Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

So....MST3K Volume 11....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-07, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So....MST3K Volume 11....

I have my concerns. It's getting kind of late for RHINO to announce the episodes they're planning for this new volume if we're expecting a Feb/Mar release date, isn't it?

This worry, along with the recent strangeness in withdrawing Volume 10 from stores because, we assume, of some misunderstanding involving the ownership of one of the films on that set, is wrinkling my forehead with dismay.

Is there a problem, do you think?
Old 01-02-07, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I hope not. Still have no idea what happened with set 10, but hopefully Rhino will keep releasing new sets. There is still plenty of time for them to announce the titles for set 11.
Old 01-02-07, 09:21 AM

There's no problem. MST3K.com said that the rights issue with Volume 10 hasn't caused any delays with Volume 11 which is still expected out sometime in mid-to-late March. As for not releasing the contents of the set, it always seems to be an 11th hour announcement. Here's hoping for some good ones.

Last edited by JarJarBinks; 01-02-07 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-02-07, 12:10 PM

I really want an official release of The Final Sacrifice.
Old 01-02-07, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by drainout
I really want an official release of The Final Sacrifice.
Thats a good one. That kid has to be the mamby pambiest hero ever (I think thats the first time I've ever typed out "mamby pambiest"). I dont have a wish for any particular episode to be released .. I just want them all released and besides my favorite is already out (Girl in Gold Boots ).

Has Squirm been released yet?
Old 01-02-07, 08:55 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maklershed
Thats a good one. That kid has to be the mamby pambiest hero ever (I think thats the first time I've ever typed out "mamby pambiest"). I dont have a wish for any particular episode to be released .. I just want them all released and besides my favorite is already out (Girl in Gold Boots ).

Has Squirm been released yet?
I doubt Squirm will get a MST3K release. Doesn't MGM own the rights? There's a DVD of it out now...
Old 01-03-07, 06:34 AM

I'd like Bride of the Monster or the Violent Years. Ed Wood's stuff should get a good release. I couldn't believe that The Sinister Urge made it to DVD. Amazing.
Old 01-03-07, 09:21 AM
Cool New Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ethan VanSciver
I'd like Bride of the Monster or the Violent Years. Ed Wood's stuff should get a good release. I couldn't believe that The Sinister Urge made it to DVD. Amazing.
You're not allowed to stray away from the Bendis Board. Go back!
Old 01-03-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd like to see a few season 7 episodes get released. It was only 6 episodes but I thought all of them but The Brute Man were extraordinarily good and it isn't bad, just a tad dull.
Old 01-03-07, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by JesseCuster
I'd like to see a few season 7 episodes get released. It was only 6 episodes but I thought all of them but The Brute Man were extraordinarily good and it isn't bad, just a tad dull.
I was lead to understand that the season 7 episodes were all impossible to get the rights to, for some reason.

Nevertheless, if RHINO wants to kick some ass, they should just do a season 7 complete season set. 6 episodes in one box...charge $75 dollars retail. No problem.
Old 01-03-07, 01:44 PM

I know the KTMA episodes are of lesser quaility, but how about a few from there, as a bonus at least. And while the Shorts collections are not as fun as the whole episodes, how about the complete Commando Cody and the Radar Men From The Moon, it's in the PD. There is still another 14 or so unreleased shorts after Shorts I, II, III, Mr.B's and Assignment Venuzala, so they could always do a set that has a new Shorts Volume IV.

It would also be cool to do a set with the First episode and last episode, although Danger Diabolik has been released, so it probably won't happen. I wonder whatever happened to the Essentials collection, I though that was suppose to continue.
Old 01-03-07, 01:49 PM

I don't think the MST3K guys ever want the KTMA to see the light of day in an actual release. They've even said that they don't really like the first season of the Comedy Central Era shows to be shown. Or at least that was what they said back when the show was still in repeats. They considered most of them really bad. Myself, I say release them all. Especially any I'm missing from my Video Library.
Old 01-03-07, 01:58 PM

Yeah, the tape trading is great, but will never reach the quailty of the Rhino releases, they can't churn out box sets fast enough for me.
Old 01-03-07, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They have all said many times that the KTMA episodes will stay buried. For one they never cleared any of the rights for the movies they used and the episodes are pretty bad for the most part.
Old 01-03-07, 02:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
I doubt Squirm will get a MST3K release. Doesn't MGM own the rights? There's a DVD of it out now...
you are correct.
Old 01-03-07, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Features both anamorphic widescreen and 4:3 transfers, plus a commentary. Almost funny that this got a treatment as decent as THAT even.

Glad I have this on VHS from a Sci-Fi Channel broadcast. Will definitely be converting to DVD, along with all the other episodes I have. The one I really want on retail DVD, though, is Riding with Death. Lots of hysterical moments in that one. The one copy I have is practically unwatchable. Damn it, when is Sci-Fi-- or any other channel-- going to bring this back? One of the best shows on TV.

--THX
Old 01-27-07, 09:07 PM

Still no information on Volume 11. I'm starting to think Rhino isn't goint to release any more MST3K. Can anyone get some reassuring info from a credible source?
Old 01-27-07, 09:20 PM

Oh dear lord how I hope you're wrong. At least I have my boxes of MST3k tapes from Comedy Channel and Sci-Fi days (by the way .. what are they showing on Saturday mornings at 9am thats so important that they couldnt continue to air MST3k?).
Old 01-28-07, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wouldn't give up hope yet. Rhino usually releases the episodes and release date at the last minute.

If you really want to own every single episode every recorded on a VCR and don't mind spending a lot of time downloading them read the faq at dapcentral.org and go for it (they block any episodes available for purchase). They are about the highest quality home recorded episodes you could ask for and a ton are now in DVD format. I have the whole set this way, but will gladly replace them with any new Rhino DVDs that come out.
Old 01-28-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Maklershed
Oh dear lord how I hope you're wrong. At least I have my boxes of MST3k tapes from Comedy Channel and Sci-Fi days (by the way .. what are they showing on Saturday mornings at 9am thats so important that they couldnt continue to air MST3k?).
Repeats of Frankenfish, Interceptor Force, or wrestling I guess...at least we have the DVD sets....
Old 02-01-07, 09:37 PM

You can also download full-DVD versions of about half of all the episodes (not yet released by Rhino) at myspleen.net.
These are the same ones released by the DAP, but are a lot easier to get.
Old 02-01-07, 11:22 PM

Thanks!
Old 02-03-07, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Delayed, I'm guessing these rights issues are getting harder and harder to hammer out.

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/

New date is May 15
Old 02-03-07, 11:28 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by tstouder
You're not allowed to stray away from the Bendis Board. Go back!
He follows me everywhere!
Old 02-04-07, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Delayed, I'm guessing these rights issues are getting harder and harder to hammer out.

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/

New date is May 15
Okay, well that's hopeful. At least we're still getting a new volume.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.