exclusives for the release of "Saw V"?

LosingMyMind 01-01-09 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 9166867)
Has anyone heard of any exclusives for the release of "Saw V"?

Wait another week.

taco5 01-15-09 08:25 AM

Re: All SAW editions

I cannot believe the lack of exclusives for "Saw V' next week. Especially from Best Buy. Only a measly keychain from Circuit City! I'm sure overseas will have some kind a cool exclusives!

Is the Collector's Edition 1 or 2 disc? Anyone know? I've heard 2 disc but all the e-tailers are showing 1 disc.

LosingMyMind 01-15-09 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 9199735)
I cannot believe the lack of exclusives for "Saw V' next week. Especially from Best Buy. Only a measly keychain from Circuit City! I'm sure overseas will have some kind a cool exclusives!

Is the Collector's Edition 1 or 2 disc? Anyone know? I've heard 2 disc but all the e-tailers are showing 1 disc.

It's 1 disc. The BD is 2 discs, but doesn't include any special features not on the CE.

taco5 01-15-09 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind (Post 9200653)
It's 1 disc. The BD is 2 discs, but doesn't include any special features not on the CE.

Thaks for the clarification. Looks like a double dip in the future then. Probably when the next installment comes out in October '09.

LosingMyMind 01-15-09 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 9200673)
Thaks for the clarification. Looks like a double dip in the future then. Probably when the next installment comes out in October '09.

I guess on the commentary for V, they mention releasing a chronological cut of all of the films "as early as next year." The comentary was recorded in 08, so I guess it means 09. I won't hold my breath for that release anytime soon.

MrStayPuft 01-15-09 02:30 PM

Chronological cut? Does that mean you'll be watching III and IV at the same time?

SkipKassidy 01-15-09 02:50 PM

Yeah I don't know how a chronological cut would even work. At least on Blu-ray they could include a picture-in-picture option that would allow you to alternate from one on-going action to another.

Giles 01-15-09 03:10 PM

I thought at one point there was talk about another "extended" cut of Saw IV, I think it was mentioned in the commentary track of said disc?

LosingMyMind 01-15-09 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Giles (Post 9200992)
I thought at one point there was talk about another "extended" cut of Saw IV, I think it was mentioned in the commentary track of said disc?

You are correct, and we have yet to see that. That's why I'm not holding my breath for the chronological cut.

DeanoBKN 01-16-09 02:14 AM

I don't know how I feel about a chronological cut of the movie, kinda takes all the fun out of watching the series (ending each one on a twist)

LosingMyMind 01-16-09 02:52 PM

My CE just shipped from Amazon. Interestingly, it appears that it is sold out and Amazon is not taking orders for it at this time.

Rammsteinfan 01-20-09 03:34 PM

Got just the regular unrated edition today of Saw V. The CE with spinning blade was neat but way too thick for my shelf. Plus half of them that i pressed the button on at BB werent working or the blade was pressing against the front of the pacaking and making a scraping noise.

PrometheusUFO 01-20-09 06:37 PM

Sorry if this belongs elsewhere, but I had a problem price-matching Saw V today. Best Buy and Wal-Mart both denied me, with the former claiming that Circuit City was closing. And Circuit City wouldn't even honor their own ad due to that same reason. So I ended up getting the 1-disc unrated version at WalMart for $20, then got home and remembered I had another store's ad with the same $14.99 price.

Does WalMart price-match after a purchase with a reciept like Best Buy does? I've already opened it, so that's about the only option I have left now. :(

a/v Junkie 01-20-09 07:45 PM

Just got my copy of Saw V - Collector's Edition from Best Buy. This is so NEAT!! What a nice touch to my Saw collection. I just wish there was blood squirting out on the blade to give it a better effect.Oh well. Maybe next time, Lionsgate. :-)

DeanoBKN 01-20-09 08:19 PM

It's a damn shame that they couldn't release the special edition on Blu-Ray too. I really love the case but i'm not paying an extra $28 for it. I'll never even use the DVD version.

dsa_shea 01-20-09 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas (Post 9212262)
It's a damn shame that they couldn't release the special edition on Blu-Ray too. I really love the case but i'm not paying an extra $28 for it. I'll never even use the DVD version.

It is a shame that over 90% of the time Blu-Ray is left out when it comes to the cool stuff. They need to push the exclusives with Blu-Ray unless you consider getting the digital copy a bonus.

a/v Junkie 01-20-09 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas (Post 9212262)

Your right about that. But had to get the buzz saw package. I couldn't pass this up.