Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Evil Dead dvd's

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-06, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evil Dead dvd's

Alright, not sure if anyone can help me or not. But I heard there is a version of evil dead where they only made 1500 or something like that total. You cant find it for less than a couple hundred bucks. I tried searching for it on the internet and found nothing though. Anyone know about this dvd? I'm trying to buy every version out there.
Old 12-30-06, 10:14 AM

Well I'm not sure if this is the one you mean (and do you mean in Region 1?), but could it possibly be this Corporate Blockbuster rental dvd? One of dvdtalk's members, xage, has a HUGE Evil Dead collection. I couldn't get the QUOTE feature working, but here is one of his earlier posts concerning his collection:

-----------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by: xage

Evil Dead / Evil Dead II- Dead By Dawn / Army of Darkness

The Books Of The Dead - Original and Re-release

Evil Dead - 1999 Anchorbay Release in 4 different DVD Art *

Evil Dead - 1999 Anchorbay DVD in a Lunchbox and Neca Lunchbox Limited #out of 5000 **

Army of Darkness: BoomStick Edition - 2003 Anchorbay Release ***

Army if Darkness - 1999-2000 Anchorbay #d Limited Edition - Rare/OOP ****

Evil Dead - Anchorbay 2002 (RENTAL ONLY) Release - Rarest R1 *****

My Evil Dead Collection

footnotes:

* Contrary to early information that there were "5" variations of the 1999 Anchorbay Released, it seems that there were only four "4" (enough to spell E-V-I-L at its spine# ). The set stir a lot of confusion at ebay as the stock photo made available was not even the same cover/art.

** The two released lunchboxes were always been mistaken as the same, but its NOT (One has a DVD in it, the other has a Thermos).

*** Please be aware that the sought after OOP release/version of the "Boomstick Edition" is the one with the "Limited Collectible 8 page Booklet" entitled Join the Army

**** Please take note that there were four #d Limited Edition releases of Army of Darknes. The Hard ones to obtain or the so called "rarer" versions are the ones released in Canada.

- Gold keepcase / Director's Cut limited to (US) #out of 40,000 and (Canada) #out of 5,000

- 2 disc Alpha Case limited to (US) #out of 30,000 and (Canada) #out of 4,000

**** This is an exclusive Blockbuster "Rental Only" Edition and "Not For Sale". Released back in 2002. And what made it so rare was it's limited release of availability to "Corporate" Blockbuster Stores only

Originally Posted by: xage
-----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Gonvik; 12-30-06 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-30-06, 12:52 PM

I think Gonvik (and xage) covered it, but my first reaction is that you meant the Canadian LE's, or the Blockbuster exclusive (I haven't seen an estimated # of copies, that I recall...)

Before the Boomstick edition came out, I think the LEs were fetching those kind of prices. I bought the US LEs just after Boomstick came out, and the prices were much much lower ($25? About what I would have expected them to be at retail when they first came out).

Not sure if the Canadian LEs dropped as much (with the 'lower # of copies'), as I was never specifically looking for those versions.

Last edited by ScottReynolds; 12-30-06 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-30-06, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have seen the blockbuster disc on ebay twice and it went for about 25 each time.
Old 12-30-06, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, the boomstick version sells for more than $25 on ebay.
Old 01-01-07, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Raw_and_Vital
Alright, not sure if anyone can help me or not. But I heard there is a version of evil dead where they only made 1500 or something like that total. You cant find it for less than a couple hundred bucks. I tried searching for it on the internet and found nothing though. Anyone know about this dvd? I'm trying to buy every version out there.

There were no Region1 Evil Dead that runs under #d out of 1500.

Though the closest numbering sequence of limited edition release would be the dutch release (Region 2) which runs under #d out of 1000

Links of photo proof and its existence

http://www.medienhandel.at/g45119.jpg

http://website.lineone.net/~evil-ex/...1-DVD-009b.htm
Old 01-11-07, 01:44 PM

I am working on my Evil Dead/Army of Darkness collection. I just picked up the Rare Army of Darkness limited 2 disc edition (# of 30000) for 18 bucks last night. Great buy in my opinion. I'm working on getting the Canadian version in which they only made 4000 copies of for about 20 bucks. Which is also a good buy.
Old 02-21-07, 06:19 AM

Hi everyone i am the new member to this forum. I really love the EVIL DEAD movie specially the part one (book of the dead).
can anybody send me the personal ( high quality) images of total DVD releases of EVIL DEAD. personal images means images from your own collection. just like "XAGE's Evil Dead Collection"
I need more photos of this type, but in high quality and big size images..
Old 02-21-07, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by asim1
Hi everyone i am the new member to this forum. I really love the EVIL DEAD movie specially the part one (book of the dead).
can anybody send me the personal ( high quality) images of total DVD releases of EVIL DEAD. personal images means images from your own collection. just like "XAGE's Evil Dead Collection"
I need more photos of this type, but in high quality and big size images..
1. Have you clicked on any of the photos above?
2. What are you going to use the photos for?
3. Do you realize that in the thread you started on this subject, you did not provide your e-mail address? Seems like you would want to do that if you're begging people to e-mail you stuff.
Old 02-21-07, 04:17 PM
AOD

Originally Posted by Raw_and_Vital
I am working on my Evil Dead/Army of Darkness collection. I just picked up the Rare Army of Darkness limited 2 disc edition (# of 30000) for 18 bucks last night. Great buy in my opinion. I'm working on getting the Canadian version in which they only made 4000 copies of for about 20 bucks. Which is also a good buy.
If you are looking for all R1, U.S., AOD examples, you are going to have to pick up 7 seperate pressings. You also know there were 2 limited edition Army of Darkness' for R1 right? There was the two disc and there was also the single disc LE. Below is a scan of the single disc along with the 6 other pressings for the U.S.. My two 2-disc LE's and single disc LE signed by the man, of course . Also, if you are intent on watching any of these, it is my opinion that the SD side of the HD-DVD combo disc has the best image so far. That title was once held by the R3 import, but I think it has now been taken back by R1. Check out page 2 of this thread for my comparison...Happy hunting.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=479143

Last edited by AOD; 02-21-07 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-22-07, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
1. Have you clicked on any of the photos above?
2. What are you going to use the photos for?
3. Do you realize that in the thread you started on this subject, you did not provide your e-mail address? Seems like you would want to do that if you're begging people to e-mail you stuff.
Dear Salty.. here is the answers to your quiestions.

1. I have clicked on all images and save them also but these aren't big enough to satisfy a crazy fan of EVIL DEAD, like me.

2. I want these images (in big size) because I like them so much and watch them how the different released of EVIL DEAD are looks like.. specially the lunch box edition, i really love this but unfortunately i cant get that products because not available here. so want to collect these photos. instead.

3. Yes I have realized that i make this mistake in quickness, but now i posted my Email ID there.

Thanks for figuring out my mistakes and I know my English is very bad.
Old 02-20-09, 05:13 PM

Re: Evil Dead dvd's

I've actually got the 2 disc edition of Army of Darkness as the limited Canadian edition of just 4000. Can provide pictures if necessary. Looking to sell this but haven't really seen it for sale elsewhere. Any ideas about the value of it?