Reload this Page >

The One: "Got Seamless??" Message

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 03-03-07, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Okay. So tonight I decided to watch Jet Li's The One (Special Edition version). I pop it into my DVD player and immediately start hitting my SKIP FORWARD button (to avoid all the Sony stuff at the beginning). I get a couple of black screens as I jump ahead and then...I'm taken to a black screen with the words "GOT SEAMLESS??" on it. My heart skipped cause I wasn't expecting that. The only way I could get off the screen was to hit SELECT. Then I was taken to the Main Menu.

I ejected the DVD and then popped it back in. I tried the same skipping ahead action and this time, went to the Widescreen/Full Screen option that usually opens this DVD. I ejected the DVD and tried again. This time, it worked.

"GOT SEAMLESS??" What the hell? Is this an easter egg of some sort that lets you see some version of the film via Seamless Branching? I scanned through the movie and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I looked around online and couldn't find anything about this.

Just had to post and say - Weird.