DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Any news on more DRAGNET sets?

Old 12-04-06, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Any news on more DRAGNET sets?

It was a great show, and the DRAGNET 1967 boxset looks fantastic. Does anyone know if there are plans to release the remaining seasons on DVD? It ran through 1970.

Also, seeing as there are many cheap public domain releases of the old B&W DRAGNET episodes, are there any plans for a full release of this series by season sets?

Surely there must be many other Jack Webb fans out there to make this possible. It seems ADAM-12 is getting the multi-season treatment.
Old 12-05-06, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i certainly would love the continuation of Dragnet (color) and season sets of the B/W series but unfortunately, i havent heard anything about either of them.
Old 12-05-06, 12:13 PM

I e-mailed Gord Lacey at tvshowsondvd.com a couple months ago about this and Adam-12. His reply was that the sales of the first season sets were not as good as expected so Universal hasn't released any more.
Fortunately they are still going with Emergency! season sets with Season 3 in Feb.
Old 05-27-08, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sorry, i dont have any news on future releases of Dragnet on DVD but while browsing netflix instant watch feature, i noticed they also have seasons 2, 3 and 4 there for viewing.

i know its not as good as having the DVD sets released but at least its something.
Old 05-27-08, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for the update... Will check them out on Netflix.

This seems to be good news, as maybe this means that the last three seasons are in the pipeline for an eventual release at some point.