Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

DVD Profiler 3.0 is now available

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-07, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Looks like they're going force you to pony up the $$$ if you still want to play:

"Support for versions earlier than 3.0 will continue for at least three months, however we are no longer accepting profile and image contributions from those versions effective immediately. We encourage all users of version 2.4 and 2.5 to download and install version 3.0."

......no thanks.
Old 05-17-07, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Looks like they're going force you to pony up the $$$ if you still want to play:

......no thanks.
You are not required to pay to use version 3.0
Old 05-18-07, 05:59 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

......no thanks.
If you use it (or any of the previous versions) what's wrong with being asked to pay for it? It's incredibly cheap for what you get and if you want updates and new features (or even for the employees to be able to eat), why not pay for a good product?
Old 05-18-07, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No kidding. The cheap attitude is sad.
Old 05-18-07, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can still use the 2.4. It just won't be supported.
Old 05-18-07, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a one time fee and it's well worth the money. We all got to use it for free long enough. I don't understand that people bitch and complain about this. Do you all work for free or do you get paid?

Dirk
Old 05-18-07, 07:39 AM

I am totally impressed with this company. Yes I received my money back when their was that doubt but once the matter DID get settled I paid the money again to fully support this product. They even gave me the same key! This product is worth twice the amount they are asking for it.
Old 05-18-07, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
It's not a matter of being cheap, it's a matter of the product's marginal utility.

The only reason I got it in the first place was for for my signature on here. I'm perfectly happy with DVD Aficionado and DVD Spot to keep a tally of the DVDs I own.
Old 05-18-07, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's not a matter of being cheap, it's a matter of the product's marginal utility.

The only reason I got it in the first place was for for my signature on here. I'm perfectly happy with DVD Aficionado and DVD Spot to keep a tally of the DVDs I own.
in your case, i think that you are making the right decision. if you do not make full use of the product, then a free option is probably best. however, if you use it for more than your sig, the $30 is well worth it.
Old 05-18-07, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DirkUSA
It's a one time fee and it's well worth the money. We all got to use it for free long enough. I don't understand that people bitch and complain about this. Do you all work for free or do you get paid?

Dirk

Exactly. Don't complain. If you don't want to pay for it, there are good free options out there like spot.

Although I still miss Guzzlefish

Last edited by superdeluxe; 05-18-07 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-18-07, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I am having a few issues which I am not sure how to resolve!

I downloaded a few of the optional layouts from Invelos and each time I try to upload one of the custom layouts (I was looking for something as close to the original 2.0 layout as possible) I get an error message that blocks the entire program. The message on the screen is: You need to download a newer version of DVDPROFILER. I paid for the new 3.0 and that is what I am running.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Also, is there a way to have front and back covers exposed at the same time in the upper right window?

I somewhat miss the simpler design of the older layout!

Thanks in advance for the suggestions...

Pro-B
Old 05-18-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
The layout you are trying to download is not downloadable. It is the standard default layout for 2.x. Try downloading Invelos DVD Profiler Classic or 4 rows layout.

they are the closest to 2.x that you can use with 3.0 This might help your error message. If all else fails got to tech support forum or use the support ticket for help. Gerri or Ken will answer your question very quickly.

Hope I helped.

good luck
Old 05-18-07, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Thank you Randy!
Old 05-18-07, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
You are not required to pay to use version 3.0
Of course you are. Almost all the features disappear if you even have a small collection: http://www.invelos.com/dvdpro/Registration.aspx

Yeah, you can build a collection for free. You just can't do anything with it afterwards.
Old 05-18-07, 06:45 PM
Banned

Is there a way to request things be added ot the database? Both of the recent Target exclusives are not there - The Pursuit of Happyness and Dreamgirls. Oddly enough they did have the Wal-Mart Deja Vu disk.
Old 05-18-07, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
I suggest making the request over at the invelos forum (http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx), maybe someone can help you there. I'm sure someone has it and just might not have submitted it yet (or it hasn't been released).
Old 05-18-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cardaway
Is there a way to request things be added ot the database? Both of the recent Target exclusives are not there - The Pursuit of Happyness and Dreamgirls. Oddly enough they did have the Wal-Mart Deja Vu disk.
My Pursuit of Happyness (Target exclusive) showed up just fine.

Beyond that, no, you can't request titles to be added*. This is a "user-built" database. That means that for something to get into the database, some user (like yourself) has to add it. The profiles aren't added by Invelos themselves.

So if you have titles not in the database, add them yourself and submit them. For more instructions on how to do this, visit their forums.

* I guess you could request it. But for the most part, if someone has the title you want submitted, chances are they would have added it already. If it's not there, chances are either no one has it or you've entered it wrong somehow.
Old 05-19-07, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist
I am having a few issues which I am not sure how to resolve!

I downloaded a few of the optional layouts from Invelos and each time I try to upload one of the custom layouts (I was looking for something as close to the original 2.0 layout as possible) I get an error message that blocks the entire program. The message on the screen is: You need to download a newer version of DVDPROFILER. I paid for the new 3.0 and that is what I am running.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Also, is there a way to have front and back covers exposed at the same time in the upper right window?

I somewhat miss the simpler design of the older layout!

Thanks in advance for the suggestions...

Pro-B

I am quoting myself because even though I switched and downloaded the layout that was suggested to me the system still gets blocked! I have no idea precisely what is happening here but will try to follow up and see what the issue is. In the meantime is there a way to have front and back covers displayed at the same time without any of the custom layouts?

Pro-B
Old 05-19-07, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?t...topicID=151832

go to this url - support forum
someone has a similar problem and at the end Ken responed. maybe he has the answer to your problem.
Old 05-30-07, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I can honestly say that what was once enjoyable is a COMPLETE pain in my a$$. I HATE the new profiler. Setting their windows is almost inpossible. Trying to get back to your previous layout is impossible. You can't save a layout without purchasing and you cannot load a layout without purchasing. So how do you get back to the starting layout then? And why would I want to purchase this? It's awful.

I think they just gave me an excuse to spend my money elsewhere. What a joke.

Oh, and you can't EXPORT your database after you upgrade. Thanks guys.........
Old 05-30-07, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just went to 3.0 . I have 77 UPCs that didn't change over. How do I update them? Note: I haven't paid yet as I'm waiting to see if it's working well first, but I'm sure I will shortly.
Old 05-30-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by C_Fletch

I think they just gave me an excuse to spend my money elsewhere. What a joke.
Right... because you used the previous version for free for how long without buying it?

I don't see what the problem is.
Old 05-30-07, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't see what your problem is but I do see that YOU like to make personal attacks and jump to conclusions. Thanks.
Old 05-30-07, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by C_Fletch
I don't see what your problem is but I do see that YOU like to make personal attacks and jump to conclusions. Thanks.
I'll take a guess that you are replying to my reply to you...

I didn't make a personal attack, nor jumped to a conclusion.. I asked a simple question followed by a statement.

You're welcome.
Old 05-30-07, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Of course, I do apologize. You are always right.

Oh, and I did find a better solution. Thanks for pushing me in the right direction.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.