Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Goonies/Matrix/Caddyshack rereleases..........5/15

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking over the Digital Bits release page for today.. it just looks like a lot of old Warner discs being repackaged in Amaray cases.
Old 05-15-07, 11:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Looking over the Digital Bits release page for today.. it just looks like a lot of old Warner discs being repackaged in Amaray cases.
somebody posted that info already, but thanks anyway for the confirmation.
Old 05-15-07, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
There's no way I'm paying $17 for a piece of paper I could print out on my computer.
Old 05-15-07, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by mike01
any word yet about the transfer of the Matrix will it be the original or the new transfer?
Has anyone seen this version of Matrix yet? Is it the restored, superior transfer from the box set, or just the old one in a keep case?

Last edited by BuckNaked2k; 05-17-07 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-17-07, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

......anyone?
Old 05-17-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw the keepcase version out at Wal-Mart, I believe it to be the old 1999 disc in a keepcase so no big deal. Someone here would have to buy to confirm if the new transfer is really on the disc itself, but I highly, highly doubt that to be the case.
Old 05-19-07, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd_luver
I saw the keepcase version out at Wal-Mart, I believe it to be the old 1999 disc in a keepcase so no big deal. Someone here would have to buy to confirm if the new transfer is really on the disc itself, but I highly, highly doubt that to be the case.

Can no one confirm this yet??
Old 05-19-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by d2cheer
According to the back of the case and the specs that are listed on it -- I would bet good money that it's the 1999 DVD. Warner wouldn't take the new transfer and put all of the old features on the disc. That's just too much time and money.

When Deep Discount DVD has their 20% off sale in the upcoming months, you'll be able to pick up the ultimate box set for under $30. That's what I did the last time the sale happened -- and it's a price that can't be beat for a 10-disc set.
Old 05-19-07, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Confirmed, it's the 1999 disc! Saw a listing on ebay with the disc out. Stay clear.
Old 05-19-07, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
When Deep Discount DVD has their 20% off sale in the upcoming months, you'll be able to pick up the ultimate box set for under $30. That's what I did the last time the sale happened -- and it's a price that can't be beat for a 10-disc set.
Not really interested in the ultimate box set. I don't care for the sequels, I just want the best version of the original Matrix.

Originally Posted by DVD_luver
Confirmed, it's the 1999 disc! Saw a listing on ebay with the disc out. Stay clear.
Thanks. Pretty unbelieveable that they would re-release this with an inferior transfer, when a better one exists right there along side it.
Old 05-19-07, 10:58 PM
TRC

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Not really interested in the ultimate box set. I don't care for the sequels, I just want the best version of the original Matrix.

Thanks. Pretty unbelieveable that they would re-release this with an inferior transfer, when a better one exists right there along side it.
If you don't like the sequels you should probably know the new transfer of first movie has had some of its colors altered to match the later films. There's comparisons pics here. I'm not crazy about the changes myself.
Old 05-19-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I recently (last week) had the chance to finally watch the new transfer, and the color changes didn't bother me nearly as much as I thought they would. After a few minutes, I had completely forgotten about it. It's a much more dramatic difference when you're doing an A/B screenshot comparison than it is watching the movie, IMO.
Old 05-20-07, 03:15 AM

I imagine the second tranfer is a much larger file then the first so it's not like you can swap the new one in for the old one and still retain the special features of the first release.
Old 05-20-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You are all correct.

I should just enjoy the original transfer of the original movie, as it's really not bad. I just bought into all the hype that a "better" transfer existed, when really, the original is quite fine.... (snapper case notwithstanding!)