Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

With Gilmore Girls gone...Complete Series DVD Boxset???

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-07, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the announcement of Gilmore Girls being cancelled this week, what do you think the chances are that they will release a Complete Series Boxset?

I hope they do. I love the show, but have held off buying the DVDs. Now I feel like I might as well wait in the hopes of getting them all nicely packaged together.
Old 05-04-07, 09:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I really hope so, because the past few dvd sets have had almost no special featueres. I have bought all the seasons as they came out but would still get this because then both my mom and I would have a set.
Old 05-04-07, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Oh I'm almost certain we'll see a complete series box-set in time for Christmas, as well as a "Deluxe" boxset next Christmas. GILMORE GIRLS is actually one of Warner Brother's Highest Selling DVD properties...
Old 05-04-07, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I discovered the show on DVD and have only watched it on that medium. I'll not double-dip on this series, but I'd love to see a complete series set as I'll buy it for my sister (or at least point her in the right direction )
Old 05-05-07, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's to be seen... They knew that the show might be ending, but there was the slight possibility of an 8th season... At the last minute, the decision was made to cancel it, but this was AFTER the season finale had been filmed. They might have possibly wrapped up some storylines in the event that the show did not continue.
Old 05-05-07, 10:11 AM

I read an article, I have forgotten where, though, in which Lauren Graham seemed to say that they were going to wrap it up nicely and she may have spoiled it alittle by saying that ending it with a wedding would not be good since the whole show has been about family, being there, being a friend and the strength of those relationships. It seemed to me that she was saying that a wedding would "remove" the family and take it in another direction. ((Her quote was better than my paraphrasing. Sorry.))

So I think they will end it well.

Additionally, I think some of her above comments were kinda personal too (the family angle) since she was raised by a single parent -- her Dad (who IIRC had not re-married), and still has extremely close ties to him.
Old 05-05-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would consider buying a "complete series" set. All I have is season one, so far, so it wouldn't be much of a loss.
Old 05-05-07, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
They cancelled the show!?!

Are they ending it right, or will it be one of those shows that go off the air devoid of a proper finale?
The Series finale was supposedly written to conclude the current chapters in the characters lives, and foreshadow their next chapter (which would have been season 8)
Old 05-05-07, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
Was it at least written by the series creator, Amy Sherman-Palladino?
Unfortunately, nope
Old 05-05-07, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Vendetta-AKK
With the announcement of Gilmore Girls being cancelled this week, what do you think the chances are that they will release a Complete Series Boxset?
I think the chances are pretty high. A few months ago I was contacted to do a dvd-related survey. The questions started as general ones but eventually started to focus on what WB shows I owned on dvd and started asking really detailed questions about would I puchases complete series sets of Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, and Smallville. For each show the questions started something like "This could be the last season of X show. If so would you purchase...."
They asked about ten questions about each theoretical set from what I would want to see on them to what price I would consider a good value, etc....

So this idea is at least being considered....
In the end I told them I would not rebuy complete series sets since I already own most of the seasons and that I was more concerned with the rest of the seasons of Everwood coming out on dvd at some point. I would like a complete series set of that!
Old 05-06-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think at this point the only thing that would make me double dip on the entire series would be an HD set with cast and crew commentary tracks.
Old 05-07-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lately you could get GG for $20 a season so I have been able to get 1-5 or 6 over the last year. I only got to see Season 1 on TV and have not opened the boxes to any of the seasons.