Scrubs: season 5---------->Spring 07'

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Scrubs: season 5---------->Spring 07'

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-07, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just picked my copy up and was wondering: since when did they decide to change it back to only 3 discs? i was hoping for 4. the past seasons have looked alright, but i think spread across 4 discs the video quality would be a lot better. oh, well.
Old 05-23-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Picked this up yesterday. Looking forward to watching it over the weekend.
Old 05-23-07, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by stardork13
Just picked my copy up and was wondering: since when did they decide to change it back to only 3 discs? i was hoping for 4. the past seasons have looked alright, but i think spread across 4 discs the video quality would be a lot better. oh, well.
They were always three discs.
Old 05-23-07, 06:07 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by stardork13
always only 3!
Old 05-23-07, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

anyone else think that video is sharp but the colors are really drab? and it always looks too dark towards the top of the screen? watching it on NBC it was always pretty vibrant looking show.
Old 05-24-07, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Naturally picked up season 5 on tuesday, got it at future shop for a decent $37.99. Already started today and probally will be finished by saturday- thats what happens when the show only runs about 21 mins, thats my only gripe about scrubs is that it runs short, althrough most NBC shows run about that length.
Regarding the 4 discs back to the 3 discs like the previous 4 seasons its just cheaper for BVHE to put them on 3. Personally I wish they did put it on 4 discs because Scrubs always sells well on DVD, its currently #7 on amazon.com's bestsellers and lots of people like me probally bought it in the stores as well.
Oh well, better then no release at all. I always get a laugh at some of the amazon reviews.
I like the artwork better then the season 4 DVD artwork.
Old 05-24-07, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got the last copy at my Target, loving it so far, although this is the year where JD really started acting mentally challenged a lot.
Old 05-24-07, 12:32 PM

I know that there's a whole seperate section for these questions, but it doesn't seem to get much action, so: Was there an insert with this? Mine has a pocket for an insert/booklet, but it's empty.
Old 05-24-07, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike Long
I know that there's a whole seperate section for these questions, but it doesn't seem to get much action, so: Was there an insert with this? Mine has a pocket for an insert/booklet, but it's empty.
There was a booklet that is just an ad for other dvds, KYLE XY, Muppet Show Season 2, etc.
Old 05-24-07, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
always only 3!
Yes, I know all previous sets were only 3 discs, but i had read that this particular release would be 4 discs. On the first page of this thread there's some discussion of it also.

And thanks, nateman, I was thinking it probably was a money issue also.
Old 05-24-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I could've sworn I read somewhere that we were going to get a few more extra's. Just can't for the life of me find where I read it.
Old 05-26-07, 10:05 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Mike Long
Mine was empty too. I just opened it five minutes ago and immediately checked this thread to see if it was a mistake.
Old 05-27-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just finished watching the set last night (Saturday night) & althrough i have seen all the episode before during there original airing I love watchin' Em' again!
I to didn't get an insert/booklet, I guess BVHE must really trying to be saving money.
I hope they release season 6 in the fall, Let's hope that BVHE decides to actually put the season on 4 disc's this time. The Compression isn't horrible or anything but it would improve the quality of the picture enough that it would be noticable.
Old 05-27-07, 09:46 AM

I was hoping that they would have the uncut version of Turk and the airband playing "More Than A Feeling" by Boston. I remember watching the full version on the NBC website after the original airing