Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Bourne Identity - Canadian version has DTS track. Any others?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-07, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was in a used DVD store today in Virginia and came across the Canadian version of The Bourne Identity. This version is different from the one that was distributed in the US. Some of the extra features are different, but best of all it has an English DTS track which the US version does not. Plus the cover is different. Needless to say, I picked it up.

My question is - Are there any other Canadian releases of movies that have DTS tracks that the US versions do not. I may just be ignorant, but I didn't think that the Canadian versions would be this different. Here is a link to what the Canadian version looks like...

http://www.amazon.ca/Bourne-Identity...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
Old 01-29-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This isn't the Candian Version, is it? It's just the first edition that was released when it came to DVD. I have this DVD and it has DTS, bought in California.
Old 01-29-07, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
This isn't the Candian Version, is it? It's just the first edition that was released when it came to DVD. I have this DVD and it has DTS, bought in California.
He's right. The first edition of The Bourne Identity had a DTS track. Right before The Bourne Supremacy came out, they re-released the first one and dupmed the DTS tack. I picked up the first version used simply for this reason. It's hard to find that first version new, but pretty easy to find it in used stores and online.
Old 01-29-07, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Okay, thanks guys. Actually, mine looks like that picture except that it has English and French on it and the Canadian Maple Leaf on the spine. The cover is reversible with all French text on the other side. Thanks for the help on the mystery, guys.
Old 01-30-07, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there is also a commentary on the disc that didn't carry over to the new edition.
Old 02-12-08, 12:27 AM

Sorry to bump this old thread, but this is totally related: does anyone have the UPC of the DTS R1 editions of Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy? It'd make it easier to track down (for when the seller doesn't realize it's the DTS version). Thanks!
Old 02-12-08, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by sremick
Sorry to bump this old thread, but this is totally related: does anyone have the UPC of the DTS R1 editions of Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy? It'd make it easier to track down (for when the seller doesn't realize it's the DTS version). Thanks!
The Bourne Identity - 025192155123

I don't think there was a DTS for Bourne Supremacy.