Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Question About The Ally McBeal Overseas DVDs

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-14-07, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If any of you have actually bought the region 2 dvds, how are they with the picture quality? I have read that they are dissapointing and that there aren't that many extras. Also what are the languages on them and do they come with subtitles?

The box with the whole show is very hard to trackdown, amazon.co.uk had it for like 5 days and ran out.

Does anyone have the region 4 dvds. The packaging looks better and as far as I can tell they come in slimpacks which would probably spare me any damage from shipping.

I appreciate your thoughts and comments. I'm really looking forward to buying them since it's highly likely that the region 1 releases will have different music.
Old 01-14-07, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
I bought seasons 1,2 and 4 from CD Japan and season 3 from Amazon.fr and I have no complaints about the picture quality.No extras were included.All contained the original English soundtrack.I don't recall about the subtitles.
Old 01-15-07, 09:29 AM

I own seasons 1 & 2 on DVD from the UK and got them for about $20-30 each. They sound great and look nice. I have no complaints...

Edit: One of the sets had a behind the scenes on it. Seemed like something that aired on Fox back in the day, but was nice.
Old 01-15-07, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is the music fully intact in the UK set? Would love to get this in R1-- once it's finally released-- but it's going to suffer if they don't get the rights. Talk about a show that was almost built around its featured music....

--THX
Old 01-15-07, 03:46 PM
Banned

Japanese versions will be NTSC and UK will be PAL (with speed-up).

Just a warning, if that type of thing bothers you.
Old 01-16-07, 12:37 AM

Thanks for the comments everyone. To answer CertifiedTHX's question yes, the region 2 dvds have all the original music in them. It looks like I'll be getting them from the UK afterall along with the region 2 Twin Peaks season 1 release.

I've checked ebay and there is a box set with all the five seasons and looks very real (not bootlegged) but it's from China. The box looks like it's metal and it has a picture of her on it. I've tried getting some information about this release but can't find any details. This leads me to believe that it's a glorified bootleg. They even have a similar one for Friends.
Old 01-16-07, 09:04 AM
Banned

Bootleg bootleg bootleg. Without a doubt.