Reload this Page >

Evan Almighty DVD News

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Evan Almighty DVD News

Old 04-27-07, 08:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evan Almighty DVD News

Even though the film hasn't theater yet, DVDactive is reporting that Universal is running a promotion with The Conservation Fund, where you donate $5 for a tree and your name gets featured on the Evan Almighty DVD. Here is the complete info:

In a sort-of-DVD-related announcement, Universal Pictures and The Conservation Fund have come up with an environmental idea, which allows anyone with five dollars spare to have a tree planted in their name. In addition to this, those that donate a tree by the 22nd June, will also have their name featured in the forthcoming DVD release of Evan Almighty.

This is to celebrate the fact that Evan Almighty was the first major movie release to have zeroed out any carbon emissions, or to use The Conservation Fund's own service mark, to Go Zero℠. Donations to the "Almighty Forest" are five dollars per tree and can be purchased: individually, in a grove of fifty or a forest of one thousand. Each donation is tax deductible for those in the US, paid via credit card and can either be under the donor's name, given as a gift or dedicated in memory of a friend or family member.

The website where all this is happening can be found at: www.getonboardnow.org. There you will find a carbon calculator (allowing visitors to calculate their yearly carbon footprint), a green news feed, environmental tips and behind-the-scenes details for the upcoming release of Evan Almighty.
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/indust...hty-trees.html

This is a nice, enviromentally sound promotion.
Old 04-27-07, 09:44 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I think this is cool, probably won't be as nice as the Lord of the Rings extended credits but for $5 I'll do it.
Old 04-28-07, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow... just wow.

I love Steve Carell and all but this silliness is enough to make me not buy this DVD, no matter how much I end up liking the movie.
Old 04-28-07, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
Wow... just wow.

I love Steve Carell and all but this silliness is enough to make me not buy this DVD, no matter how much I end up liking the movie.
Yeah charity and environment awareness sucks
Old 04-28-07, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Yeah charity and environment awareness sucks
No, but the whole "Carbon Offset Credit" scam is wearing thin. It's a marketing ploy that does nothing for charity and only distorts "environmental awareness".