Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Mailing list for weekly releases?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-06, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mailing list for weekly releases?

I know a bunch of websites post DVD releases on a weekly basis and there and big lists of what's coming in the next few months, but does anyone know of a mailing list that can deliver to my inbox on a weekly basis what's coming out? It would be nice to get a reminder each week of what's out, I seem to have a habit of not checking websites on a regular basis but my email is viewed constantly and I'd have a much smaller chance of ever missing it.
Old 12-20-06, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Forget the email thing....it will be incomplete, most likley since it's really hard to locate a site that lists everything. Who comes close? Go HERE each week and you'll have a good idea on whats coming...weeks in advance, including imports. You can also easily go back severel weeks and months and find out about anything you missed. They are not always perfect....but they do a good job for me.
Old 12-20-06, 01:34 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVDPlanet (formerly Ken Crane's) used to do this but for some reason they stopped. At least I stopped getting the emails, and I never unsubscribed because I travel a lot and like to keep track of what's coming out each week. I haven't found a replacement for this yet, unfortunately.
Old 12-20-06, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I use the Dvdpricesearch Upcomming Releases page where they have all the release dates and you just choose the date. That way you check the prices to.

Old 12-20-06, 04:25 PM
Bye

I used to rely on the "Upcoming DVD Cover Art" section at thedigitalbits.com, which I admit isn't intended to be comprehensive, but it was always enough for me. Now that Russell Hammond is inexplicably AWOL (anybody know where the hell he is???), I just come here and if a title I'm interested in shows up in a thread, I can read all about it.

I understand that might not be enough for some, I'm just not all that concerned about every single release every week -- if I'm waiting for something in particular, I can always do a search. Anything really noteworthy always gets a write-up in the forum, so I can just be lazy and wait.