Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

"300" DVD Speculations

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-07, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"300" DVD Speculations

I noticed the Zodiac DVD thread, so i thought i would do the same with 300. Any ideas? I know i read an article where Zach said he left a few scenes out...here's hoping for a two or three disc edition a la "Sin City".
Old 03-13-07, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's pretty safe to assume right off the bat that there will be a one disc and two-disc edition for this.
Old 03-13-07, 02:19 PM

There's got to be an UNRATED edition somewhere down the line...
Old 03-13-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
No offense, but I think that this type of thread (for 300 and Zodiac) are pointless since you know that they will be coming eventually being a new release.

Make more sense just to wait until the studio announce a release date before creating a thread.
Old 03-13-07, 02:32 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I would assume the History Channel docu: 'Last Stand of the 300' might be an extra.
Old 03-13-07, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No offense, but I think that this type of thread (for 300 and Zodiac) are pointless since you know that they will be coming eventually being a new release.

Make more sense just to wait until the studio announce a release date before creating a thread.
I agree,
we don't have to speculate about every movie-when its coming to DVD, wait for actual information before starting a thread.
Old 03-13-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I like the idea of speculating, it makes my mouth water
Old 03-14-07, 04:02 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

has anyone read the comic book and saw the movie? if there are parts of the comic book left out and if zack snyder did film every part of the comic book maybe there will be an uncut/unrated/director's cut edition dvd, hopefully hd-dvd
Old 03-14-07, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This is Warner, so it will most likely be released as complete as possible the first time, with no double dip. Probably separate single and two(or three) disc editions released at the same time. Warner is not Fox(shit in yer hat).

Oh yeah, and I'm sure there will be plenty of store exclusives for this too.
Old 03-14-07, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Current box office behemoth 300 will be coming to DVD and hi-def with some cool extras, that according to director Zack Snyder. Among the bonus materials planned are deleted scenes, including one sequence that proved too extreme for the final cut.

"It's these giants with these midget archers on their backs," Snyder said. "The [giants] have no arms. Their arms have been hacked off. They have these little elf-looking guys in these kind of wicker baskets on their backs. They're firing arrows and then the Spartan comes and hacks the leg off it. It falls and they leap off and stab the little elf. [It] just got so outrageous that when I looked at it I thought, 'This is from another movie.' It was crazy." The footage may be slightly incomplete, but fans will get the idea of how far Snyder would have gone had he put the scene in the film. "It's like 90% [complete], but it's pretty cool."

There are few other deleted scenes because Snyder included almost everything from Miller's graphic novel. "There are a few Ephialtes scenes we took out when we first see him, and he's looking down on the Persians," Snyder said. "It's just straight out of the graphic novel. You can look at the graphic novel and those are the two scenes that aren't in it. But we shot them."

To emphasize the influence of Frank Miller, Snyder hopes to include an interactive feature that includes art from the graphic novel as the movie plays. "You would actually see the Frank frame [within the movie screen]," he said. "Whenever it's the same as the movie, you would see that frame in the corner, and you could click on that.." (Thanks to Home Media Magazine)

DAVISDVD.com
Old 03-14-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A set with the book included would be most ideal.
Old 03-14-07, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by calhoun07
A set with the book included would be most ideal.
I'd actually prefer not. I didn't like the Sin City uncut edition including the comic since I already owned it, and i'd feel like i was paying for someone i already owned again.
Old 03-15-07, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
In any set that would fit on the shelf, the book would be too small for good reading.

I don't think much of the book was left out of the movie. The "Stumblios" sequence and a little more maybe.
Old 03-15-07, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by basaro
This is Warner, so it will most likely be released as complete as possible the first time, with no double dip. Probably separate single and two(or three) disc editions released at the same time. Warner is not Fox(shit in yer hat).

Oh yeah, and I'm sure there will be plenty of store exclusives for this too.
Also, no commentary as is customary for Warner's two-tiered releases.
Old 03-15-07, 03:26 PM

I'd love to see a 300 extended version.
Old 03-15-07, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Drexl
Also, no commentary as is customary for Warner's two-tiered releases.
Hopefully they'll make an exception like the Blood Diamond DVD.

Reading the davisdvd article, it looks like some of the stuff is gonna be HD/Blu-ray exclusive.
Old 03-15-07, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Deleted scenes with more made up monsters? No thank you. I think I'll go for the barebones edition. Though I wouldn't mind having an edition that includes the graphic novel. I wish more studios would include books that the movie is based on.
Old 03-16-07, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
From icv2.com:

'300 DVD' to Highlight GN Art
And Include Deleted Scenes

March 15, 2007
Home Media has revealed some of the elements that director Zach Snyder hopes to include in the DVD edition of his adaptation of Frank Miller's 300 graphic novel. Chief among them will be an interactive feature involving a symbol that would appear in the frame -- viewers could click on the symbol and compare the visual from the movie with the panel from Miller's graphic novel. This feature should only increase the public's interest in the 300 graphic novel, which is already the number one best-selling graphic novel in both units and dollars in year-to-date sales in the bookstore market.

Over the past two years the DVD release of both Sin City and V for Vendetta (two graphic novel-based films that inspired similarly strong sales of the original graphic novel source material) created a second burst of graphic novel sales (see "The DVD Effect Materializes" and "V for Vendetta Tops DVD Sales"). Retailers should definitely pay attention to the DVD release of 300 and plan promotions involving the graphic novel and The Art of 300.

In addition to the interactive feature linking the movie and the graphic novel, the 300 DVD will also feature a number of deleted scenes including shots of giant Persian archers with midgets on their backs involved in close combat with the Greek fighters. There are also a few deleted scenes involving the traitor Ephialtes that will be available on the DVD, but there are relatively few deleted scenes since Snyder followed the graphic novel so closely.

Old 03-19-07, 10:28 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I predict that, in the commentary, Zack Snyder will refer to everybody in the cast and crew as a "rock star" at least once.
Old 04-11-07, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This link indicates 300 will be released on DVD in July.

http://www.eyecravedvd.com/article.p...70411113148934

Last edited by fryinpan1; 04-11-07 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-12-07, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
"Another insider also mentioned that Spartan helmets are being made for an exclusive add on at brick and mortar stores."

Wonder if these will be like the cheesy masks from V for Vendetta?
Old 04-12-07, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=BuckNaked2k]"Another insider also mentioned that Spartan helmets are being made for an exclusive add on at brick and mortar stores."

So there's no truth to the rumor that one of the B&M exclusives will be a leather thong?
Old 04-12-07, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Give it all to me in high def!
Old 04-12-07, 12:46 PM
Cool New Member

Warner have previously released v for vendetta, batman begins & constantine with comic books so hopefully we'll see some sort of book suplement.
Old 04-12-07, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by richard1.1
Warner have previously released v for vendetta, batman begins & constantine with comic books so hopefully we'll see some sort of book suplement.
Might be like the Sin City reduced-size graphic novel available with the "recut" version at......Target? (I forget)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.